“AWESOME” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 20 Culebra B&B and Inns
Lakewood, California
“AWESOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Club Seaborne was great! My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights at the beginning of our honeymoon and we definitely want to return. The staff was awesome, especially Carlos and David. Everyone was really accommodating. Carlos (hotel manager) was always willing to pick us up and drop us off places around the island, give us recommendations to places to eat or activities to do and he always did these things with a smile, laugh and great story. David (bartender) took us out on his boat for a day trip to Culebrita for hiking, snorkeling and swimming. He always had a great attitude and was very knowledgeable of the area. This hotel was great too because breakfast was included and all the food at their restaurant was delicious. My husband and I couldn't stop talking about Culebra and our hidden gem, Club Seaborne.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
FLL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We moved to Club Seabourne, from another hotel. The total (taxes here are high) was about $155 and I was glad to pay it after the last place we stayed in. The room was very nice, clean, modern and it had a balcony. We booked the least expensive room and we were upgraded because the hotel was empty. This is not luxury but it is a solid place to stay. Beach towels are provided. The hotel is not on the water but there is a pool. The restaurant, Guava, is on site. The chef who runs it is a wonderful and kind woman who combines her education in French cooking with her island background. The breakfast (included) menu is extensive. There is also an outside bar Go to Kimsegal.com for more on Culebra.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I have to start off and explain why I gave the location 4 stars and that's because we had not rented a car and it was dificult to move around wheb we would have like to. But Carlos was very helpful and picked us up and dropped us off at the airport and took us into town whenever needed. He was always at the resort and was just awesome. The room was spotless and smelt very very clean. When you go have Michi make you a pina coloda they are divine. She was awesome at just about every thing. ..if you want to be left alone and just hide out then this is the perfect place to go to!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I am planning an intimate destination beach wedding. When I say intimate I mean just my fiance and I. After doing research for weeks I finally decided on a location. After reading reviews I hoped that we could stay for five days at this location. When I called and told the person on the phone what I had in mind she responded that they don't "make weddings anymore at the hotel" not so sure why after I asked her why they didn't want our business that the call was disconnected but what a shame. I was hoping that this would be a special place for the both of us to return to for years to come. Maybe someone else wants our business and won't mind a person leaving the hotel in a white dress and coming back for a romantic dinner with their new husband!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Club_Seabourne, Owner at Club Seabourne, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Hello Dizzie:
As I told you thru email, I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. We are highly committed with the quality of service that we offer to each of our clients. Some times in Culebra when we have a lost of power energy, we lost telephone contact. In other moments, due that our hotel is secluded at the mountain, we lost the telephone signal. I could imagine that was the situation. Anyway, I hope that you have a wonderful event at the beautiful Island of Culebra, and that you enjoy your stay.
Best regards,
Cecilia Rodriguez
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Excellent stay and accommodations. Friendly and professional staff. Lots of privacy and space. Awesome food at the restaurant, great drinks at the pool-side bar. Beautiful design of the villas, great parking very close to your villa, and beautiful location on the island. Not far from "downtown" and the pier where water taxis and the ferry comes and goes. Lots of small bars and eat spots. Very close drive to the airport, and all the local beaches, to include the very beautiful Flamenco Beach. You can take an amazing drive across the island for some pretty amazing views of the ocean and surrounding islands. Great stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gurabo, PR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Another stay in Culebra Island; a branch of the Island of Enchantment. Spent the whole day in Flamenco Beach; awesome. The shore was clean and free of sea weeds, which seems it is being recycled as compost. Great!!!

Anyway, we stayed at Club Seaborne Saturday night (June 1) to Sunday. Hotel is really nice, villa was recently painted, and clean. Nice pool, spot for reading a good book, and area for family and business groups. Across the street you can enjoy "kayaking" at the bay and riding bicycle. Lots of trees and plants which freshens the environment and no flying insects molesting. Anyway, having an insect repellent is a must. Porch had a pleasent view to the bay. The best of all was Guava Restaurant! Delicious food and well presented dishes, excellent service from the Chef and waitresses. Just make sure there is enough Municipal water for bathing and good signal from the LCD Plasma TV if you have children.

It was good to see that Government is paying attention to fixing the streets and access to the beautiful beaches in Culebra. For sure, we will come back for another stay at Club Seabourne.

Room Tip: The lower Villas are closer to the Restaurant and pool, and distribution of Municipal water is bette...