We visited Eaglereach last November, having been there 10 years previously. Not much has changed, which is good and bad.
It is still an amazingly relaxing place. Sitting in the spa while watching the view, waking up to a view of hill tops above the low cloud / mist in the valley, going for a wander in their little rainforest area, just relaxing, its all good.
The staff also provide really good service. We had a great time.
If you are going for the weekend from Sydney I'd recommend taking the Friday off work and having a relaxing drive there via the Hunter Valley while still allowing yourself time to get there at a decent time Friday afternoon / evening.
The place could do with some investment though. Can't remember which lodge we stayed in but it looked like nothing had changed in the last ten years at least. CD player and gadgets very 'old school', and the place did feel a bit 'tired'. The view from the lodge certainly had a wow factor, but the lodge itself didn't. Not enough to stop you going, but enough to stop me giving it 5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Multi award-winning mountaintop paradise alive with native animals in their natural habitat. Accommodation in s/c lodges 1-6 bedrooms and resort rooms 4 to 4.5 star. Bistro and bar offering casual to a la carte dining, day spa and eco systems from mountaintop to rain forest, all non-motorized activities and equipment free including mountain bikes, self-guided nature walks, kayaks, internet kiosk, DVD library.New Corroboree Meeting Place for conferences functions and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Eaglereach Wilderness Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eaglereach Wilderness Hotel Vacy
- Hotel Eaglereach Wilderness
- Eaglereach Wilderness Resort Vacy/Greater Newcastle, Australia