“Thank you!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Onley

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Onley to your Saves list
Days Inn Onley
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   25297 Lankford Hwy., Onley, VA 23418 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Onley
Merry Hill, North Carolina
“Thank you!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

After driving almost 12 hrs from Maine and stopping at 3 other hotels along the way, We were more than grateful to hear that there was one room still available that fit our needs at the Quality Inn at Onley, VA. Yay! I didn't find this hotel reprehensible in any way. The night employee that checked us in at 2:45 am was very polite, accommodating and efficient. The room had two full size beds... Just enough for our family of four. Beds were comfy - - - Extra squishy pillows so we each had two and all was well! There was a refrigerator and coffee maker, but no microwave. The TV was an updated flat screen. WiFi is also available. Room was clean and AC worked great. Breakfast was included and served until 9:30. I had some homemade waffles and fresh fruit. The hot water carafe was empty and the "Indian manager" that someone else referred to in an earlier review, was very pleasant. He told me they had a hot water dispenser around the corner that always had hot water. Perfect. Check-out was quick and easy. If I had to complain, the only thing we needed were some extra towels since the room only had enough for two and we were missing some of the complimentary travel-size hygienic condiments. We also had a room in the back near the pool which was a little loud when the families started arriving early in the morning. Also note: the pool area was clean and the water clear and inviting.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Wind Gap, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My mom and I took a trip to Accomac, VA for my job interview and the people giving me the interview told me to stay at the Quality inn in Onley, VA. Man was the room the man at the front desk give a bomb! It smelled putrid and was not clean. I found crumbs and an old cup under my bed. Not to mention there was mold in the bathroom!!! My mom told him the next morning and the man at the desk had no sympathy. He was nice when we first met him but I think it was rude of him not to care about the mold in one of the rooms!! It smelled bad and the laminate in the bathroom was lifting up!! I'm sorry but that screams mold to me!! I would not stay here again because there is a way nicer and newer Hampton Inn down the road in Exmore and that was a wonderful hotel!!!

Room Tip: When you register with the desk for a room just make sure you check the room out for mold and cleanl...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We spent the night here on our way up the east coast. This is a motel style hotel, all rooms are outside and many form a courtyard around the ill maintained outdoor pool. The pool had a used swim diaper and other garbage strewn about it. When I spoke with the "manager" (all of their last names are not posted on the management sign) on duty she said that she thought the maintenance folks had already done that. She eventually had someone clean it up.

We needed a rollaway bed but they failed to provide sheets and a pillow. I asked them for it, and the manager showed up at 10PM with everything except a pillowcase she said they were fresh out of.

The breakfast isn't as good as what is available at their competitors. Protein was limited to hard boiled eggs and sausage gravy.

The room was bug infested as was the hotel lobby. The hotel and its rooms are going downhill soon and the whole staff feels inexperienced. Avoid this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Roanoke, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The front desk folk were nice and helpful but the Indian manager was obnoxious! On our first night, we were getting bit by mosquitos. I cut the lights off and shone a flashlight around the room only to find hundreds of mosquitos on the ceiling and walls. I went to the front desk where the Indian manager gave me a can of flying insect spray and told me not to leave our door open. I explained we had never left the door open and he kept arguing with me saying that was the only way they'd get in the room. After bombing our room with spray, we managed to sleep through the night despite wondering if we'd ever awake (the fumes were horrible!). The next morning , I asked them to ask the housekeepers to please keep the door closed during room service and that seemed to do the trick as we only had a few mosquitos that night. Other negatives... the bathroom smelled of mildew (the shower head was covered with it!) , the ceiling was covered in dust balls hanging by a string, the volume of the TV was barely audible and the pool looked like it was full of brackish swamp water. I won't even get into the details of being told the didn't accept traveler's checks upon arrival. Positives? The sausage gravy offered at breakfast wasn't too bad and the older white-haired gentleman working the front desk did everything he could do help us out despite the Indian management.

Room Tip: Keep on driving!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

It is low structure on the highway 13. It is a "motel style" hotel with exits directly to the grounds.

The hotel and rooms are a bit tarnished by time. Something heavy had hit our tub and made a scar on the enamel. There is no password for Internet, a problem that gives pedophiles easy access.

There is no microwave in the room, but there is one in the reception area. There is a big sign on it: Do not put eggs in the microwave! Are there anyone that stupid?

The bedlinen had a faith odor of chloride and the towels outright reeked from chloride. You will hear the neighbor take the morning shower, and to step outside into the fresh air was a joy. In the bathroom/WC there is only one switch that starts both the exhaust fan and the light. A bit noisy at nighttime if you have to get up. The toilette bowl was filthy under the rim, - a real heaven for bacteria. Careful so they don't jump up and bite your behind! There is however a pilot-light under the hairdryer to the WC, smart at night. The shower-head was high on the wall. Nice for someone over 6 ft.

There is an exercise room, but was no water in the water cooler. There was one towel and to look at the Telly, - you will have to look at it through the mirror in front of you. There are mirrors all around which of course make the room appear larger. Our room key had to be reprogrammed to give access to the exercise room. The equipment was probably installed at the time of the dinosaurs. It even sounded from time to time like a newborn brontosaurus.

There is a pool in the inner courtyard, but at our visit it was covered with a tarp. The Ice-vending machine did not work. Maybe they turn it off for a chilly day? The reception and the breakfast room is the same, and not exactly intimate but OK. There was one brand of jelly, juice had to be fetched, no cheese and no ketchup. The garbage bin was stuffed and items fell to the floor. If you like a nice breakfast, you should probably look elsewhere. What was good? The people at the reception desk, - welcoming and also accommodating, - when asked!

We usually stay with the Choice hotels in the US, except in the larger cities where often chose a more expensive brand. Choice sends an e-mail advise on your coming stay. Not so with this hotel in Onley. Where the fault lies, - I haven't a clue?

I have used a catching heading in this review. That is to catch readers, but beware , -there is nothing catchy with a stay at this hotel. It is not awful, but it certainly does not deserve the brand-name "Quality". This "hotel" could easily aspire to become the first in the new Choice brand; "Motels".

Room Tip: There may be good rooms, but certainly not ours.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Onancock, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had to stay a number of days in this area. After the total disaster of the Shore Lodge, I was very happy to find the Quality Inn right down the street. It is a perfectly normal motel, kind of cute brick building around a seasonal pool. Clean enough, modest breakfast, near to restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed here
in the past 6 months. The gentlemen that runs
it is very friendly. His name is Mike. The
rooms are nicely maintained, with appropriate
furnishings, and very comfortable. The beds
are comfortable and the shower has a fabulous
shower head. The water pressure is awesome!
All of the staff are very friendly and welcoming!
I can't wait to stay again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Onley? Share your experiences!