“Adequate for an overnight stay” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Kimball
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Adequate for an overnight stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The hotel was fine but I was concerned about the number of workers staying here and smoking and drinking outside the rooms. They were not too noisy and left early. They did not have a business center to use but did have the now standard free WiFI. AC was noisy. Breakfast was standard motel faire. Less expansive than downtown but still close to Lookout mtn.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
KimballSuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Kimball, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us and reviewing us regarding your stay. We’re sorry if the other customers had bothered your in any way. We had a group staying with us during construction in town. We certainly appreciate your comments. Compliments definitely encourage our staff to work even more hard. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We would definitely like to see you again and have you enjoy your stay with us on your next trip. Please know if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 423-837-7185.

Mike Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have stayed at this property four separate times now, with a different king bed room each time. So far, two were nice and clean. One had some damp carpet near the bed (probably water from wet shoes that wasn't dried out properly), and one had some water damage on the wall near the toilet. The rooms are large and comfortable. Overall, not bad considering the price paid, relative to the competition. The clerk even offered a discount (AAA) that I hadn't even asked for. The breakfast is nothing spectacular, but it's usually well stocked and it's free. I would continue to stay here.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for staying with us and reviewing us regarding your stay. We certainly appreciate your comments. Compliments definitely encourage our staff to work even more hard.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

This super8 included everything I needed and nothing I did not. Clean affordable room with microwave and fridge. Excellent breakfast with eggs and waffles. Would have like some fresh fruit, too, but there was juice. Great place to recharge en route.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Hendersonville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Great place to stay. Very convenient to I-24, restaurants, shopping (don't tell my boss) and natural beauty. There are a number of natural attractions very close you can visit.

Also, the Housekeeping staff was/is exceptional. Very comfortable bed and room.

I will stay again.

Room Tip: Choose a room to the right of the front desk. That way you don't hear the Interstate.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

It was our last night on vacation, and all we wanted was a good night's sleep. But we got more than that. The room was clean and comfortable, and the variety of television stations was amazing- very important when traveling with grandkids. The pool was deeper than most, up to 8', great for adults, and plenty of tables and chairs in the pool area. Breakfast was better than many of the other higher priced hotels we staying in...waffles, scrambled eggs, etc. It is on a busy road, but the back was quiet, and restaurants were easy to find. It was a good value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
We're glad we were just the right choice for you. Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review us regarding your stay at our hotel. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Please know if i can be if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 423-837-7185.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We got in very late and could not find any vacancies at the other chain hotels. Super 8 would not be a choice for me except as a last resort. However, we were pleasantly surprised. It was very clean and the breakfast was nearly as good as a Hampton or Holiday Inn Express, for a lot less money.

Room Tip: Since the hotel is right on the highway, the best rooms are on the back side.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
KimballSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Kimball, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our hotel on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at our hotel.

Please know that we will continue to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Again, thank you and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 423-837-7185.

Samir Patel
Manager
Super 8 Kimball, TN
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I Have Stayed at this location many times over the years, mostly for work. This time I had my family with me and the experience was just as good as any other time The pool was clean, The rooms were clean and nice. The air conditioner worked very well as this day was over 100 degrees.The staff was excellent as always. I mean always. The breakfast was very good with scrambled eggs, biscuts and gravy, waffles, cereal and assorted breads and muffins.There are plenty of restaurants across the street and a Walmart also. My only regret is that we could only spend one night here. The staff is really that great. Thanks.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Again, thank you and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me at 423-837-7185.

Samir Patel
Manager
Super 8 Kimball, TN

Been to Super 8 Kimball? Share your experiences!