“"Best Hotel experience ever"” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Stevenson Ranch
Stevenson Ranch, California
“"Best Hotel experience ever"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel is amazing, neither me nor my family want to go home! we are staying here due to some remodeling that is going on in our home, and honestly i can say that this is like a second home to us. Everything is within walking distance, from delicious restaurants to fast food, to places to shop at. The service is amazing and the staff is very helpful and pleasant, Jackie is the sweetest and she will answer all your questions to the best of her knowledge!!The grab and go breakfast is very tasty which is a plus! If you are looking for a hotel to stay at this is the place to go!!!

Room Tip: higher floor rooms are great because you dont have to worry about hearing the noise from people walk...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Val M, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Michelle,

"Thank you very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I have always been treated very well during my stay. I like the staff and manager and find them to be very friendly and professional. Anthony is a great manager and Jaquie is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Ms. Ramos,

Thank you very much for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything that I may assist you with in the future.

granada hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This hotel looks great love the location near every store i shop at.The staff is very helpfull.
The room was very clean and modern,very quite and peaceful.This is the only Extended Stay i would recomind.Everything you need is within walking distance.

Room Tip: They have smoking room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Val M, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Katauon n,

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Great service, with safe and clean surroundings, In walking distants to shopping and food. With indoorlaundry area a most when your on the road. Also a fantastic Grab an Go Breakfast. A gratkichenarea for cooking in.Will diffantantlyreturn for another stay.

• Stayed October 2012
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed the Grab N Go breakfast as well as the hotel amenities. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Houston, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

staffs in front desk are really really nice. i think they are one of the best in my experience. but... room was dirty and smells. i found a cupcake on the shelf when i checked in. not welcome snack, somebody's leftovers....

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Val M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
"Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area."
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have travelled on company business 4-nights per week for the last three years staying at nearly every hotel/ motel chain in the U.S. including many other Extended Stays. I don't cut costs but do look for value. This property is "heads and shoulders" above the normal places I have stayed. Exceptionally clean and fresh! The location near great restaurants, fast food
and shopping is perfect. Although I don't take my dog on business trips this property is pet friendly and I enjoy seeing this special accomodation for our 4-legged friends. But best of all, Jaquie at the desk is the most pleasant, helpful and resopnsive receptionist I've come across.....ever!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like Jaquie hit a home run in your case!

Rocklin, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

My kids and I stayed here for one night. The staff were friendly and helpful, there is free wi-fi and a kitchenette with a full size refrigerator. Were it not for the outstanding customer service of the hotel staff, this property would not warrant even a two-star rating.

The hotel is in desperate need of renovation. The rooms need painting - there's chipped paint throughout. The furniture is worn, torn, and looks like it was purchased at a garage sale. The kitchen counters and cabinets are white laminate and outdated. The bathroom fixtures are cracked and deteriorating (literally). Outlet covers are crooked and dirty. When I plugged in the coffee maker, it tripped the circuit. Our friends stayed in the room next door and one of the refrigerator shelves was broken. There are blackout drapes on the windows but no sheers, which means if you are on the first floor, everyone outside can see right into your room. Several of the utensils did not appear to be clean.
My kids and I stayed here for one night. I don't think my kids would have tolerated another. The staff were friendly and helpful, there is free wi-fi and a kitchenette with a full size refrigerator. Other than that, there is little to warrant even a two-star rating.

The towels are small and a bit on the thin side. There is no shampoo or lotion in the room itself, but the front desk does offer complimentary shampoo, toothbrushes, and toothpaste for those in need.

After reading other reviews that mentioned bed bugs, etc., I carefully inspected the beds and found no evidence of such in our room.

There are many things the hotel could do to improve the guest experience without major renovation. It appears that the corporation/owners do not take pride in their product or understand what a quality hotel is. While I understand this is a budget chain, even the most modest of hotels should be fresh, clean and updated. This poor property has been neglected for quite some time and is dire need of a facelift.

The staff were helpful and friendly. Upon our arrival at 11:00 pm, the front desk clerk had to warn two separate groups of foreign exchange students who are staying all summer here. (Warning, if you don't like youth hostels or frat party environments, avoid this property in the summer.) There was a large group of exchange students at the hotel who, while not outright partying, were hanging out in front of the hotel talking loudly and other groups in various rooms who were loud enough to be heard throughout the hallways. The noise continued late into the night.
The walls are rather thin, so any level of conversation above a soft conversation can be heard. People above us were walking, bouncing and running at 1:00 am and it sounded like full-court press basketball above my head. While the noise of other guests were not the hotel's fault, the hotel could use additional insulation and thicker walls to lessen the noise. On the upside, the staff were very apologetic and responsive when we brought the noise to their attention. They were well aware of the noise level and had already taken measure to disperse the crowds.

Kudos to the staff who responded to our concerns and dealt with the issue. I commend Holly at the front desk and especially Anthony, the manager, who credited our account with a substantial discount for the difficulties we experienced. After I returned home, I discovered an error in the receipt and contacted the hotel. I again spoke with Anthony and he took care of the error quickly and efficiently. He did everything we requested to resolve our issues and ensure that we were satisfied. Customer service of this caliber seems rare these days and it is refreshing to find someone such as Anthony Miranda who really understands what being in the service industry means.

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone but the truly budget minded traveler until the property is renovated. I would be embarrassed to be the CEO of Extended Stay. I hope corporate makes the necessary physical improvements to bring the property up to the level of the staff.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor. No way to open the curtains without outsiders looking directly into your room...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issues you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of the guest room hallways is an integral part in creating a "home away from home" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay. We recently completed upgrades of the second and third floor rooms, and will soon be making plans for renovation of the first floor rooms that were completed a few years ago and will certainly consider your suggestions.

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia? Share your experiences!