“Flamenco Beach 2013 Amazing Memories” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Flamenco Beach Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Culebra
Flamenco Beach Campground
You added Flamenco Beach Campground to your Saves list
Flamenco Beach | Apartado 217, 00775, Puerto Rico   |
Keosauqua, Iowa
“Flamenco Beach 2013 Amazing Memories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I'm looking forward to my April 2014 camp trip to Culebra.

2013, I spent two weeks, end of January to first of February, on Flamenco Beach, Camping. I can barely wait to get back. I met so many amazing people, from all over the world: Poland, Germany, Italy, and US. The weather was perfect and the beaches fantastic.

If anyone is interested in camping on the island, drop me a line and I'll be happy to send you my "packing list". I carry a back-pack and keep pack weight under 50 lbs. Every year I update my list to exclude things I don't need (or can buy on island) and add other things I haven't been able to find.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We camped right on the beach! We camp a lot, but none was like this one. You get up in the morning to wonderful sunshine, and Azure water! its fantastic! There is a taxi service from the ferry too, making traveling very easy and convenient.

They also have a little eating/ stall area for food. Dont miss the Pina Coladas and the Bushwalkers. Bushwalker might make you tipsy, but its yummy!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Highland Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I don't know if there is another place like this in the Caribbean. I love camping and me and my girlfriend were trying to save money on our trip to PR so we decided to spend two nights here. It was well worth the $20 per night and I would have paid double that. It was busy when we were there (Saturday and Sunday night in March). Saturday was especially busy. We walked for a while trying to find a great spot. The sandy, and therefore, softer sites were mostly taken. The dirt-ish sites were easier to come by. These are farther away from the path and thus a bit quieter and private. We got a site about in the middle. We cleared away some seeds and stones and set down. There were large groups around with children and these people were drinking and playing music, but happily everyone quieted down by 10 or so, save for one jerk and his girlfriend who started blasting techno at 10 while setting up their tent. I think someone asked them to turn it off and they obliged. Sunday night was a lot quieter and more peaceful. There are roosters there that crow early but there aren't that many and they are spread out, so depending on where they're ranging, they may or may not wake you at 4:45. Bring ear plugs to be safe. Pretty much, people were respectful and kept to themselves. I was worried about theft from my tent because I had an ipad in there but I shouldn't have been. I tried to say hello to everyone who I could say hello to. There were many Puerto Ricans there and they were cool so it was nice. The beach was beautiful. A bit choppy when we were there because of winds. Sand was soft and white. Some stretches were stony. The food kiosks were a great addition. You could get a good variety of decent food. I'm a vegetarian and I could always eat there. Taxis are always around during the day. I'd suggest getting some numbers because at night they might not come by. All the locals have a cousin or friend who has a taxi, so just ask around and you can find a number. They'll get up from whatever they're doing in their house and come pick you up. Don't forget to tip for this! Some of the taxi drivers openly drink and drive at night but I wasn't worried about it. I get the feeling they know what they're doing. Try to find Carlos Rosario beach. There is a trail off the parking lot behind a locked gate (sneak through). There is a sign warning people of unexploded ammunition. That's the place! It's well trodden so just stay on the trail, say a prayer, and go. The beach is quiet. You can skinny dip I guess. There are apparently good snorkeling opportunities on these beaches and I found a nice spot myself.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

You couldn't ask for more to be so close to the most beautiful beach in the world! I mean it was very different camping than usual, there wasn't any showers and the bathrooms never had toilet paper. I guess you paid for the location and not the accomodations! Would go again for sure!
We stayed March 2007.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Waukegan, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I think my title sums it up. There is nobody hassling you on the beach to buy something. (I'M VERY THANKFUL FOR THAT) Everybody minds their own business and they just take care of you when you ask. The snorkeling is really nice too in Tamarindo Beach (or bay). It's cheaper if you bring your own equipment and you buy your food at a grocery in Fajardo and bring it with you. Otherwise food prices on Culebra are reasonable.

Room Tip: If someone in your group is older than 60 they only pay $10 US for the rental of the campsite.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Saratoga Springs, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I recently got back from a trip to Puerto Rico. Much of that time (about a week) was spent at Flamenco Beach Campground. Although I found the water at the beach to be somewhat chilly in January, I was impressed by the beauty of the beach and the campground. I slept in area E, which was probably the most busy area. I met a lot of great people and enjoyed visiting the surrounding area. Since I did not rent a car I had to get by with taxis which were plentiful. I also used the website campingculebra.com to find out information, which was useful. I can not wait to return again. Now that I am back in NY I feel that I want to go back to Puerto Rico more than ever.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Keosauqua, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

January, 2013 will be my seventh stay at Flamenco Beach Campground. Although I'll be traveling solo, most campers I've met there are warm and friendly, and I've spent many evenings around a camp fire, sharing drinks and talking with my new friends about the days activities, and tomorrows plans. The campgrounds are clean and well maintained. Facilities provided include, restrooms, potable water, showers, and BBQ pits. I typically stay for two weeks at a time, and have camped there during the months of October, December, January, March, April and May. The following beaches are within easy walking distance, Flamenco (of course), Tamarindo and Luis Pena. Although I am a certified scuba diver, I prefer to snorkel the reefs off of Tamarindo and Luis Pena and in addition to many fish, I frequently see Turtles and rays. Somedays I rent a jeep or scooter and ride out to beaches further away. Rasaca and Brava beaches require some hiking but the experience of spending a few hours, or sometimes and entire day on a beautiful beach with no other people around is amazing!!! As a note to campers, if you happen to forget some equipment, or run out of something while on the island, there are markets in town where you can buy most things you need. In fact, right off the parking lot of Flamenco beach is a Kiosko (Tent City) that rents tents, sleeping bags, etc. In addition to Tent City, there are 4 or 5 other Kioskos that sell great food and drinks. As an added benefit of camping at Flamenco Beach, as beautiful as the beach is during the day; at night, under a full moon a walk on the beach or a fun dip in the water to cool off before going to bed is absolutely amazing. For me, Culebra is a fantastic vacation and I highly recommend camping on Flamenco Beach.

Room Tip: I try to choose a tent site in Zona E at the very end of the camp ground. It is about a 1/4 mile wal...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Flamenco Beach Campground? Share your experiences!