“easy, practical and inexpensive.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Puerto Nuevo Baja Hotel & Villas

You added Puerto Nuevo Baja Hotel & Villas to your Saves list
Puerto Nuevo Baja Hotel & Villas
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Km. 44.5 Carretera Libre | Tijuana-Ensenada, Puerto Nuevo 22712, Mexico   |
Affiliate website
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Puerto Nuevo
“easy, practical and inexpensive.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed two nights over the long Fourth of July weekend. We bought a special via kayak.com for two nights at 99.00 a night. The hotel offers very little to do on the actual property. There is a pool with a cabana bar. A lounge area (that was very practical for the World Cup games) with an outside lounge area, Karaoke in the evening (on weekends) and well, that's pretty much it. The property was clean, our rooms were very outdated and the TV only received one channel. The room was spotless, zero dirt, clean sheets and no bugs. The staff was always helpful and tried to accommodate all of our request. The hotel is 15 minuets to Rosarito, next door to Puerto Nuevo and about 45 minuets to Ensenada. I understand the hotel is in the process of rehabbing their rooms. The hospitality was all we need to make our trip complete. Our goal with this mini vacation was to unplug from all lives, the puerto nuevo baja resort was amazing in helping us accomplish this. We will be back!

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
El Centro, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 night 3 days starting from the front entrance staff to the amnesties staff was nice,helpful. Isabel was a great person made my reservation by phone my check in was fast gave us customer service. Our room was clean and well organize smell really clean things were in place. Our room was spectacular the view was awesome,great,wonderful. The rest of the place was great the pools inside one, outside one, the snack bar, lobby bar all the place was great the kids playground which we coming back with them to enjoy it. The food was delicious too. We were able to go to lobster village walking distance. In the noght we were able to sit around or walk around with no problem. The place is secure, feel secure and is a place you can relax or party if you like. The sheets are clean towels, coffee maker and water bottles were provided it. Also the cleaning lady is really nice and if you request more she will provide. Bathrooms are clean with soap,shampoo, conditioner hand soap. Wifi, tv with satellite was great we watch the fifa games in our room. On sunday we had the brunch lots of food fish,ceviche, salad, juices, pancakes etc.. Had a great annv mini getaway vacation really calm relax.. I dont know why there is so many bad reviews but oh well i will be going back in july and august for family reunions.. I know villas are getting fix too but other than that i give this place a 4.9 star. This is not a luxious hotel it will do to spend time with family ,friends relax have fun and enjoy what mexico has to offer great value for your money and good memories. As today i love this place and see you in july and august puerto nuevo!!! ❤️

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
anaheim
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My husband and I stayed there for the weekend.I had the best experience there are no words to describe it specially the ocean view..customer service is great that food is delicious is worth every penny. Also, not to mention the pool..I had so much fun..I'm definitely going back no doubt on that..I do highly recommend this place for families and for getaway couples..you will not regret it..

• Stayed June 2014
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

It's now Puerto Nuevo Baja, Hotel & Villas.
I love to bring my family to this hotel, we prefer the villas because it has a kitchenette will all of the necessary appliances to cook your own meals.
The kids love the pools (indoor and outdoor). We stayed over last weekend, they had games and entertainment for kids and adults in the outdoor pool area.
We had the Sunday Brunch which was delicious.
We love the Security this hotel has to offer.
definitely recommend this hotel to families with children.

Room Tip: Ask for 1st floor ocean front villas, they will allow you to bring your own bbq if staying at this v...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I love this place. The staff are very accommodating and helpful. Rooms are more than reasonable and comfortable. Walking distance to Puerto Nuevo Lobster Village sets this hotel above all the rest. With two pools, restaurant, bar and Spa, this is a perfect weekend getaway. I cannot wait to see the rennovations to the Villas.

• Stayed February 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I used to stay at this hotel years ago when it was named New Port...it seems that they have sold the place since to the hotel next to it and is now the Grand Baja Resort...let me tell you, there is absolutely nothing grand about this place. The rooms need repair, the customer service is indiferent and they will charge you $10 to borrow a pool towel. There is barely toilet paper provited and the two little towels for the shower are in rags. It is sad to see this once frequently visited hotel in the state that it is now. I am sorry to say that we will not come back.

• Stayed October 2013
Chino Hills, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed at this hotel since it had a preferential promotion because of a wedding I was attending. I must say that the lobby is really nice and makes you think of an upscale hotel. Check in was a breeze, they had my reservation ready and provided my key to my room. My room had a ocean view, which was nice but the 2 bedroom room needs a massive upgrade, for the price I paid, this hotel is not worth it. Main door, closet doors, sliding doors are worn out. Walls are dirty, at least a paint job would make the job. First floor bathroom had rusted toilet paper dispensers. Second Floor bathroom had mold all over the place. Room had a kitchen with stainless steal fridge which was clean, pot and pans, glass cups, blender and toaster. All these were in good condition. It also had a sofa that was showing tear and wear. Beds were alright for 1 night. I must say that quiet hours are not enforced in this property as I had to call the front desk twice to request a courtesy visit to my neighbors as they were screaming, laughing and with the radio at full volume until 5am.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Puerto Nuevo Baja Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!