“If you like...” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Onley
Onancock, Virginia
“If you like...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

If you like a room that smells heavily of beer vomit and old smoke, if you like the plumbing broken, if you like a rug that is larded with filth, if you like navy polyester knit bedsheets and plastic matress pads - you are going to love Shore Lodge. We had paid for a week, non returnable, and left after one night. And happy to be gone. For $11 more, you can go half mile north to the very normal and clean Quality Inn. Run!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank vwp

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I have been to this hotel and I must say the people who work there are very friendly and very helpful..The rooms are very clean...I just saw the review from someone in 2007, new managers are running the place now, I would recommend this place to my friends and family, very reasonable rates too..The best thing is they accept pets, and I must say my pets are my family so where I go they go....Enjoyed my stay there!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Mary F
berlin,md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I needed a room for 3 nights and found this place to be very nice,the owners explained that they had just recently took over the place and in the past it had some rumors about the place being not very nice,the room was very clean and had everything i needed and even though they were just about booked up its was very quite and clean and was always someone in the office,i locked myself out twice and there was always someone there to let me in and they didnt even charge me for it,i saw the review from 2007 and this is def not the same place i would recommend this place to anyone who doesnt want to over pay for a chain hotel room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank chris t
Zurich, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2007

We would have been better off to keep on driving.... We got caught in a storm during our drive down from NY to the Outer Banks and needed a place to stay, which also accepted dogs. Several other motels/hotels we stopped at would not accept the dog, so when this place said yes we were very happy. The room was not even fit for our dog though. It was incredibly filthy and run down. We slept in our clothes and put sweatshirts over the pillows because of the filth on the bedding. The lock on the door did not work and therefore I was very happy our dog was with us. The other guests were very loud and through the paper thin walls we had to hear cussing and screaming until about 3am in the morning. Upon check out the next morning I informed the manager on duty and he did not make any notion that he wanted to correct the situation - as if this was normal. For the price - $71.40 plus $10 for a dog - this was a horrible and expensive experience . Not reccommended.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank nicomom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Onley
Hampton Inn & Suites Exmore - Eastern Shore
Garden and the Sea B&B Inn
Garden and the Sea B&B Inn
#1 of 1 in New Church
5.0 of 5 stars 261 reviews

Been to Shore Lodge? Share your experiences!