“The worst hotel room ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia

You added Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   24940 West Pico Canyon Road, Stevenson Ranch, Santa Clarita, CA 91381   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Stevenson Ranch
“The worst hotel room ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Poorly maintained property-to put it mildly. everything was dirty, stained and/or thread bare. Closet shelf was broken and we had to repair it. Roomed reeked of rancid cooking smells. Surfaces were dirty-cupboards, handles, lt switches, frig (inside and out), stove vent and back splash were not cleaned of cooking oils/splatters, no drain covers in either sink. Dirt under rims of stove top and kitchenette sink. Hotel grounds neglected-dry, dying plants. Elevator not working for days. One night was too long. Go to La Quinta instead. We stayed there a month ago and it was soooo much better. they were sold out or that is where we would have been.

• Stayed December 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that your room had such severe cleanliness and maintenance issues during your stay with us. I will be working diligently with our housekeeping staff to review our inspection standards to ensure that your experience is not repeated. As well, I do apologize that our elevator was out of service during your stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have been actively working to resolve this with my maintenance engineer to ensure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We checked in around 9pm, which is the time I listed on the online reservation, and got to my room to find a kitchenette with no dishes of any kind. I needed to take some medication and there were no glasses/cups anywhere in the room. I had requested a ground room floor as my husband is handicapped. All were gone and the elevator was broken. I did mention this in my reservation request. Paid $115 and did not feel like it was worth it. Will not return or recommend to anyone.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I am so disappointed that we did not properly communicate our dish delivery service upon check-in. Please accept my apology. We do offer dishware and utensils upon request, and we will deliver them to your room. To prevent this from happening again, my team and I are going to discuss your feedback and utilize as a training tool to ensure that we are properly communicating our policies in the future. As well, I am so sorry that we were not able to provide you with a room on the first floor per your request. In response to your feedback, I am review our reservation procedures with our front desk staff to ensure that we are doing the best we can to accommodate such requests. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Santa Maria, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hotel is very run down and in need of updating. Elevator was broken and had to walk up 3 flights of stairs. No rooms were ready when we arrived at 5:00 pm. Hallway smelled of smoke. Bathroom faucet leaked. Abandoned car with smashed window in parking lot just outside of lobby. Not worth the price. Spend just $20 more and stay down the street at Comfort Suites.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I sincerely apologize that our elevator was not working. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have had our maintenance engineer resolve this issue. As well, I am so sorry that the hallway had a smoke odor and that your bathroom faucet leaked. I will be working with my housekeeping staff to ensure that we are better eliminating odors and that we are inspecting rooms for any maintenance issues so that your experience is not repeated. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Stevenson Ranch
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2014

Will NOT visit this place no more. Not a good place to recommend to friends for short vacation. You need to put a breakfast ROOM and not the go N get kind of food service. I found a stain in my bed sheet and it looks like a **** dried and gross!!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia, responded to this review, September 25, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so disheartened to read that your sheets had a stain. Please know that I will be working directly with my housekeeping staff to review our cleanliness and inspection procedures to ensure that your experience is not repeated. As well, I am sorry to read that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your feedback on this matter will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please contact me, at val@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

First and foremost I would like to commend Edna at the front desk for being very nice & doing her best to run the front desk.

That's there the review ends as far as positives. While being a big name hotelier, this location was very SLUM like once you stepped inside it's doors. The front desk was in huge disarray and at many times the front desk was manned by a solitary sign stating that the staff was away. Leaving the door open to the industrial laundry room behind the front desk was also disconcerting.

Scuffed walls when you first enter & dingy looking furniture definitely didn't feel welcoming at all.

Bed was comfortable at least but 3 very mushy pillows for two people, left for some room for comfort.

All in all, knowing what I know now, I will not likely stay here again if push comes to show and will gladly pay more at adjacent hotels like Comfort Inn, HoJo, et al.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Smoke reeking rooms, non functioning amenities, screwed up billing and apathetic staff. Manager should be fired. The lack of communication between staff caused us two days of headaches. Desk jockey just wanted me to leave even though the bill was wrong and I had to demand a manager. What a zoo.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

After staying at the Extended Stay for nearly 2 months I observed a lot of pros and cons.

PROS:
* Great location
* Affordable
* Pet friendly (pet owners pick up after your pets you lazy F***s! - you mess it up for responsible dog owners!!!)
* Laundry on site

CONS:
* No frills hotel
* The staff work really hard to accommodate an incredibly high volume of guests with little to no * support from their corporate offices.
* The have a couple really good cleaning ladies who I've seen work their butts off only to be treated poorly by their superiors.
* The Manager that was there when I was there was very kind and accommodating to me but I could see how people would think she was rude. The only comment I have is again, I don't see any support from their corporate offices which makes it nearly impossible to improve poor working conditions which result in these bad reviews.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia? Share your experiences!