“clean bargain hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Kimball
kentucky
“clean bargain hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Clean is the best thing I can say about this hotel. The price was is the 50,s but I did not find that out till I got here and had used my Wyndham points. I was charged 14,000 points, so I was expecting alot more than I got. The rooms need updating, the Super 8 is on a busy road with the rooms less than 50 feet from the traffic, and the hairdryer stopped in the middle of drying my hair, If you want a bargain, clean place to stay, this is okay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
KimballSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Kimball, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our hotel on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We will continue to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Again, thank you and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 423-837-7185.

Samir Patel
Manager
Super 8 Kimball, TN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011 via mobile

It was good staying there, staff was Indian n extremely friendly n nice. Good breakfast with the price n nicest place in town

• Stayed July 2011
KimballSuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Kimball, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review us regarding your stay at our hotel. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Please know if i can be if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 423-837-7185.

Mass
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

This is a nice hotel in the middle of a ghetto area. The staff was nice, the rooms were clean, and we had no overall problems with this hotel. For a cheap place to stay between Atlanta and Memphis it's not bad. The Russell Cave National Monument is about 20 minutes away if you have some time to kill.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

we stayed here on our way through Tennessee and i must say i am impressed. not only was it pet friendly but the rooms where clean and everything smelled fresh. would differently stay here again

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Florence,AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

I have stayed here on a couple of occasions while working close by. I read the reviews and thought I would try the hotel. Each room I had was nice,large and comfortable. It might not be the Ritz Carlton but for the price it is just fine. The people at the desk were cordial. The rooms have doors on the outside (vs an indoor corridor) and some people might not find it as secure. For me it makes it easier to unload and take your luggage in without going through the front door. There is no elavator so if you are on the 2nd floor you will have to walk up stairs. I picked up the wifi fine and was free. The breakfast was ok and included powdered eggs and a Belgian waffle. Nothing fancy but had OJ and cereal which was all I really needed.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
KimballSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Kimball, responded to this review, October 15, 2012

Lavonia, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

It's hard to find a pet-friendly hotel, but Super 8 (many of them) seem to welcome pets (for a small fee). If you are not looking for a luxury motel, this is a good place to overnight. We stayed here twice within 2 wks. The dog-walking area is very sparce in the back of the motel, but workable. There is a large gravel parking area on one end of the motel and a grass area on the other. Choose a room on the back side as there is no grass on the front side. The back side of the motel has a small grass area next to a steep, upwardly vertical cliff. But, my dog did just fine. The front side of the motel could have a lot of street noise. The breakfast is standard fare, including waffles & eggs. The eating area is cramped at the food-prep counter because tables are too close. Our room was clean and in good repair for an older motel. There is a small shopping center with a couple of blocks that has a good Mexican restaurant and a very good Chinese Buffet restaurant. Several fast-food restaurants nearby.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

We stayed here on our way home from Kansas City to FL. It is easy to find, right off I-24.
I thought it would be an indoor corridore hotel, so I was a little disappointed, but it was overall a nice place.

The rooms were clean and average, a little old you could tell, but sufficient.
The room was alittle damp; the towels felt damp, and when we woke up in the morning, my clothes I had left out felt the same.

The air conditioning was loud in our room, but not enough to effect our sleeping. When we turned off the air, we could hear the traffic from the road, so we decided to just leave it on during the night.

The staff was friendly and helpful, although upon checkout the woman at the front desk was on the phone and wasn't as friendly as the staff we had previously experienced. She didn't really acknowledge us, did not apologize for being on the phone, didn't smile, just kept talking with a straight face while checking us out, not even talking to us.

Breakfast was good for the price we paid for the hotel. Waffles, toast, mini-muffins, Cereal, coffee, juice, eggs, buscuits and gravy. The gravy really wasn't that great, almost tasted canned. But the breakfast overall was nice and filling.

It was overall a good place to stay and we got a nice rest on our way home.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Mike Patel

Been to Super 8 Kimball? Share your experiences!