“To feel the air of Culebra go to Casa Culebra!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hostal Casa Culebra

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Culebra
Hostal Casa Culebra
You added Hostal Casa Culebra to your Saves list
Sector La Romana, E-10 (A) | Calle Amistad, 00775, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #7 of 18 Culebra B&B and Inns
Harrison, New Jersey
“To feel the air of Culebra go to Casa Culebra!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The villas looks amazing. Although we did not stay there the host Zuleyma was very kind and friendly to help us out! Clean bedrooms and bathrooms. Even the guest bathroom is spic and span. Overall an clean and amicable place to stay during your vacation.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
HostalCasaCulebra, General Manager at Hostal Casa Culebra, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Hello! Thank you for your kind review, hope to see you again here at Hostal Casa Culebra.

Happy New Year! Cheers,

Zuleyma & Sylvia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Fajardo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Overall a very good experience. The place has a very good dock that accommodates up to 4 boats. The rooms are suitable and air conditioned. There is a gazebo area equipped with a BBQ and cooking area. The beds could be better but not a deal breaker. Close enough to town to ride in golf carts. I Would recommend the place to family and friends.

• Stayed March 2013
HostalCasaCulebra, Manager at Hostal Casa Culebra, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Hola Sr. Robles!

Every time I get a positive review of our facilities and services makes us feel that we are doing right what we love to do. I am so happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks so much for taking some of your time to review us and also to upload such great pictures. Hope you greet you again soon!

Hasta la proxima!

Zuleyma
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hostal Casa Culebra has small apartments, each with a kitchen/living room and separate bedroom. The larger apartment is nice for a big family. The outdoor cooking area is nice for cookouts with larger groups. Casa Culebra is clean and comfortable. The manager is very pleasant and helpful. I recommend it very highly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Hostal Casa Culebra last week and it was amazing. My brother was also on the island and struggled to find a room in one of the B&B's in the center of 'town'. What he did find was very small and basic.
The advantage of Hostal Casa Culebra is that is is away from the main road (about a 30 minute walk, though not recommended in the heat) so it is nice and peacefull. Zuleyma was lovely and gave us lots of advice.
We were planning on using the taxi service for everything ($3 per person, per ride) but that turned out to be impractical and expensive so we rented a golf buggy, which was great. Zuleyma was able to arrange that for us.
If we are ever in Culebra again, we will definetly return to Hostal Casa Culebra

Room Tip: Apartment 2 is brilliant for 2 people, it has a great view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Have stayed here a few times. It is in a nice spot on the Bay with a dock -- close to town but not too close and it is pretty quiet here. Casa Culebra is great for groups as there is a huge outdoor kitchen with grill, multiple burners and an industrial sink and faucet.
We have a blast here as we like to cook and entertain and chill after a nice day at the beach or snorkeling. Helps to have a golf cart, bike, or jeep if u stay here or in most
places in Culebra - to get to see all the nice beaches and snorkeling spots. The rooms at Casa Culebra are nice and contain unique Puerto Rican art and prints.

• Stayed February 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

From the moment we arrived my boyfriend and I knew we were in heaven. The view, the privacy, the cleanliness, the decor, the ambiance, everything was just breathe taking. The location was perfect and convenient. I recommend this place 100% and can't wait to come back.

• Stayed January 2013
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Hostal Casa Culebra is very cute and it looks jut like it does in the website. However there were a few details once we got there that I wish I would have known before I booked our vacation.

First, it is located at the end of a neighborhood road, so I could hear the neighbors of the house next door talking at night when I was putting my toddler to bed. In other words, the property has a house on each side since it is located in a neighborhood, 5 mins from town. Second, the hotel is located in the mangroes, with a very cute view, but the mosquitoes are a BIG ISSUE, so you would think that they would put screen on all windows and door of the balcony???? but the answer is NO!!! so even though you want to leave the door of the terrace open so you could feel the fresh air coming in, you can't because otherwise the apt will be full of mosquitoes at night...and forget about sleeping with the windows open....because the nice big windows don't have screen either. I also wish that somewhere in the website or when i booked the hotel someone would have told me that there would be no daily clean up of your place, so you are on your own in terms of taking the trash out and keeping the place clean ...on your 'vacation' so that was annoying!! On the other hand the manager of the place was very nice, friendly and helpful and the place is very cute, well kept and has great views. Also, there is no internet in your apt, so if you need to use your computer you need to go to the common areas and be prepared to have a thousand mosquitoes around you and get bit a lot!!!. I think they should provide at least 2 bottles of " off" mosquito repellant when you enter the apt and maybe if they screen all the areas of the apt, the mosquito problem would be bearable and somewhere in their website specify that you do not get " maid service" when you book at hostal casa culebra.

Once I was in the island I wish I would have stayed at a place farther from the noise of the town, the truth is that the hostal is not very quite because it is so close to town and being in the middle of the neighborhood you hear all the noises of the cars driving by the main road. Besides these issues I would say our stay was pleasant and the hotel was clean and since it is kind of new the apt is in good condition so I can not complain about that. And the outside terrace is very big and spacious perfect place for my toddle to play. I hope the owners of the pace read this review and do something about it because if these things were to be fixed hostal casa culebra would get a lot more positive reviews and would be a more pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ZuleymaS, Manager at Hostal Casa Culebra, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Hello and thanks so much for taking some of your time to review our facilities and services. This feedback makes us happy and proud of our work and also makes us want to improve it.

I am sorry that your stay with us did not fulfill your expectations. We are working hard on updating our website with new pictures and other nice things that will be added to our Hostal in this new year 2013. We want all our guests to leave with a great memory of their vacation and our facilities.

As the administrator of Hostal Casa Culebra I always offer to my guests of stays of 3 nights or more, a scheduled general cleaning of their villa including the following: change of bedding, fresh towels, trash and recycling pick-up. Since we do not operate as a regular hotel I understand that not offering a daily housekeeping service could be deceiving. I am on the premises 7 days a week and I am very happy to greet and help my guests on anything in my power to make their stay memorable and pleasant.

Many wishes of health and prosperity on this new year 2013 to you and your beautiful family. We appreciate you for being one our guests. Hope to see you again at Hostal Casa Culebra.

Been to Hostal Casa Culebra? Share your experiences!