“Terrible!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #72 of 162 restaurants in Penrith
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Australian
“Terrible!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I had a Cudo voucher for this restaurant. So my partner and i thought we'd go for dinner on a Friday night to try it out as we'd heard mixed reviews. It was TERRIBLE!!!
Walking into the restaurant it was like stepping back into the 80's! Very dated!!!
The service was terrible with the waitress not knowing basic meals on the menu.
The meals arrive and i ordered a steak which i wanted medium rare... it came out well done and with was garnished with fresh fruit?!?!?
My partner ordered the steak with the Lobster. Both his steak and lobster were tiny. And the lobster had no flavour at all!! For $55, a total rip off!!!
I was so disappointed!!! Will never go back and there again and will never reccommend The White Swan!!!

• Visited January 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

36% Recommend
Sydney, Australia
“Nice Food but small servings and overpriced.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

The service here was not very good, they couldn't find our reservation, because they hadn't turned the page from the previous day yet. Once we were seated they handed us our menu's and the wine list, explaining that the wine list was outdated and if we wanted something they would see what was close to matching (huh)? They then gave us around 1 minute to look at the menu and then came back for our order. After asking for more time, we then couldn't get them to come back and take our order, it was getting a bit ridiculous. Finally ordered then had the longest wait for our meals, surprising seeing as they were not at all busy. Not unusually we were ripped off for the wine, the closest match they had to the wine we ordered was a brand I knew well and could purchase at any bottle shop for @$6.00 and they charged $26.00. When the meals came we all looked at them & said "Where's the rest"? Smallest piece of Salmon I have ever been served, and only on a piece of toast too. On the plus side it was very nice. Did not want to bother waiting around for an overpriced dessert that would probably disappoint as well and went elsewhere to get it. Save your money and go somewhere else.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney
“Worst Meal I've had in my life”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

The steak was raw sent it back came back raw again, told them the second time I didn't want it. The waitress had a stain on her grubby white shirt. I have never sent a meal back in my life but this is the worst meal I've been served up in my life. They eventually said we will not charge you for the steak. I said that is good because there was no way I was going to pay. I live in Penrith so I've told all my friends and family of this dreadful experience. I had been to the restaurant before but not for about 2 years. When I went to the White Swan two years ago the meal wasn't to bad. It was disgusting this time and I will never go there again.

Brisbane
“good service. Food needs a little more attention”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2008

service was good. Had live entertainment which I think was the owner. Steak was a little tough and a bit too rare.

Restaurant a little hard to find.

Overall the experience was pleasant.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“beautiful, very quiet great service a little pricey but nice for special occassions or dates.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2008