“kid friendly” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 15 Restaurants in Bargara
nambour
“kid friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We turned up at 6 anf the place was fairly empty. However there was soon an influx of families and we ended up waiting an hour for our meals. When the food did arrive the kids pizza is tiny, my steak was nice and tender but my partners was nothing special. Also a long queue for the bar, 20 minutes! They were under staffed and the staff they did have seemed to be doing a good job under difficult circumstances.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Mission beach qld
“Bad food and worse Attitude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

In November on our way back home to North Queensland , we had our usual stopover at Bargara a favourite place of ours. As we usually do we went to Bargara Beach Hotel for dinner. It had totally gone down since we were there previously., poor selection. On a blackboard out the front of restaurant, a Roast Meal was advertised. When I ordered I was told it was not available. I pointed out that the meal was written on the board. The cashier said she would check with Chef. When he came out and I enquired about the meal on the Blackboard not being available, his answer was . " I will fix that " I said , " Oh how " to which he replied I will just wipe it off the board . No apology ,nothing but a half smart attitude. Once home I sent an email to complain, but of course that went unanswered. Shocking attitude. Don't advertise something that is not available. Wouldn't go there again . As others have written, Overpriced for poor quality food .

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Overpriced, average pub food.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We waited half an hour in line just to place our order, and though the staff are friendly, the wait was unfortunately not worth it. Pre processed schnitzel and overcooked steak along with the most potent rissoto I've ever come across (white wine was not cooked through)... Very poor effort. If they where charging cheap pub meals it would be fine, but at $32 for a schnitzel 'deluxe' and similar for a steak, it's way below par. Honestly, I think they are trying hard, but totally missing the mark.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bargara, Australia
“Has Improved Out of Sight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We have eaten at Bargara Beach Hotel several times and we were starting to give up hope, but I must say our past two dinning experiences here have been great. Our meals have been large and yummy. In the past we have had to send meals back but now the difference is highly notable. The pizzas here are sensational and now I am likely to say that there pub meals are very good also. We will return and the staff are great

Visited November 2012
“Great pizzas, friendly service and very kid-friendly!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

We were referred here last night by the Bargara Golf Club (who highly recommended the pizzas) after being informed their kitchen was closed - we were very grateful for the recommendation and had a great night. Pizzas were fantastic, playground and colouring in for kids was greatly appreciated and staff were really friendly (if not a bit overfamiliar - got called 'sugar' from guy behind bar and 'Hun' from the young girl taking food orders. I would much rather this than sour, rude staff though so this is just an observation if the manager/s read these reviews). Wine list was a bit disappointing for me personally - only nz sauv blanc was $37 a bottle which I thought was a bit rich compared to the quality/cost of other wines on list. Again though, not a big enough problem to have interfered with our enjoyment of the night - just some constructive criticism. Would definitely go again!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere