“Great Breakfast and Lunch spot” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Marco Island, Florida
“Great Breakfast and Lunch spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Just had a great Brunch at Wilma's, though Balboa is a clear Tourist spot this days, the mix of people is local and tourist this creates a very nice atmosphere. All the staff is very friendly and the food is great with nice different own creations.
You will not be disappointed!!
Visited May 18, 2013.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Eureka, California
“Not fussy but lots of fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I took my group of seniors to Balboa Island for a day of fun on the ferry, lunch and shopping! We were going to first eat lunch at a cafe nar the ferry. Unfortunately, they were closed (at the last minute) for remodeling. Our next plan, ride the ferry first and then hit fun Marine Ave for food and shopping (tons of both). I called Wilma's to see if they could accommodate our group. No problem! Lunch turned out great. We were seated in back, enclosed patio. Two waiters (that were still working other tables) came in and quickly took over. Drinks right away, crackers to munch on, and then took all of the orders. Our group loved the cod fish & chips, 1/2 sandwich and soups and especially the salads. The crazy salad is full of meat, cheese and fresh greens. For the Island, the prices were very reasonable with generous portions. Many shared so that they would have room for a yummy Balboa tradition...a frozen banana! Thanks Wilma's for a fun outing!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
monmouth, south wales. UK
“FAB, just kept going back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed locally in the Hyatt Regency on Jamboree, and were told by a local that this place was good. They weren't wrong - Excellent food, extensive menu, Fabulous service. We went back every morning and on one night too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Long Beach, California
“Breakfast thumbs down, lunch thumbs up”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I had lunch here yesterday, and it was very good. I had something called The Feast, which is half a sandwich and your choice of soup or salad, for $8. I selected the Sailor Sandwich, which is roast beef and cheese on sourdough. The soup of the day was Italian wedding soup, and that was also quite tasty.

I returned this morning for breakfast, and that was a different story. I ordered the breakfast sandwich, for $7.75. I got scrambled egg beaters instead of scrambled eggs, which I was glad to see had no extra charge. My choice of cheese was cheddar, and the meat choices were ham, bacon, orcsausage. I assumed the sausage would come on the side. They actually put the two small sausage links into the sandwich, on a small English muffin. The sausage was not tasty, as I expected. Also, having them inside the sandwich made the whole thing difficult to hold onto. My waiter was very pleasant, but it took a long time for him to take my order, and after the I finished it took a long time for him to bring my check. The sandwich was bland, and the fresh fruit was not ripe enough to have much flavor.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Must try Restaurant-Fantastic Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This breakfast spot was amazing! We spent 2 of our 3 mornings here. The food was fresh, absolutely delicious and fast. We sampled many things on the menu and all were so great!

Visited March 2013