“Great teacher and a lot of fun!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of In2Scuba Diving Maui Dive Co.

In2Scuba Diving Maui Dive Co.
65 Ala Hoku Pl., Lahaina, Ka'anapali, Maui, HI
+1 808-264-8198
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 13 things to do in Ka'anapali
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: In2Scuba Diving Maui Dive Co. Specializing in Introductory Diver Courses For beginners. Scuba Diving in Kaanapali, Lahaina, Maui. Small Groups, VERY Personalized Service! Scuba Lessons for first time Non-Certified Divers. Guided Dive Tours For Certified Divers. PADI Open Water Certifications through Divemaster. Underwater Photography For Memories Of Your Dive Experiences. Located in Kaanapali just 5 minutes North of Lahaina, Maui.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Gilroy, California
“Great teacher and a lot of fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Ty Burnet owner of In2Scuba was fantastic. He helped both my wife and I through our certification and we all had a lot of fun along the way. I would recommend Ty to anyone and we plan to make diving with him a regular part of our Maui trips!

Visited July 2013
kikobird, Owner at In2Scuba Diving Maui Dive Co., responded to this review, March 5, 2014
So glad to hear you guy's enjoyed your diving. It will be a pleasure to take you out on some more dives when you return.

Mahalo

Tucson, AZ
14 attraction reviews
“Great Dives!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is my second review of Ty Burnet / In2Scuba. My wife and I just completed our certification dives with him last week. I sent him a personal email letting him know that without him, we would not now be certified divers. After a bad snuba experience last February, we went to Ty for a "try scuba" course. He was patient with my wife and finally got her comfortable under water. That made her want to go through with the entire process. We finished everything here in Tucson and went to Ty for the final certification dives and it went seamlessly. Then we did our first dive with him later for our first dive as certified divers. I cannot say enough about Ty. He cares about what you care about. He wants you to succeed and be safe - those are his priorities. On our last dive we went with two other gentlemen. One guy had both fins break at the very beginning. Instead of canceling or making him stay behind, Ty took the effort to keep the guy with us (often towing him) and we all still had a great dive. He knows the best spots, lets you sleep in instead of meeting a boat at 6am, etc. If you want a boat dive he will recommend someone, but for a beach/shore dive, you would be wasting you time and money on any other dive leader. Go with In2Scuba and you will not be sorry.

Visited September 2013
Thank you for writing a great review! I hope we can meet up next time around and do some dives in some other locations. I hope you two are doing good.

Many Mahalos

4 attraction reviews
“Best Dive Guide in Maui”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We contacted Ty at the last minute to book a trip and he accommodated us with no problem. We dove at Black Rock and he was outstanding. We saw beautiful coral as well as lots of fish. There were a variety of species including eels and eagle rays. For an exceptional value contact Ty @in2scuba@gmail.com

Visited September 2013
kikobird, Owner at In2Scuba Diving Maui Dive Co., responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thanks for the review Sid.

Well, did I have a little story to tell after that dive. That was a first time for me seeing a divers fins break in half both at same time. Towing you through the dive was my pleasure LOL.

That was my workout for the week

Hope you buy some nice NEW fins to replace them

London, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent personal instruction for open water certification”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I brought my 15 yo son to Maui to go scuba diving for the first time and to get his open water certification. I am kind of a stickler about safety and learning good habits from the start. I wanted to avoid the big dive shops with their factory method of vacation dive instruction. For me, having fun starts with being safe and comfortable in the water and knowing what you are doing so you can relax. I founf Ty through trip advisor and based on his reviews I gave him a call.

I told him I wanted to cert my son and also do some fun day dives and a night dive. I told him what Iw as looking for as far as instruction and experience and he worked up a schedule and package that worked with our overall vacation schedule.

He was on-time, had great equipment did a fantastic job of making the learning part of our dive trip fun and memorable. My son did his book work before we left home and on the first day we did our pool work and intro fun dive in a shallow sandy beach. It was great to be able to take pictures and video of my son learning in an ocean environment. Ty is really knowledgeable but also very laid back which instantly made my son feel comfortable taking instruction from him, and also put me at ease so that I could just watch and capture them on camera.

I was very happy with my our 7 dives with Ty and will definitely call him up again should we return to Maui.

Visited August 2013
kikobird, Owner at In2Scuba Diving Maui Dive Co., responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thanks a ton for choosing us and taking the time to review. It was a pleasure working with you two. Nice shots of the Shark and Frog fish. Thanks for sharing them.

Would like to hear about your progress towards divemaster

Ty
“Most amazing and rewarding first experience scuba diving!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I wanted to try scuba diving on our honeymoon in Hawaii so I saw reviews for this place and decided to try it out. Ty was an amazing teacher. We felt so comfortable from the beginning even though we were nervous. He took us on a great tour and made us fall in love with scuba diving! We thought about canceling our excursion for tomorrow to go back and scuba dive again! Ty is a great teacher and makes you feel extreme safe at all times (even when you get scared and want to come up out of the water!) thanks Ty for a great morning. Best experience so far in Hawaii!

Visited August 2013
kikobird, Owner at In2Scuba Diving Maui Dive Co., responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Hi guy's,

Thanks for your review! Sometimes you get that once in a lifetime dive. You guy's got one on your first EVER dive. The only thing we did not see was a Monk Seal. We had the White Tip Reef Shark, Turtle, Frog Fish, Spotted Eagle Rays. On just one dive... That IS a very rare occurrence. Thanks for coming out. And again, congrats on your Marriage