“Pathetic, never again!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Pathetic, never again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Booked Valentino's for my daughter's 21st for 25 people, biggest mistake I ever made, problems literally from start to finish.The table that was requested a month prior was booked to someone else,& the table we were given was not long enough for the numbers so we were all crammed in like sardines, even sitting at both ends! When I requested another table, I was told they simply 'couldn't find one"! I chose a platter at $38 per person, having been assured there would be "plenty" of food. The servings were pathetic in size & we were given one plate each which was supposed to be used for all 3 courses, & when I dared to request clean ones, the rude waitress rolled her eyes before finally bringing some. The water jugs were brought to one end of the table only & 3 requests later we got some more. One entree never arrived at all & then, to top the night off, the same RUDE waitress brought my Daughter's 21st cake out, candles lit without even consulting me or waiting to be asked. Noone had time to get their camera's ready & we were so crammed in, could barely get out of our seats to get near her. (I am not exaggerating, believe me!) I was actually embarrassed to have booked that restaurant & so disappointed for my daughter. The waitress was rude the entire night & I have no idea how she is still working there. When I rang the next day to complain to the owner, he made lame excuses & wasn't the least bit bothered by our rotten experience. Will never set foot in there again, & am telling other's not to as well.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Penrith, New South Wales, Australia
“Never eating here again !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

i ate here on Saturday night 15th.
I order entree and was surprised how small it was for the price! then ordered main all 4 of us ordered pasta which i think is one of the quickest meals to cook! after waiting 1hour and 45mins i then started to get annoyed and very hungry!
I asked where our mains where and they simply did not care and still waited another 10 mins until i got a answer !
I think they forgot to put our order through to the kitchen! after waiting over 2 hours we finally got our pasta and i was disgusted on the size of it ! they were tiny and there was probably 2 small handfuls of pasta for $18 is a joke (i had to go home and cook more food for my partner as he was still hungry !) !!! and i got fettucine pollo which is a creamy pasta and it had no taste at all ! Then we ordered desert because the nutella waffles sounded amazing and guess what they had no strawberries to go with it and didn't even try to do anything about it or say sorry service was terrible here !
I will never be going back there and i will be telling everyone about my experience here too!

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Pathetic”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Girlfriend was here for a bday dinner. My review is on her behalf.
Waited 2 hours to eat. Explanation was another group was 90mins late but was still served first. Funnily enough my gf's group was on time and had to wait 2 hours thanks to this, but hey...
I had to laugh at her account, my gf complained and was told "sorry love, but everyone's in the same boat". Also using irrelevant information to argue, ie "we didn't have a problem last night". Really?
They refused a discount and apology, and to top it the food was terrible. A pasta with a few prawns and no sauce, the oiliest parmigiana I've ever heard of (she used serviettes to soak up oil from the top of the parmigiana) and uncooked fries.
Sounds like a wonderful place!

Springwood
“Insufficient food poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Select the restaurant for a Xmas party, was advised we would be best for everyone if we elected to have the buffet. We chose the $48 buffet. The salad was bought out dinner plates, perhaps enough for two on each. There were four plates for 23 people, most got only two our three leaves the lucky ones scoring an olive or piece of tomato. There were 6 dinner plates of pasta for our 23 people four given to nine people and 2 for the remaining 16 we had to battle to get water in the
table all night the service what there was if it was slow everyone went home hungry food was mediocre in quality. I Have never written a review before but this was so bad I had too. Was not good at all

Visited December 2013
Glenmore Park, Australia
“Nice food, poor costumer service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Valentinos Penrith has lovely food, and it was a friendly and welcoming environment when first arriving, but that was quickly ruined by the staff, one staff member in particular. The waitress was rude when answering a simply question, replying with a snide remark, and then proceeded to stare at my group all night, making me in particular very uncomfortable. The other staff were polite, but could be a little more enthusiastic and friendly. I would return to Valentinos, although it would be preferred if they mentioned staff member weren't rostered on.

• Visited December 2013