“Only stay here if its your only option” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia

You added Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   24940 West Pico Canyon Road, Stevenson Ranch, Santa Clarita, CA 91381   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Stevenson Ranch
San Jose, California
“Only stay here if its your only option”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I start my review with the caveat that I my 2.5mo at Extended Stay came right after I spent 3mo in the Residence Inn right around the corner. I changed locations since at the time the Extended Stay rate was ~30% cheaper. I would say that you get what you pay for, but for the 30% cheaper I expected that the general services would go down ~30%. Instead the services went down ~80% and the quality went down ~50%. To see where Residence Inn shined you can search for my review on them.

Here are the basics

PROS
-Friendly staff
-Good location - Although technically in Stevenson Ranch not Valencia
-Decent rates
-Good size rooms
-Weekly cleaning service
-Morning Snacks
-Are pet friendly (I didn’t have a pet with me, but the few dogs I saw were well behaved.)

CONS
-Weird smells in halls
-Very slow base internet (I rated it at 0.81 Mps download in my room). The paid $20 expanded internet was better, but still bad at ~3 Mps. The additional charge is also required for each device that you want the expanded service on (Although it doesn’t actually state it when you make the purchase or in the terms of service. I only found out after I tried to add additional devices.).
-Poor sound insulation. At least in my wing, some of the residents were pretty rowdy, in their rooms, in the hall, and outside.
-There’s no dishwasher and the sink is small. Technically large enough to clean a pan, but just barely, and you end up with a fair bit of water on the surrounding countertop.

-My unit had:
--Perpetually leaking shower. I had the maintenance person come fix it shortly after I moved in. It didn’t leak for a few days until the cleaning person came. After that I could never get it all the way off.
--No cover/stopper in bathroom sink, so you had to be careful about small objects near the sink.
--Cracked/chipped outlet covers (not a big deal, but they’re less than $2 to replace)
--Countertop surfaces that were in need of replacement. (They had been damaged and poorly repaired.)
--My refrigerator leaked all over the floor for the first 3 weeks. I spoke to the staff a few times about getting it fixed over that timeframe. In the end, one of the managers actually went and got a spare fridge and brought it up to my room. I appreciate that she did that service, but it sucks that the maintenance person hadn’t done it a couple weeks prior. Especially since the only reason that they didn’t get expensive water damage was because I kept the water at bay using traps and towels.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Spring break, a time to relax and make memories with friends. That's what I thought was gonna happen, until I decided to book 3 nights at this trashy hotel. Right of the bat, there is no room service and promises are broken. The front desk is supposed to provide pots and pans to cook with, but when we asked they were out. So later that night we found one in the hallway from a neighboring room. This is only one of the several problems we faced during our few nights there. We discovered that our trash would not be taken out, and had to leave the bags in the hallway. The sheets from the bed would slip off in the middle of the night, revealing the yellow stained mattress. They didn't provide hand soap, the handle to the bathroom door came of twice, and there were pears left in the fridge from a previous visitor. Not only does this place not have the expected luxuries of most hotels that charge over $100 a night, but there were inconveniences left and right. My favorite part about staying at this hotel was a spider crawling on my arm while I was relaxing the last morning of my stay. Probably one of the worst hotels I've been to and made the beginning of my spring break hard to enjoy.

• Stayed March 2015
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies for cleanliness and maintenance issues that occurred during your experience with us. To prevent this from happening again, we will be diligently checking rooms prior to arrivals. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future and see our improvement.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2015

We stayed here in a last minute decision with no vacancy in nearby hotels. The room was clean, bathroom was clean, nice large room with small kitchen area. Wasn't too impressed with small breakfast selection

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We appreciate the kind comments about the appearance and cleanliness of the room; however, we apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at val@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2015

What a dive this is a fifteen year old hotel that looks like it's never been touched. We stayed in two different rooms on a weekend and both were terrible. First room walk into a backed up kitchenette sink and yellow stains on the bed sheets. We waited thirty minutes for the desk person to address our problem, finally he brought some bedding that didn't fit and tried to unplug the sink with no luck. Thirty minutes later were watching tv when the plugged sink filled up with raw sewage and started over flowing onto the floor. We were trapped between the exit door and had to walk thru the slug. Second room. Bathroom sink was backed up and unable to unplug. Bed had no fitted sheets and during the night the bottom sheet would ball up and expose the mattress. The frig sounded like a crop duster. Bathroom sing knobs came off in your hand when using it. Every fixture was loose, broken or wore out. Oh and they allow dogs in every room. We spent thirty minutes wiping down the room with wipes before using. We asked for a price adjustment that fell on deaf ears. These rooms were $112 a night with tax times two nights. Cancelation insurance wood have been nice. Avoid this hotel.

• Stayed February 2015
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience staying in our hotel. I apologize that your room was not in working order and to ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, I have reviewed your comments with our staff and we are working diligently to make sure your experience is not repeated. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2015

Poorly maintained property-to put it mildly. everything was dirty, stained and/or thread bare. Closet shelf was broken and we had to repair it. Roomed reeked of rancid cooking smells. Surfaces were dirty-cupboards, handles, lt switches, frig (inside and out), stove vent and back splash were not cleaned of cooking oils/splatters, no drain covers in either sink. Dirt under rims of stove top and kitchenette sink. Hotel grounds neglected-dry, dying plants. Elevator not working for days. One night was too long. Go to La Quinta instead. We stayed there a month ago and it was soooo much better. they were sold out or that is where we would have been.

• Stayed December 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia, responded to this review, January 13, 2015
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that your room had such severe cleanliness and maintenance issues during your stay with us. I will be working diligently with our housekeeping staff to review our inspection standards to ensure that your experience is not repeated. As well, I do apologize that our elevator was out of service during your stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have been actively working to resolve this with my maintenance engineer to ensure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2015

We checked in around 9pm, which is the time I listed on the online reservation, and got to my room to find a kitchenette with no dishes of any kind. I needed to take some medication and there were no glasses/cups anywhere in the room. I had requested a ground room floor as my husband is handicapped. All were gone and the elevator was broken. I did mention this in my reservation request. Paid $115 and did not feel like it was worth it. Will not return or recommend to anyone.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I am so disappointed that we did not properly communicate our dish delivery service upon check-in. Please accept my apology. We do offer dishware and utensils upon request, and we will deliver them to your room. To prevent this from happening again, my team and I are going to discuss your feedback and utilize as a training tool to ensure that we are properly communicating our policies in the future. As well, I am so sorry that we were not able to provide you with a room on the first floor per your request. In response to your feedback, I am review our reservation procedures with our front desk staff to ensure that we are doing the best we can to accommodate such requests. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Santa Maria, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2014

Hotel is very run down and in need of updating. Elevator was broken and had to walk up 3 flights of stairs. No rooms were ready when we arrived at 5:00 pm. Hallway smelled of smoke. Bathroom faucet leaked. Abandoned car with smashed window in parking lot just outside of lobby. Not worth the price. Spend just $20 more and stay down the street at Comfort Suites.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia, responded to this review, January 8, 2015
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I sincerely apologize that our elevator was not working. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have had our maintenance engineer resolve this issue. As well, I am so sorry that the hallway had a smoke odor and that your bathroom faucet leaked. I will be working with my housekeeping staff to ensure that we are better eliminating odors and that we are inspecting rooms for any maintenance issues so that your experience is not repeated. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia? Share your experiences!