“Second stay--as good, maybe better than first!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites

You added Comfort Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   25380 North The Old Road, Stevenson Ranch, Santa Clarita, CA 91381   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Stevenson Ranch
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Second stay--as good, maybe better than first!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

If you are visiting Magic Mountain or just en route to and from California and on I5, check out this hotel! We stayed here last year and decided to stay again. It's very easy access on and off the I5 with many restaurants and services very nearby.
This time we were assigned a room facing the rear of the property. It was extremely comfortable, quiet and a quick walk to the self-serve breakfast room-with hot and cold entrees, fruits, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, coffees and decaf, etc.
The front desk staff is friendly and helpful. We'll stay again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Laraine,

Thank you so much for staying with us again this year. We are very glad that you decided to try our property again and I am very happy to hear that it worked out again for your stay! We very much appreciate the positive feedback regarding both the breakfast and our front desk staff and please know that I will be sure to share your comments with all of our team. I hope we'll see you again next year and that you have a fantastic new year.

Christopher J. Lynch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Victoria, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We found that this hotel surpassed our expectations for the price point. The rooms were spacious, clean, and modern. There were automatic lights in the bathroom, a microwave, fridge, and flat screen tv, as well as complimentary wifi and parking. We had a king sized bed and a sitting area with a couch. The hotel is far enough from I-5 so it is fairly quiet, but it is also walking distance to the many stores and restaurants along The Old Road. We thought this hotel was an excellent value, we would stay here again, and we plan on seeking out other Comfort Inns in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review of our property. I am very glad to hear that the hotel worked out for you on your trip out from B.C. We would absolutely love to have you back with us in the future and hope you will consider us again if you return out to the area. Thank you again!

Ferndale, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Smoke free room smelled like an ashtray. You can tell they tried to mask the smell with deodorant so it made it worse. The bathroom was dirty with mold on the ceiling and garbage still in the cans from last occupants. The rooms are spacious and the fold out bed was nice but the cleanliness ruined all of that. Good thing they had a breakfast (below avg.) to offset the room cost.There's got to be a better room out there. I talked to the front desk and he apologized, but no action was taken.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Christopher L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Mr. Smith,

Allow me to offer my personal apologies that the room did not meet your expectations. Our property is 100% Non-Smoking. Unfortunately, despite that being the case, some people will occasionally break the rules and smoke despite agreeing to a $150 fee if they do. Although it does not assist now, I truly wish you had reported the issues immediately to us and we would have very happily have moved you to another room. Please know that I have shared your review with our housekeeping staff and have personally spoken to the front desk clerk whom you spoke with in the morning. You have our apologies all around and I hope that you will give us an opportunity to provide you with a better experience on a future stay.

Bend, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

This hotel has issues. First, my son and I arrived on Saturday to go to Magic Mountain. When we arrived somewhat early, our room was surprisingly ready. 1 Point! Then, I went to use the guest computers to buy and print our amusement park passes. I waited because some friends thought they might join us, and we weren't sure until that morning. Anyway, one of the two computers was down. The second one that was "working" would let me get almost all the way through the process, then it would log me off. I tried 3 times before I gave up in disgust. The desk clerk was empathetic but unable to help. So, I spent $10 at the FedEx Kinkos down the road on something that should have been "free" at my +/-$100 a night hotel.

As I am starting to find is usual with these "hot" breakfasts, there is never sufficient seating for breakfast. This was no exception. All three mornings, we opted to eat elsewhere instead of waiting for a not-clean table.

On the second morning of our three night stay, we decided to sleep in until about 9 AM. Since it was only going to be 9 A, I didn't bother hanging the DND; this got us woke up to the housekeeper coming in just after 8 AM. Day 3, we slept in with no issues and no DND. Oh, did I forget to mention the long curly black hairs in my tub/shower?

The last issue was the TV. I don't like to watch commercial TV at all. I prefer Netflix, etc, so I bought a Google Chromecast to plug into hotel TVs. Well, you can't do that at THIS Comfort Suites. "Our Pay-Per-View vendor provides the TVs locked when we get them". I don't pay these kinds of rates to be held hostage. I've also stayed at dozens of properties all over and have never been locked out of using an external device on my hotel room TV.

So, if you are coming to Magic Mountain with kids and want to watch commercial free entertainment for less than $15 a show, plan to bring a tablet or laptop, etc. I for one will find another property to stay at when my son and i return in a few months to enjoy the 2013/2014 passes we bought. I know it won't be this property!

Room Tip: The West side rooms are away from the main road and freeway.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review with others regarding our property. Allow me to offer my apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay.

First and foremost, I have forwarded on your concerns regarding the business center to our service provider. It is inexcusable and I am hopeful that they will be able to address the specific issues that you have brought to our attention. I have also shared your concerns with our housekeeping staff so that improvements can be made on future stays.

Lastly, please know that with a five second unplugging of a cord we can very easily get around the television issue that you experienced. This unplugging would have made it so that you could use a chromecast or any other external device. I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide further feedback and let me know if you reported the issue to the front desk. This would assist us in determining whom you may have spoken with and should further training be necessary.

From top to bottom, I again offer my apologies. I greatly welcome and would value further feedback on how we can improve our service.

gm.ca508@choicehotels.com
Gedera, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Spacious rooms, well furnished, comfortable beds, thick towels, quiet, well situated in the north of LA, with ample (free) parking space, friendly staff --- what more can you expect? This is the place to stay if you're travelling north and wish to avoid the morning traffic.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Christopher L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your travel experience with others while having stayed at our property. We greatly appreciate the positive feedback. Please know that I have shared your comment with all of our staff at our most recent staff meeting and I am very glad to hear that the location worked out for you. It can most definitely save on that early morning traffic! Thank you again and we hope you will choose us on your next stay out to the area.

Sherman, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My family stayed hear for a Strange fire conference in Panorama city about 15 miles away. this place is very comfortable. The room was great and very big with a couch, refrigerator and micro.
the breakfast was filling with coffee available all day. Because of traveling to the conference we did not get to use the facility as we would have liked but what i could see we would have enjoyed them.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Christopher L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Paul,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel while here for your conference. We are glad that you stayed with us and hope that next time you can utilize more of the amenities while in town. We would love to have you back on your next trip out from Texas. Thank you so much for sharing your comment with others and we hope to see you again soon!

Green Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

On a Weekend Six Flags road trip - comfy queen beds with 4 pillows/bed plus seating area. Clean room. Hot breakfast lived up to it's name - but best to get downstairs early otherwise may be disappointed with crowd & lack of selection.

Front desk friendly & greeted us as "Choice Hotels Member" (I mean anyone can sign up to earn points, but nice touch). Asked which floor we'd like to be on. Prefer 3rd floor with no upstairs footsteps. Unfortunately the walls between the rooms are pretty thin - the room next door BLARED the TV until well past 9PM (much later & I'd complained to front desk) - and then let out some really LOUD belches in the morning (which were heard thru the wall!!) - REALLY?!?!

Located in "newer" residential area (LA sprawl north). Just a block off of I-5. Restaurants within walking distance (across the street) or a short drive away.

Five minutes from Six Flags - no need to get back on I-5. Good value for the $$. Would stay here again.

Dear Debbie,

Thank you very much for choosing our property for your weekend Arizona get-a-way. We very much appreciate you staying with us and greatly appreciate the positive feedback. Allow me to offer our apologies for the thin walls and the noisy neighbor. Overall though, I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future!

Christopher J. Lynch

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!