“Interesting Location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Aguadilla
Naples, Florida
“Interesting Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed here on business January 31st and February 1st of this year. The hotel is a remodeled Air Force Hospital which in my opinion is a great use for a former military asset. I found the hotel to be clean and up to Marriott standards. It is located in a hard to find area and you will certainly need directions to locate the hotel. In terms of Aguadilla Hotels, this is in my opinion the best option. I did not experience the noise issues that others complained about and I did enjoy the B52 Bar in the Casino. I would certainly agree with other reviewers that the Breakfast Buffet was an absolute joke and to charge for it is even more laughable. I would skip the hotel breakfast save my money and go to any number of local restaurants for a real breakfast. I would not hesitate to stay here again on future business trips to Aguadilla.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Pasadena, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed here on business recently as I had had terrible experiences with other hotels in the area. Based on the other reviews I was not expecting much. The main building was definitely a hospital in another life. The rooms are still laid out as a hospital. I did not experience the noise issues others have mentioned, even on the 2nd floor. But the water pressure was very light, and the AC very noisy. The bed was very comfortable. The staff was not very friendly at check in or check out. I only used the restaurant for breakfast which is a laughable "buffet". But even getting the check to sign was a 15 minute wait. As I mentioned I have stayed at other hotels in the area, and with all it's faults this hotel is still a better option. But don't expect the typical courtyard you would get on the mainland.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dorado, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I had an amazing experience. We spent almost the entire time at the hotel. The staff was very attentive and the casino had a lot of activities. It's close to the beach and if you play golf it's about 10 minutes away. The restaurant was great. We really enjoyed everything.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I were thrilled to discover this little Courtyard. We were staying in San Juan at the Marriott Stellaris and wanted to do some surfing and scuba diving on the west side of the island. We had a few free nights that were getting ready to expire so we decided to use them at the Aguadilla Courtyard and be closer to our surfing and dive spots. The only reason this review has two stars instead of one is because the stay was FREE. When we tried to check in the front desk had no record of our reservation. We were exhausted after a day of surfing and just wanted to rest but it took almost 45 minutes and separate calls to the Platinum desk to finally get our room. The room seemed fine when we checked in, no obvious issues. Then I tried to take a shower. The shower pull was broken so that I had to jam it up to keep the shower on and even then you could only get half shower/half faucet so the water pressure was awful. We also tried out the hotel restaurant and the food was terrible. I ordered fajitas, which I figured were pretty safe, but I ended up only being able to stomach the tortillas. The first night we quickly learned this hotel was a local hangout. It was SO NOISY. We were on the second floor, but the "street" noise was cranking all night long. I put in ear plugs but even then I was awakened multiple times by loud music and shouting. I must clarify that there isn't much of a street in front of the hotel. What we were hearing all night long was simply noise from the check-in roundabout driveway. It was crazy and the hotel obviously did nothing about it. We called down to the front desk once and were given a "oh, we'll take care of it" answer but the situation never changed.

We surfed again the next day and couldn't wait to get a shower, even the little dribble of a shower we had. When we got back to our room there was no hot water... at all. We called to the front desk and they said they would have someone check on it. They acted like the hot water goes out often. We waited a few hours and then called again. The front desk again said they would call us when it was fixed. They didn't. Finally, nearly four hours later (and no phone call from the front desk) I checked the shower and it was lukewarm. I jumped in before it went out again and took a three minute shower. My husband ended up taking a shower that alternated between scalding hot and freezing cold. That night we had more party noise than before. It was a disaster. We had to leave very early the next morning to catch our dive boat and were bleary-eyed after our restless night. Needless to say, we were DELIGHTED to finally make it back to the Stellaris. Do not stay here expecting a typical Marriott experience. You will not get it.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We wanted to see the area and was a good location. The rooms are typical, clean and reasonably updated. Good wifi, a coffee bar and a nice restaurant. They even had a 2 main course special for $10.00 ea. Chose a shrimp dinner and a sea bass (and sides) that were both delicious. Live singer/guitar player that was fairly good and an attached casino.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I usually take three to four vacations a year. Native of Aguadilla and knowing the area it's spectacular that I go back to the place that I grew up and find a nice place of rest. No need to go to beach front resort. You have about three or four beaches within 5 miles. One of the best one in the Caribbean is called Crash Boat. It's about 10 minute drive. The Location is close to shops, bakeries, banks and as I say the beach. Parking is a flat rate which is a plus. The room are spacious and really clean. The bed is very comfortable and. Having a small casino to go at night is also a plus. The cafe is pretty good but pricy compare to the coffee shops in the area. Aguadilla is known for the beaches, the good food and quietness compare to San Juan.

I will recommend this hotel to anyone.
I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I did.

• Stayed January 2013
Hartford, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This hotel, according to many internet sources, is a renovated military hospital located on the decommissioned Ramey Air Force Base. You definitely get this sense driving to the hotel. I found the employee working at the front door to be a bit brusque. With one car already unloading luggage under the overhang, I tried to park in front, and after I had turned off the ignition and was walking toward the building, he told me I couldn't park there. I had to park in the lot before I checked-in. The lot looks like it requires a ticket or payment, but it does not. It is a large lot.

The hotel is also large. I guess I was fortunate from the noise perspective to get a room at the far end of the adjoining building, but it was difficult getting my luggage there. Wherever I expected there to be a key-accessible entrance, the door was either an alarmed fire door or completely sealed off in plexiglass. The adjoining building had it's own key-card entry. The walk to my room was a long, narrow hallway, reminding me of the building's origins.

Other than the front door man, the staff was reasonably friendly. The restaurant was predictable for the Courtyard Marriott brand. The rooms where the typical Courtyard layout and decor. I only stayed one night, as I much prefer a hotel that is on the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the adjoining building, far from the casino, for a quieter night's sleep. You...