“Stink bug infestation” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 Orange B&B and Inns
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Stink bug infestation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

When I checked in for my recent stay at the Inn, I was handed a paper explaining that they have a problem with stink bugs infesting the guest rooms. From insects buzzing me awake at night, to almost drinking a stink bug swimming in my Waterford water glass, this was the worst hotel stay I've ever had.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

My wife and I just returned from a weekend at the Inn at Willow Grove and certainly echo the gist of the other reviews. The Inn at Willow Grove is charming, the service is impeccable, the food is wonderful, the rooms are beautifully appointed and tremendously comfortable and all of this holds up entirely. The things I did not expect, and that I rarely have seen in many years of travel were the little things that made for a truly exceptional weekend. Butler service delivers coffee, hot pastries and a newspaper each morning to the room. Porches just off the rooms offer rockers and views that overlook the property, Inn staff always seem to show up right when you need something and always with the warmest attitude as if they genuinely want to help and not that it was merely their job. The grounds are beautifully kept and the interior touches of the rooms and and the Inn itself are so thoughtfully done that it was hard to fault much at all. And finally, the restaurant is simply great. My wife and I ended up dining there both nights of our stay because there were too many things we regretted missing on the first night. The Inn at Willow Grove is a place I hope to get back to often and have my expectations exceeded again and again.

Culpeper, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

The warm hospitality, superior service, and amazing atmosphere at the Inn at Willow Grove provided for an unforgettable wedding weekend. Dave and Charlene (the owners) were very enjoyable to work with and accommodating with all of our needs. The food was absolutely delicious (pulled pork bbq, artisan breads and cheeses, beef tenderloin, roasted chicken, potato salad, and Napa cole slaw). The butler service was superior; from the coffee and pastries delivered to our cabin each morning to the turn down service with hot tea and cookies in the evening.
We highly recommend the Inn at Willow Grove in Orange, VA for anyone planning a wedding or large event.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Butler's Cottage. The family room makes this room very accommodating for group...
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

My husband and I made our first visit to the Inn in the middle of September. The Inn was highly recommended by my sister who had stayed there before and we were not disappointed. The Inn has been beautifully restored and furnished as are all the other buildings on the property. The Inn keepers have thought of everything to make your stay special from the comfortable bedding to heated floors and towel bars. The staff members are extremely friendly and provided top notch service. We had dinner one evening in the Inn and the meal was wonderful as was the service. We spent a day visiting the local sites. There is a lot to see and we should have spent more time. We will definitely be back to the Inn and will stay a little longer next time.

Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

My wife and I were married at the Inn at Willow Grove 11 years ago. We had a beautiful and memorable outdoor wedding in an idyllic setting with wonderful food. But we both agreed we probably wouldn't return until a new owner bought the place and fixed it up, as well as put the love and attention into it that would match the exceedingly gorgeous grounds and buildings themselves.

Finally, someone has. With an absolutely stunning renovation of all of the grounds and room/cottages, this is the Inn that we've dreamed of staying at ever since our wedding. We loved our stay so much, we were trying to figure out how to get the entire family back together so everyone could see the changes and updates!

Dinner was excellent, and the breakfast was even better. But the real treat is the rooms. We stayed in the Butler's Cottage. Completely renovated with warmed marble floors in the bathroom, warmed towel holders, exposed brick, tall ceilings, comfortable and lavish decorating, this cottage will be our go-to location for each anniversary. And the thoughtful butler service was a great touch – cupcakes and tea in the evening and the most incredible beignets and excellent French press coffee in the morning!

Having been married there, we have a special attachment to the Inn at Willow Grove. But we also have very high expectations. Some would even call us "high maintenance"! And the new Inn has certainly made us believers. Our only hope is that they never stray from the exceptional service and upkeep of the surroundings that caused the steady decline with the previous owner. Good luck!

Room Tip: Butler's Cottage was quiet and private, but also the most expensive. Well worth it.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

This was my second trip to The Inn At Willow Grove in only a few short months, and I found myself once again captivated by the beauty and tranquility of this place from the moment we arrived. I first visited The Inn in June 2011 and had such an incredible time that we decided to book a family trip to celebrate my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. We had such a wonderful time! My parents were so thrilled! We reserved 3 suites, the Tenant Upstairs, the Tenant House, and the School House. Each suite was so absolutely enchanting (I could just stay forever), exquisitely decorated with an attention to detail that compares to none I've seen before. We had our first meal in a private room in The Vintage Restaurant the evening we arrived. The food was absolutely incredible and the wine selection, superb. The service was flawless our entire stay. The butlers, wait staff, housekeeping, bartender, and sommelier went above and beyond to make sure our stay was incredible and my parents' anniversary one they wouldn't soon forget. Thank you! I know The Inn At Willow Grove will always be a favorite place for me! I will certainly be back again and again!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong! All of the rooms are FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!
Locust Grove, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

My wife and I took our son Scott there to celebrate his new job. This was his first visit our 4th.
We had braged about the INN to him for some time. All he wants to know is when can we go back. Scott loved everything about the INN. By the way the service and food was excellent. This INN is the best thing that has happen in Orange County, VA in a long time. George and Betty Wathen/ Lake of the woods

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Inn at Willow Grove? Share your experiences!