“Terrible customer service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Breeze Hotel

You added Sea Breeze Hotel to your Saves list
Sea Breeze Hotel
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Costa bonitaBeach Resort Carr. 250 Km. 1.8, 00775, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #14 of 17 Specialty Lodging in Culebra
Nagubo
“Terrible customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Recently I was staying in this hotel with my family. It was an unpleasant experience. First I will begin with the bathroom in the lobby. It was dirty, dark, full of mosquitoes and one of the cubicles in the bathroom had no light. The kids pool was dirty. The kitchen in the room had no utensils. The sofa bed had no quilt or blanket.The room was full of mosquitoes. At the roof of the entrance of the room were thousands of mosquitos. The balcony door lock, was not working. The TV only had local channels. If you wanted to see televison with satellite, you had to pay extra for this service. The first night, we killed about 20 mosquitoes. The next day, we bought flying insect killer. We killed all the mosquitoes at the entrance of the room. We went to the lobby and explained that we did not have a quilt or blanket of the sofabed. The guy at front desk told me that they(room service) had not finished four rooms. He said that when the 4 rooms were finished, if something was left over, they will take it to my room. After an hour they brought the blanket.
We did not see anyone giving towels in the pool area. We took the room towels to the pool and use them. At my room, I call to the reception to ask for new towels. The woman asked me why if it was only a day that we had arrived, we were already asking to change the room towels. I said that we went to the pool and used the towels to dry off and we needed dry towels to get a bath. She told me that I had to bring the towels to the front desk .
My husband went to deliver the towels and they told him that if he wanted to change the towels he had to pay $ 25 for each. My husband explained that they did not have towels for the pool and they told him that he had to ask at the front desk and not use the room towels. Then the manager told him that he could make a deal with him and leave them at $ 10 each. My husband did not argue with them and took the wet towels back to the room. I was very angry. It was unbelievable that they want to charge us $ 100 or $ 40 to change some towels. The towels would not be for us, but the hotel would stay with them. The next day early in the morning we went to the front desk and asked for towels for the pool. They said they had no towels and told us to use the room towels. Incredible!

This was my third time staying in Culebra but I always stayed at Bahia Marina. They do give you a good service. They pick you up and take you to the port, give you a play yard for your baby to sleep, have satelite and all kitchen utensils. You can use the room towels for the pool and then they bring you new towels. Unbelievable!

Sea Breeze, prefers to lose customers and damage their image than have a satisfied customer. I would not return to stay at this hotel and I recommend that you do not either.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
javicela, Manager at Sea Breeze Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for sharing your opinion. I would like to let you know a couple of things we appologize you did not realize during your stay.
Our sofa bed quilts and linen is on the first drawer besides the sofa. If for some reason they were not provided, we are glad you called front desk and we were able to take care of that.
The pool towels are given in the entrance to the pool area and clubhouse at the front desk. We are sorry you missed it. The charge for the towels is only imposed when the towels are misused by guests resulting in the towel being discarded. Change of room towels are free for all guests at all times. In some cases, guests misuse or abuse of hotel properties, may result in a charge of the replacement cost.
We apologize for the inconvenience, we have taken preventive action in the clubhouse bathrooms and added more insecticed to prevent mosquitos entering the Clubhouse bathroom. Your last remarks seem like you have a relation with the competitors, but we are always glad to know more about our clients and there experience.
We hope to see you again sometime in the future and please remember to always ask for anything you need at the front desk, we are here to serve you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
mayaguez
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Looks great from a distance, but up close it is not. The whole place looks pretty bad. It has potential as the views are great, but it's in need of some updating, repairs and paint. The road up to it needs work. you have to pick your way around the pot holes and be careful not to bottom out on the drainage dips. Our room had so many mosquitos inside we had to go buy something to spray around. No washcloths or hand towels and no one came and cleaned the room or even replaced towels, which were stained and dirty. The linens on the bed were the same. the pillows were bad. It was far away from everything and we could not get a taxi. So We rented a car. donot get a golf cart. Carts are too slow. There is no beach just a little rocky shore on what we later learned is called Mosquito Bay. Go figure. That being said the manager Carlos was very nice and did drive us to the car rental place when the taxi was taking too long to get there. The air cond worked fine in our room although it was noisy. We stayed 2 nights in rm 701. The parking outside the room was very steep. we just had to park on the street behind the room as we couldn't find anywhere else that looked like asigned parking. Going down into the room the steep stairs had no railings and the rocky ground had debris strewn around like pieces of concrete. There was no landscaping by our room. most of the property is mowed weeds and big rocks. On the street going up to the room there was a derelict car with flat tires and some kind of home painted camoflage suv. Not a good first impression. That road also had big pot holes that needed fixing. There were a lot of cats and chickens running around. The lobby bathrooms had no lights, no paper towels and there were lots of mosquitos. This place would be ok if you didnt expect too much. It's a typical Puertorican disaster; not enough money to keep the place up. It could be really nice.

• Stayed May 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for Mother's Day weekend and was not impressed at all. Bar always closed, no one ever answered any questions I had regarding bar hours or transportation services, they always kept telling me to ask someone else who did just the same. If you truly want to go somewhere and just be in your room, crash the pool and go back to sleep then this is your kind of place. But if you want to actually enjoy vacations in a friendly place, look for somewhere else within the island.

• Stayed May 2013
Dorado, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed t this hotel in February, very nice and well kept. No TV so if you need it bring your laptop with your own wireless card. Hotel has only 1 restaurant with very weird hours and set menu not many choices. Front desk is not available 24 hrs also has weird hours. Overall is like a timeshare or a rental property where you must come prepared with everything you wouldn't want in your own little apartment. Not very close to anything and taxi can get expensive so rent car or golf cart while there. My family and I will be going back at the end of the month so I would recommend this property.

• Stayed February 2013
Isabela, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Really It is a beautiful place, our rooom was in good conditions and we loved the balcony view. Our only concern was the poor customer service. We ask for an early check in and we haved to wait about 2hrs at terrace for the arrival of the supervisor and all the bathrooms were soooo dirty and nasty :( The recepcionist did not anything to provide an alternative bathroom. This "little details" are the things that ends with a good business.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
javicela, Manager at Sea Breeze Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
WE have taken your reviews very seriously and have remodeled the bathrooms and changed the cleaning and supervision of the commercial areas. We are sure you would appreciate this next time you visit us. We are sorry about the early checkin not being available, this are hotel policies and most of all, many times there are other guests in this rooms. Maybe next time we'll have an extra room available and be able to offer you early check in.
Thank you for your review.

Seabreeze Management
Crookston, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

On the outside you will think this resort is top notch however that was not our experience. I wish I could remember the actual # of the two units we stayed in. We were showed the rooms before we took the rooms & in all honesty my inner voice told me to turn & run (pictures will show what I'm talking about) but we went to Culebra spontaneously, places were booked & the fairy had made its last trip for the day. The air conditioner in our first unit didn't work at all so after trying to rough it out for several hours my hubby couldn't take it any more, went down to the desk & got the room across from the 1st unit. As you will see from my pictures the furniture was in very bad shape, there was mildew growing along the bottom of the walls, there was also either mold or evidence of bed bugs on the outlet in the kitchenette. When I pulled the hide away out couldn't quite decide if what was on the mattress was mildew or evidence of bed bugs. The 2nd unit the air actually did work but not w/out some handy work on my husbands part & alot of toilet paper. The condition of this room was actually better than our 1st room, however when we woke up the next morning, my son & daughter who slept in the bed (not the hide away) had red bite marks all over their torso, turns out they were bed bug bites. My other complaint was that there weren't any wash cloths or hand towels, shampoo etc. & the only thing provided to make up the hide away was 2 flat sheets. I believe we paid with taxes included some where in the neighborhood of $170, we definitely didn't get what we paid for. It was disgusting.

Room Tip: If you need a tip after what I've already written: DON'T GO HERE!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
javicela, Manager at Sea Breeze Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with trip Advisor. We are sorry you had problems with the A/C your first room, but also are glad we were able to offer you a great room you were satisfied with after you let us know.
Our beds do not have bed bugs. But at sundown, there are many mosquitos, we always recomend at sundown to make sure all windows on the room are closed to avoid mosquitos entering the room. Your son probably was bitten by this tiny mosquitos due to the fact you guys had problems with the A/C and like you said, you tried to rough it out. Make sure you let our front desk know in time so we can gladly help you. The same goes for the face towels, if you need anything, please let us know during your stay, so we can gladly serve you.
Thanks for staying with us.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Had a great time with my family and friends. Friendly and great staff. Beautiful pool, and recreation areas. Nice place to stay for every kind of occasion. The restaurant think is called "The lobster house" have delicious food and good variety. I would recommend to anyone!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sea Breeze Hotel? Share your experiences!