“Beware, dislike Americans” 2 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Aguadilla
“Beware, dislike Americans”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Less than pleasant. While it's the only hotel in Aguadilla, it's easy to be fooled to stay here. No hot water, missing toiletries in the bathroom, hallways were full of broken and rusted AC units being repaired. Not even that, if you can manage to call the front desk and actually have them pick up the phone, you're lucky. I had to call 5 times for front desk to pick up. I told them about the hot water and three times they told me someone was on their way to check it but never arrived. They also refused to honor my included breakfast in my rate. I had to literally go to one of their own computers, print up my reservation and take it to the front desk to show them. The lady there scoffed and without even apologizing for her error, said "oh this is proof, now I can give you the breakfast voucher." As if they didn't even know what was included on my reservation. Breakfast is horrible for the price, nothing was cooked right. Even the made-to-order omelets were mysteriously being taken to the back of the kitchen to be made somewhere else. If you look American, expect the locals to be attended to first, it's shocking. I had to get up and get my own coffee and drinks.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Carlos R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Aguadilla, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Mr. James
First of all I want to take this opportunitie to thank you for taking out of your time to express your feelings about your stay in Courtyard by Marriott Agaudilla. I want to offer you a sincere apology for the inconvenance you incountered. I am not happy knowing we did not meet your expectations which is our main goal. It is my responsability to share your comments with the rest of the staff for them to all know what opportunities we have to improve our service for your next visit. Yes I invite you to to give us a second chance to demonstrate you that we did listen to your comments and that we can do it better, no matter who you are or where you come from we will always be there for you.
Feel free to contact me at any time for a future visit I will be more than happy to take personal care of you and your party.
Once again I hope you accept my apology, you and your buisness are very important for us and we want you back.

Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Freeport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Staff was very accommodating and friendly. Pools were the best part of staying here. Ate breakfast and lunch at hotel restaurant. Food ok. Didn't go to casino since I was with my kids. But the live music which can be heard on second floor hallway was "happening". This hotel also has a David's Cookie - delicious but a bit pricey.self parked for $8 a day. Didn't even notice if there were security. This courtyard met my expectation.

• Stayed March 2014
Carlos R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Aguadilla, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Thank you for taking out of your time to answer this service survey. We are happy to know you enjoed your stay with us. Our mission is to make a freind out of our guest, and make sure we meet thiere expectations.
Thankyou for choosing us, and we hope to see you soon again.
Kind regards,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I had a bad experience with the service in this hotel I booked an dinner to celebrate my wedding and things ran very badly. First they never awser the phone. I arrange so they would receive the cake and was their job to put it together but the day of the wedding they didn't know nothing about the arrangement(which I pay) in the kitchen. Then I pay for the waiters to serve the food but no one knew about it. I order four special plates prior to the activity and the did not about it either. The problem wasn't with rhe restaurant it was with the management that they didn't implement the details of the contract that I signed and pay money for that service.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Good Day
Thank you for contacting us on this channel. I will look over your activity and see what occured , for you having to write such a bad review about Courtyard by Marriott Aguadilla. As soon as I have more information I will request the sales department your information so I can contact you directly by phone.
It will be my pleasure to talk to you.

Kind Regards,

Carlos Rosas
Paterson, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Only stood for there for approx. 4 hrs but it was worth it. The staff is very friendly and make u feel very welcome. Very clean hotel and very close from the airport... The room and the hotel in General was very clean. Beautiful swimming pool area..

• Stayed February 2014
Carlos R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Aguadilla, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
First of all, thankyou for taking out of your time to fill out this service survey. Your comments will be shared with the rest of the staff.
We are happy you enjoyed your short stay, and we hope next time you can spend more time with us.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I was celebrating my anniversary so is a great place ti be so quiet and peaceful at the west of the island. The only problem was the food is so far from the hotel and the restaurant is not the best. The pool is an excellent place for little children's

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Carlos R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Aguadilla, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Thank you for taking out of your time to fill out this survey. Your comments are very
Important and very helpfull for us. You as our guest and now part of Courtyard by Marriott
Family are our priority, reason why We want thank you for your buisness and
Hope to see you soon again. Now that you have my email you can contact me at
Any time.
Carolina, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for almost a week. I requested a quiet room in the back building, which they gave me. The room was clean and well stocked. Common areas were clean and there were staff taking good care of these areas.

The front desk staff was very attentive and helpful.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Ocean City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel once a year for the past 5 years while visiting Puerto Rico. I am a Marriott Rewards Platinum member, and have always been made to feel appreciated by the staff. The front desk staff are always very friendly, and as helpful as can be. I have always been given a very nice room. The rooms have been clean, and nicely decorated. On each visit I have eaten in the hotel's restaurant. The food has always been real fresh and tasty. Nice size portions at moderate prices. The hotel also has a large pool area which is well maintained. There is also a nice casino right on the premises. The hotel is also located within minutes of some of the most beautiful beaches in Puerto Rico. Also minutes away is one of the most scenic golf courses on he island. Considering the facilities, and the surrounding area, the pricing at this hotel is extremely reasonable. Great value.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Aguadilla? Share your experiences!