This was my first time to Eaglereach and im afraid it will be my last. I will admit the lady who greeted us was friendly enough but out cabin was in poor condition. The cabin had dirty utensils, dirty spa bath and a TV that didn’t get a lot of reception. The DVD player worked but didn’t have a remote. The cabin had no blinds or curtains, which I found unusual even though we were somewhat secluded it was still very uncomfortable. There were high winds during our stay, which was quite scary on its own due to the cabin shaking and the load noise, but to top it off a huge branch the size of a tree fell onto our cabin. We decided to head to reception to seek possibly a different cabin which had more protection as we were right on the cliff face (Silkwood cabin), we got to reception at 5.40pm and nobody was in sight not even anyone at the restaurant as they were closed for the night. We then called the emergency number to only be told to just "batten down the hatches" which was an unacceptable response when you are paying good money for a nice time. My husband and I are made to wait in the fire rescue room for a couple of hours until the winds calm down, as it is to unsafe to leave. The next day the manager came to check there were "no dead bodies" or if we had "left last night". She did apologise and also apologised on behalf of the emergency contact admitting he dealt with it wrongly. This is all well and good but no compensation was made, they couldn’t even change cabins for us. I hardly slept on a back aching bed in that cabin for four nights and as it was obvious I wouldn’t get my money back if I left early I had no choice. In summary there was no real customer service or a relaxing stay and I paid good money for a terrible and upsetting expereince . You may get lucky with this place but if they haven’t trimmed the trees near your lodges which im sure is a required regulation you may have an unexpected guest and nobody will help you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Multi award-winning mountaintop paradise alive with native animals in their natural habitat. Accommodation in s/c lodges 1-6 bedrooms and resort rooms 4 to 4.5 star. Bistro and bar offering casual to a la carte dining, day spa and eco systems from mountaintop to rain forest, all non-motorized activities and equipment free including mountain bikes, self-guided nature walks, kayaks, internet kiosk, DVD library.New Corroboree Meeting Place for conferences functions and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Eaglereach Wilderness Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eaglereach Wilderness Hotel Vacy
- Hotel Eaglereach Wilderness
- Eaglereach Wilderness Resort Vacy/Greater Newcastle, Australia