You added Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   24940 West Pico Canyon Road, Stevenson Ranch, Santa Clarita, CA 91381   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Stevenson Ranch
“Worst Stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Spring break, a time to relax and make memories with friends. That's what I thought was gonna happen, until I decided to book 3 nights at this trashy hotel. Right of the bat, there is no room service and promises are broken. The front desk is supposed to provide pots and pans to cook with, but when we asked they were out. So later that night we found one in the hallway from a neighboring room. This is only one of the several problems we faced during our few nights there. We discovered that our trash would not be taken out, and had to leave the bags in the hallway. The sheets from the bed would slip off in the middle of the night, revealing the yellow stained mattress. They didn't provide hand soap, the handle to the bathroom door came of twice, and there were pears left in the fridge from a previous visitor. Not only does this place not have the expected luxuries of most hotels that charge over $100 a night, but there were inconveniences left and right. My favorite part about staying at this hotel was a spider crawling on my arm while I was relaxing the last morning of my stay. Probably one of the worst hotels I've been to and made the beginning of my spring break hard to enjoy.

• Stayed March 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here in a last minute decision with no vacancy in nearby hotels. The room was clean, bathroom was clean, nice large room with small kitchen area. Wasn't too impressed with small breakfast selection

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a dive this is a fifteen year old hotel that looks like it's never been touched. We stayed in two different rooms on a weekend and both were terrible. First room walk into a backed up kitchenette sink and yellow stains on the bed sheets. We waited thirty minutes for the desk person to address our problem, finally he brought some bedding that didn't fit and tried to unplug the sink with no luck. Thirty minutes later were watching tv when the plugged sink filled up with raw sewage and started over flowing onto the floor. We were trapped between the exit door and had to walk thru the slug. Second room. Bathroom sink was backed up and unable to unplug. Bed had no fitted sheets and during the night the bottom sheet would ball up and expose the mattress. The frig sounded like a crop duster. Bathroom sing knobs came off in your hand when using it. Every fixture was loose, broken or wore out. Oh and they allow dogs in every room. We spent thirty minutes wiping down the room with wipes before using. We asked for a price adjustment that fell on deaf ears. These rooms were $112 a night with tax times two nights. Cancelation insurance wood have been nice. Avoid this hotel.

• Stayed February 2015
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience staying in our hotel. I apologize that your room was not in working order and to ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, I have reviewed your comments with our staff and we are working diligently to make sure your experience is not repeated. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2015

Poorly maintained property-to put it mildly. everything was dirty, stained and/or thread bare. Closet shelf was broken and we had to repair it. Roomed reeked of rancid cooking smells. Surfaces were dirty-cupboards, handles, lt switches, frig (inside and out), stove vent and back splash were not cleaned of cooking oils/splatters, no drain covers in either sink. Dirt under rims of stove top and kitchenette sink. Hotel grounds neglected-dry, dying plants. Elevator not working for days. One night was too long. Go to La Quinta instead. We stayed there a month ago and it was soooo much better. they were sold out or that is where we would have been.

• Stayed December 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia, responded to this review, January 13, 2015
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that your room had such severe cleanliness and maintenance issues during your stay with us. I will be working diligently with our housekeeping staff to review our inspection standards to ensure that your experience is not repeated. As well, I do apologize that our elevator was out of service during your stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have been actively working to resolve this with my maintenance engineer to ensure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2015

We checked in around 9pm, which is the time I listed on the online reservation, and got to my room to find a kitchenette with no dishes of any kind. I needed to take some medication and there were no glasses/cups anywhere in the room. I had requested a ground room floor as my husband is handicapped. All were gone and the elevator was broken. I did mention this in my reservation request. Paid $115 and did not feel like it was worth it. Will not return or recommend to anyone.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I am so disappointed that we did not properly communicate our dish delivery service upon check-in. Please accept my apology. We do offer dishware and utensils upon request, and we will deliver them to your room. To prevent this from happening again, my team and I are going to discuss your feedback and utilize as a training tool to ensure that we are properly communicating our policies in the future. As well, I am so sorry that we were not able to provide you with a room on the first floor per your request. In response to your feedback, I am review our reservation procedures with our front desk staff to ensure that we are doing the best we can to accommodate such requests. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Santa Maria, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2014

Hotel is very run down and in need of updating. Elevator was broken and had to walk up 3 flights of stairs. No rooms were ready when we arrived at 5:00 pm. Hallway smelled of smoke. Bathroom faucet leaked. Abandoned car with smashed window in parking lot just outside of lobby. Not worth the price. Spend just $20 more and stay down the street at Comfort Suites.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia, responded to this review, January 8, 2015
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I sincerely apologize that our elevator was not working. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have had our maintenance engineer resolve this issue. As well, I am so sorry that the hallway had a smoke odor and that your bathroom faucet leaked. I will be working with my housekeeping staff to ensure that we are better eliminating odors and that we are inspecting rooms for any maintenance issues so that your experience is not repeated. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Stevenson Ranch
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2014

Will NOT visit this place no more. Not a good place to recommend to friends for short vacation. You need to put a breakfast ROOM and not the go N get kind of food service. I found a stain in my bed sheet and it looks like a **** dried and gross!!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia, responded to this review, September 25, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so disheartened to read that your sheets had a stain. Please know that I will be working directly with my housekeeping staff to review our cleanliness and inspection procedures to ensure that your experience is not repeated. As well, I am sorry to read that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your feedback on this matter will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please contact me, at val@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia? Share your experiences!