“The best in Culebra” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Culebra Moon Villas

You added Culebra Moon Villas to your Saves list
Culebra Moon Villas
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Road 250 East, Km 2.4 | A Mile Past Dingy Dock, Take a Left Up the Hill, 00775, Puerto Rico (Formerly Bahia Marina Condo Hotel)   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Culebra
Orlando, Florida
“The best in Culebra”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I Had a great time at Bahia Marina, was my first time ever. The staff is very friendly and helpfull, anything you need - you get. Hotel has a two nice pool area and a very good restaurant with excellent dishes. There are a lot of thins to do in Culebras. It was a just wonderful and I can't wait
to go back and will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Ponce, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I'll definately come back! This suite that we were in had a ocean front view (drank my morning coffee just contemplating that view, almost got a trance). The room was descent, food at the restaurant was terrific and very good priced! I should say that service IS the major point here! First class, amazing, courteous, funny, warm might not make it as to what this people made me and my wife feel specially Nelida and Rodney. This guys rock. They will give you all the information you need in order to have a blast in Culebra.

I will stay again!

Room Tip: H-201 i think we were. It has an L shape balcony with bay view. Very private.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

very nice condo hotel, excellent service and the restaurant it was amazing. very nice location and a great view. the Villa was very nice could use a little update like lcd t.v inverters a/c ect but overall nice stay and will come back again to Bahia Marina.

• Stayed August 2012
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

The hotel has a perfect location, with great views if your lucky to get a room in the AB or C complex. The food was okay. The rooms need to be kept up more as the are pretty run down. It is overpriced for the quality of the rooms they provide. Overall, this place need some tender loving care. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

We reserve on one of the busiest weekend and had to made some last minute changes I have to say that the service was excellent. Amy treat my case with priority although the hotel was full. Service was always courteous and making sure we were comfortable. I will be back and plan to stay there.

• Stayed July 2012
Villalba, null, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Culebra is a beautiful place but the troubles you have to go thru to get there are not worthy, in my opinion. The charter boats service at Fajardo is TERRIBLE, a NIGHTMARE. You can't buy the tickets online, the ticket center opened late, and if you have the bad luck that on the same day of your trip a lot of people native to the small island (Culebra) decide to go there from the main land they will receive priority over you and you can risk loosing your reservation or worst, you can be left stranded on Culebra on your way back and nobody will care if you have a place to stay or money to eat. Believe me, the people I found in Culebra is not hospitable people. Of course, it has nothing to do with the hotel but it is part of the experience.

Looking back to that day, the hotel staff was the only kind, helpfull people I found around. The place is too far from the best beaches, like Flamenco, that I wanted to visit so much. It's like in a hill. The view is amazing on the other hand. When I got there, finally, someone from the hotel was waiting for us at the port and he took us to the hotel. I was expecting to rent a car there, but they were all rented at the moment of my arrival, my mistake. Never go there without arranging the car rental before. It is imposible to have a nice experience without a car. No problem, I thought. I will ask the hotel service to bring me down tomorrow and I will take a bus to the beach, wich was only $3. Once again the hotel staff was very kind and took us to the port again. It was saturday morning, I only had credit and debit cards, second mistake. There were only 2 ATMs in that part of the island; one didn't have money, the other wasn't working. I went to a grocery store and asked the cashier for a cash back if I bought at least $20, she gave me a plain NO, even after explaining my situation. Long story short, I had to stay in the hotel the whole weekend. I bought some groceries and cooked our meals too, because the hotel restaurant didn't offered breakfast. So I practically I had no vacation at all. Advise: if you are going to Culebra, plan carefully, rent a car before getting there, take enough cash with you and look for the hotel on google maps before booking.

Bahia Marina it's not bad and it saved our vacation. The place has two pools and EXCELLENT STAFF. The condo wasn't bad at all; we had all we needed to cook and everything worked properly. If I find a private charter boat service, I may go again some day.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We stayed in a two room condo overlooking the marina. We spent most of our time on the balcony drinking in the view. Easy access to Playa Flamenco and other attractions on the island, Staff was very helpful from the pick-up at the airport to arranging transportation. I will definitely be back. Oh and the restaurant was a pleasant surprise. Excellent food and drinks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in overlooking the marina. There are a few buildings and the only one has the view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Culebra Moon Villas? Share your experiences!