After booking 5 days of diving/advanced dive instruction with Taz Hamrick @ Aquatic Adventures I booked cottage 302 at Tamarindo. After flying in, and a 10 minute taxi ride we checked in just in time for a magnificent sunset over the out islands. The kitchen half had adequate cooking utensils, while screened windows overlooking the patio/ ocean and a ceiling fan kept temps bearable. The bedroom /full bath half had very quiet, phenomenal ac which made for restful sleeping. We had prompt taxi service down to Aquatic Adventures(15 min to town) with Kenny of Willy's Transportation Service. Since my daughter just finished a summer of pool side life- guarding, we spent our time, other than diving, at World famous Flamenco Beach rather than at the lovely pool. Nor did we snorkel the great beach or kayak the bay, both just a few minutes walk from the cottage. After numerous trips to Hawaii and life in the Bahamas, I would be hard pressed to find a better patio view of a tropical paradise than that from our patio. Evening sunsets and relaxing mornings with sailboats crossing Canal de Luis Pena while sipping fresh coffee, and listening to island birds is hard to beat! The diving with Taz was great( my daughter got her advanced open water certification) while the relaxation at Tamarindo was also superb. If island paradise, away from the crowds is what you seek, this is for you.
Gary & Daughter
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarindo Estates provides twelve 1-BR guest rental apartments on a remarkably virgin 60-acre estate, in the quiet and exclusive Tamarindo beach location, across from Culebra's Marine Reserve. It is nicely secluded, yet a short 5 to 7 minute drive to town, where restaurants, grocery, and other stores are located. The 12 guest apartments afford great views of the ocean while you relax and sit on the apartment's private, covered deck. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tamarindo Estates Beach Cottages Hotel Culebra
- Tamarindo Estates Beach Hotel
- Tamarindo Estates Beach Resort