“Great, no frills, pet friendly, affordable hotel in an excellent location!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Stevenson Ranch
Los Angeles, California
“Great, no frills, pet friendly, affordable hotel in an excellent location!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

After staying at the Extended Stay for nearly 2 months I observed a lot of pros and cons.

PROS:
* Great location
* Affordable
* Pet friendly (pet owners pick up after your pets you lazy F***s! - you mess it up for responsible dog owners!!!)
* Laundry on site

CONS:
* No frills hotel
* The staff work really hard to accommodate an incredibly high volume of guests with little to no * support from their corporate offices.
* The have a couple really good cleaning ladies who I've seen work their butts off only to be treated poorly by their superiors.
* The Manager that was there when I was there was very kind and accommodating to me but I could see how people would think she was rude. The only comment I have is again, I don't see any support from their corporate offices which makes it nearly impossible to improve poor working conditions which result in these bad reviews.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Latest reviews of this hotel are 100% accurate. The entire third floor reeks of cigarette smoke - to the point I had to hold my breathe walking down the halls. Garbage in the kitchen area of the room was completely full of food and beer bottles left over from the previous guests. Coffee maker had a used coffee packet inside - also from the previous guests. Shower faucet leaked all day and night.

If the cleaning staff isn't paying enough attention to take out the trash I can only image what else isn't being cleaned.

Will never stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia, responded to this review, 3 days ago
We received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We are so disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay. Please accept my apology. We will be working with our housekeeping staff on a new cleaning procedure to ensure that every room is meeting our standards.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly, at Val2@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We do hope that you will return to our hotel in the future so that we can provide you with a better experience.

Travelers are raving about these Stevenson Ranch hotels

Old Hickory, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I came to CA for my brother's wedding along with my parents, sister and nephew from AZ and the bride's mother and 3 grandsons from TX - a total of five rooms were booked. We knew that our expectation of a nice hotel in Valencia was inaccurate when we pulled up and saw the dead landscaping, and dog urine stains at the front entrance of the lobby. The front desk attendants were nice but it was obvious that one of them was new and being trained as we checked in at the dirty front desk. I got more concerned when I saw trash in the hallways and smelled the odor in the halls on my way to the first room they gave me, which smelled of fish odor! The next room was next door to a noisy family and the room that I ended up staying in had hair on the bed blanket, stains on the bed spread, stains on the floor, hair in the bath sink, hair in the shower, hair on the floor of the bathroom and black spots on the ceiling of the bathroom, which had no exhaust fan. The bathroom and refrigerator did not look clean and the water fixtures where rusty and old. My parents and friends rooms were also worn out with stains on counter tops, hair on blankets and a used washcloth in one of the bathrooms. I called the District manager within an hour of our arrival and explained the condition of the rooms, that we were here for a wedding and asked what they could do for us. She offered an apology and said that we could check out in the AM. That was it! I called other hotels in the area and looked on line but everything was out of our budgets and we didn't have time to change hotels since the wedding was Saturday - we felt trapped there!! When my sister and nephew arrived late in the PM, her room had alcohol, open bacon, milk and a plate of fried food in the unclean refrigerator, stains on the bedding, floor, bath room counter, dripping shower faucet, broken lamp, window curtains hanging by one screw, chewed gum on the wall and WET beds! I had to help her strip her bed at 11 PM and change her bedding which still stayed damp all night! I called Extended Stay America's guest services Sat. AM, they documented all of this and said the director of operations would call me. He NEVER did. I've called back after my trip. They are NOT returning calls and have made no effort to compensate us for the terrible experience we had at this place. This was so upsetting and almost ruined the trip for my brother's wedding! The attendants working there were nice and sympathedic to us but they said that they get no help from the management to improve anything. This place is a mess and nobody at Extended Stay America seems to care or want to do anything about it! DO NOT STAY HERE!! Me and my large extended family will NEVER stay at an Extended Stay America property again! This company cares nothing for their guests and they do not care about their reputation! We are telling everyone we know to STAY AWAY from Extended Stay America!!!

Room Tip: Do not choose a room here! It's a glorified motel!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

I booked a room for two nights,was called during my first day there(while at a theme park) and told that I was supposed to be checked out already and why was my stuff still in the room? I told the front desk girl I had booked online through another party for two nights and she tells me I need to call them;it's not her responsibility;the room is only reserved for one night. I was livid that this was happening during my short three day vacation..all in all,I would definitely splurge a couple extra hundred dollars and stay somewhere with cleaner sheets and nicer staff.

• Stayed May 2014
Santa Clarita, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

My boyfriend paid to stay here for one month. Long story short, he had to check out early, and even asked the manager Jackie, to see if that was ok. She assured him that they would refund his money for the days he wouldn't be there. That was in February. It's May. Still hasn't received his money, and still having issues contacting the hotel staff, and manager after months. Don't waste your money here.

Room Tip: Add a tip to help travelers choose a good room? Yeah, choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

When we arrived to the hotel at 3pm, the front desk attendant was "brand new" as the Manager explained to us and then left, leaving us with the new front desk attendant to fill out necessary paperwork for us to check-in. The process was slow. Very s-lo-w and I couldn't believe the Manager would just leave her attendant like that in front of guests. You could tell the front desk attendant was nervous and anxious.

So after a good 10 minutes, we were then told we needed to wait another 10 minutes before we could check-in. I asked if there was another room we could have since I was on a time crunch for a wedding rehearsal in town, she said no, but that we needed to wait since we were a little early. My BF then asked what time check-in was, she said 3pm, and we looked at our phones. It was 3:15. She then apologized and said, "Oh! It's 3:15? I need to get going too," and that was it. We were stuck waiting.

When we were finally given the green light to go to our room, the cleaning lady was still there. She needed to mop and wash the towels and dishes. At that point, we needed to start getting ready for our appointment so we, my BF and I, and the maid all were in the room trying to get things done.

Oh, and at one point, the Manager and her attendant locked themselves out of the hotel one afternoon. My BF had to let them in with his hotel key.

Complete idiots. Hallwags were so dirty that it looks like they haven't vacuumed in weeks. One bar of soap in hotel room's restroom - no shampoo, no conditioner. No pad of paper and pens - I thought this was an extended stay hotel? BF asked the front desk if he could get some paper and pens - they said they don't do paper, but did hand him a pen. Coffee maker was broken. They don't acknowledge you at the front desk when you walk in or walk out of the hotel. Simply the worse experience ever. Exended Stays typically have an okay reputation, but this one, by far has really let go their quality control.

Spend your money at the Hampton Inn right down the street. Better breakfast, service, and rooms. Seriously!

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton Inn, instead. This place is a joke and the Manager has zero common sense and cou...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I am sorry that it took so long for you to get checked in and that the housekeeping staff was still in your room when you arrived. As well, I apologize that you were not pleased with the cleanliness of the hallways and our grab-and-go breakfast. Your comments will be very helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at Val2@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Would not recommend to my friends and I would not stay there again myself. There was no discount applied to my bill even though one was promised and the room I booked was not available. The garbage in the kitchen was full at check in and they were rude during check out.

• Stayed April 2014
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that the room you booked was not available when you arrived. As well, I apologize that your garbage was full upon arrival and that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. I will be meeting with our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia? Share your experiences!