“Returning Next Year!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Culebra Beach Villas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Culebra
Culebra Beach Villas
You added Culebra Beach Villas to your Saves list
Flamenco Beach, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Culebra
San Juan
“Returning Next Year!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Flamenco is one of the most beautifull beaches in the world. This is the only place you can stay at walking distance form the water besides the camping site. The Villas are not luxuriuos, but there have everything you need. Clean bed, Kitchen, BB Area, A/C.

Room Tip: At the office (wich closes a 5 pm) you can buy ice and rent without having to leave the place.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Loved it! A hundred yard walk to the most exquisite beach! Stars like you have never seen! Tranquility and joy! If you ate looking for simple luxury, here it is!

• Stayed June 2012
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Flamenco beach is one of the main attractions of Culebra, which makes the Culebra Beach Villas the ideal place to stay. If you're going for the beach and/or oceanfront, it does not get better.

I stayed in the villas with a very large group of people - we ended up occupying 8 different rooms/villas at the time (3B, 3D, 2D, 2C, 1C, 1E, and two concerete villas, 13 and 14). I was able to see each of these rooms, so the review applies to all of them.

Important to remember that these are rental properties, so don't expect things like room service or on-site dining. Some of the people in our party were not prepared for this. The grills are awesome though and we made good use of them on our trip.

In terms of the rooms/villas themselves, all of the rooms were well kept and well-furnished. Very clean when we arrived and some had pleasant surprises (furniture, appliances, etc.) My only real complaint is that some members of the party were given a very hard time about getting towels laundered. Also there was a bit of confusion as to whether or not toilet paper was to be provided by the staff (some rooms/villas got it, others didn't). The hotel doesn't do a great job of posting services on their website so it's hard to know exactly what is covered. I'm actually still not sure what was supposed to be provided.

One other small complaint: I had a very difficult time getting a hold of the hotel to make reservations and/or getting them to return my phone calls. If you speak Spanish, even just a little, I would recommend it because not all of the employees speak English. Also I noticed that my phone calls were returned a lot faster when I spoke in Spanish - just a personal observation though, might not mean anything.

Anyway, If you're there to enjoy Culebra, absolutely the best spot. If you're there to enjoy a 5 star hotel room with all the bells and whistles and service, not the spot for you.

Room Tip: Any that face the beach! But if you can't, then 2C has a pretty great view from the deck.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Orlando, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

To start with the good - Culebra Beach Villas are right on Flamenco Beach - definitely the best beach on the island. You are right there, just steps away - could not ask to be closer! The price is very reasonable and will not bust your budget. For these reasons alone, I recommend this place. However, I think it important to state that this hotel will only cover your basic needs. They are studio apartments with small kitchens - utensils and dishware included. You only get one towel per person and there are NO laundry facilities onsite. Recommend going to La Surana apartments for doing laundry. I was also told there is a laundry place by the ferry area.
It is worth driving over to the Flamenco Tent area beach and buying a big umbrella ($45) and some chairs so you can better enjoy your time on the beach. Also, you must bring your own beach towels and possibly need to buy toilet paper and definitely any other necessities like soap, etc. I did think it was kept very clean and noticed that the cleaning ladies cleaned the public restroom daily. There is also an outside shower for washing sand off when coming in from the beach.
Overall though, very quaint cute place that I recommend for those working within a budget.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Once you arrive to flamenco beach, you will be amazed at its beauty and the amazing ocean so much so that you will say to yourself, "man, I wish I could stay the night here instead of going back int o town" Well, you can. If you look down the beach to the right, you will see a beautiful house peaking out from between the palms - Culebra Beach Villas. The place is charming with several privately owned villas that vary from studios to 3 bedrooms. The studio we stayed at was very adequate, with an air-conditioner, fan big bathroom and kitchenette. The bed was quite hard actually, but like I said, each place is individually owned so they vary. They all do however have hammocks and a private patio, just perfect for a relaxing beach getaway. The people are super nice and there's a pretty great bbq pit area that if you're in the mood to be social and hang out with the other gusts you can. But if you want to be alone and have some privacy you can as well. Take a troll down the beach, watch the sun set behind the hill, hike over the hills to neighboring beaches, oh! and bring your snorkel! Flamenco has some amazing snorkeling right along the shoreline! better than a lot of places i payed good money to take a boat to. You can just walk right out and see some amazing coral and fish. If you are not fussy and appreciate a relaxing and beautiful beach, you will love your stay here.
(I read a review about bed bugs, most likely they were bit by no-see-ums, and not bed bugs... bring bug spray there are lots of sand fleas and no-see-ums on beaches like this, this is normal)

Room Tip: I like the villas better than staying in the main building which is more like a hotel, but if you...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

This was my 3rd trip to Culebra, but the first time I stayed at the Culebra Beach Villas. I went with my boyfriend, and we stayed at Villa #8 for 3 nights in March 2012.

It was a such lovely way to spend a short vacation. This is the only hotel on Flamenco Beach, made up of a few small cottages/suites scattered throughout the property. If you're looking for a mega-resort with all sorts of amenities, this is NOT the place for you. It's very quiet and the hotel doesn't really have any management. When you arrive, you go to the "office" to confirm your room number. They post a paper with the hotel guest name and then the room number is listed next to your name. The rooms are clean and have the basic necessities - nice bed with clean sheets, small but clean bathroom, small open kitchen with big fridge and simple stove. My one complaint: the walls are very thin ;) Oh, and the roosters will wake you up when the sun rises...

We arrived in Culebra via the ferry, and we didn't rent a car. So I knew we would need to stock up on food, as there are no restaurants in or near the hotel. We went to the market in town and stocked up as best we could. In the end, I don't think we bought enough food for the 3 days. There are a handful of very nice restaurants in town, but you need to drive there from the hotel (so you either need to have a car or call a taxi). Calling a taxi to pick us up worked perfectly and pretty cheap. You should know that cell phone reception is spotty, and only a couple of places on the hotel property provide good reception.

Villa #8 is in the back of the hotel property, so you don't get a beach view. But you do have a lovely view of the mountain from the porch (see attached pics). One of the nicest parts about the hotel is the porch, where you can enjoy your meals with your loved one and take in the beautiful view. one morning we were able to watch a hummingbird just a few feet away from us.

I would definitely recommend staying here if you're not super picky (as I said earlier, not for people who expect all sorts of amenities). Also, there really isn't any "service" at the hotel, (as I mentioned above, no real "management") so don't expect that either. You're sort of on your own here... but if you're up for a beautiful, quiet place on the perfect beach in a very undeveloped area, this is for you.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I decided to visit my family in P.R after more than 10yrs. Then, we decided to visit Flamenco Beach and it was really paradise. The villa was AMAZING! It was equipped, clean, fresh,n
o bad smells, decorated according to the environment. We stayed at 1D and we had it all. The outdoor shower was located right outside our villa. The people working there were so nice and genuine. My only advise is to buy enough food for your stay since the villas are a little far from town. I am planning to return next year. The beach was like a pool.... the sand, the breeze.... PERFECT!

Room Tip: The rooms right in front of the beach are fabulous.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Culebra Beach Villas? Share your experiences!