“Very Happy with our Meals!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Caribbean, Bakeries
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Shelton CT
“Very Happy with our Meals!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This was my second trip to Culebra. Once again I saw the Homeless Dog Cafe Sign on side of building. At first I was anxious to find the restaurant then realized it was delivery service. After a "hard day" of relaxing on the gorgeous beach, we decided to call and give this place a try This was Soulful Sunday and we chose the bourbon chicken and encrusted fish fillet. Portions were very generous/ flavor was delicious/prices were reasonable and delivery was speedy! Oh and the drunken pineapple upside down cake was a perfect ending to our meal! It was truly nice to just relax back at our place with a well prepared home cooked meal! Only thing I was disappointed about was the fact that we waited just a day before we had to leave to order these meals. But considering our third visit will happen next year to the island, we will find time to squeeze in more meals from Homeless Dog Cafe! Very pleasant owners!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Culebra
“Best take out ever !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

If you don't feel like cooking, or going out, and have friends with a beautiful view of the bay from their porch, order out from the Homeless Dog.
Their menu changes frequently, so you just call to see what they are serving that day. Our main courses were very tasty, and the deserts yummy. I had had their deserts on a previous occasion. Their lemon cake was the best I had ever had. (And, I'm not a big cake fan).
The food was delivered at the requested time by a courteous & cheerful driver.
The only little thing that was a bit off putting were the squeaky, white styrofoam serving containers. But, that is the most practical way to transport.
We will definitely be ordering again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Tulsa
“maybe a bad night, but.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We were SO disapointed with the meals that we ordered recently: we had put off ordering from this place until the other couple traveling with us could come out and eat with us at our rental, and then the ______ meal was about two hours late, cold, and not very good.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful food by great people, great food by wonderful people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Just had dinner for four served up by the Homeless Dog and we all were really very pleased with the food. Not only was it tasty, it arrived exactly when they said it would. I will recommend the "Dog" to all my guests on Culebra from now on. Good job guys!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jupiter, Florida
“Poor Timing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was disappointed in the delivery and service since I had communicated by emails with Peri for a special deluxe meal delivered to our patio. When we arrived and asked to confirm delivery she said she had never heard of me. Then said yes and meal would be delivered in 45 minutes, after I called again it was 15 minutes, then another call and said on way. After 2 hours meal was finally delivered at no charge which was a nice way to apologize. The salad was missing and the whole snapper with rice and beans was tasty but simple as was the desert.

• 3 of 5 stars Food