“Quaint restaurant, yummy food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Orange
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Virginia
“Quaint restaurant, yummy food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

A small but quaint restaurant right in the middle of town. The food was flavorful and good, and it is clearly a local favorite. Will definitely here again next time I'm in town.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Arlington, Virginia, United States
“Impressive Catering Team”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I sat down with Executive Chef Randy Cooper in January to casually talk over our plans for catering options for our wedding over Labor Day Weekend. Eager to help, Randy was attentive, easy to talk to and very approachable as we began to discuss how we could best feed approximately 120 guests in an outdoor wedding during the peak of summer's heat. Randy offered up a viable plan in terms of how to best execute the menu, while still listening to our input of specific food items. In the months that followed our initial meeting, Randy and his assistant, Laura, were responsive and considerate. When it came time to deliver the plan, the food was impressive. Randy's catering team provided us and our guests top notch service throughout our entire wedding. The lamb and fish were both outstanding. As the bride and groom, Randy's team made sure to track us down so that we could eat and enjoy the food. The guest feedback was all positive and even a chef who works with my husband commented on the tastiness and presentation of the food. Preparing and serving hors d'oeuvres, entrees, and dessert for 120 people is no easy feat, especially when transporting from a kitchen to an outdoor tent. We couldn't be more pleased with Randy and his team for a job well done!

• Visited September 2013
Stafford, Virginia, United States
“5 star all the way!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We booked a night in a local Bed and Breakfast, and the innkeeper recommended this restaurant. From the moment we walked in, this was truly an experience. Elmwood is a small place, having only 12 tables, and a 2 person bar that overlooks the kitchen. The entire meal was the best we have ever eaten. The pricing was on par for a restaurant offering such unique combinations, the produce is local, the wine list was fantastic, and the chef/owner knows how to wow his customers. We were amazed that such talent was sitting in little Orange, Virginia! We are definitely going back!

Gordonsville, Virginia
“Great food, great service, quaint atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I'm a local and this is the special place my husband and I go when we want to be WOWED! Their lunch menu is especially good. From the quiche with a salad to the salmon you just can't go wrong. Local produce and meats used which is always a plus.

Alexandria, Virginia
“Wonderful find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I had been out visiting wineries in the area and wanted to have dinner before heading back to Alexandria, VA (no sense sitting in traffic on I-95 at 6pm!). I found the restaurant on TripAdvisor and the reviews were good, so we set the GPS. Dinner service starts at 6pm and we were the first to arrive - sans reservation, but that was not a problem. The decor is lovely, the service was first rate and the meal was absolutely delicious! We each had the mussels appetizer; for entrees I had the seafood paella and my husband had the filet. We shared the peach cobbler for dessert. YUM! We will definitely put this on our list of restaurants to visit again. This was a great find and exactly what we needed after a day romping to various wineries.