“A Cool Treat in Orange!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Dessert, Contemporary, Bagels
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A new restaurant. Opened in feb 2011
Virginia
“A Cool Treat in Orange!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

On a very hot, humid Virginia afternoon, in July, I headed to Orange, Va., to meet up w/a very dear old friend, w/a plan, to visit one of our fav. little book shops,The Friends of the Library Book Shop, 120 Chapman Street, Orange.

Afterwards, we slowly made our way to the Light Well Restaurant on Main Street. In the past, we had stopped in for tea, coffee, & lovely baked goods, on this day, being a bit undecided, the wait staff, recommended a dish of Ice cream, I am a bit particular when it comes to ice cream, I asked which brand they carried, her response, "Homestead Creamery," without hesitation, we each ordered the Vanilla, a generous scoop w/an sweet biscuit on the side was served.

We finished our delectable cool treat, and headed out, just as the late afternoon storm broke.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fredericksburg, VA
“A must go in Orange!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Having grown up in this area, I can safely say that this is one of the best spots to eat in all of Orange. We stopped for Sunday brunch and arrived exactly at 11am when they open. Within 20 minutes the place was full and with good reason. Great food, great service, great atmosphere. MDP, an eggs Benedict junkie, gave his breakfast high praise. We'll definitely be going back.

Orange, Va
“Getting better all the time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

The Light Well is Orange Va is getting better all of the time. We had dinner last night, everything was great and the service was top notch

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Great food and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We enjoyed one of the best burgers we have ever eaten here and the service was excellent. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend The Light Well

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Norfolk, Virginia
“Great restaurant, fun atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My parents suggested this place for us to go eat and watch the World Cup. I've been living in Dallas for 7 years so I haven't had a chance to go until now. I came to this building every day as a kid, back when it was Rickett's. I'm glad to say it is now a great place to go for lunch or dinner. The atmosphere is fun, good radio station, live music on some nights. I enjoyed dinner more than lunch, but that largely has to do with an allergy that limited my lunch options.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere