“Dirty, noisy, unsanitary beach, etc...” 1 of 5 stars

Type: Beaches
Attraction Details
Chicago, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
“Dirty, noisy, unsanitary beach, etc...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife and I got to this beach and though the water looked really nice and calm, there was trash all around (including chicken bones, etc.), stray dogs were relieving themselves (#1 and 2 both). People were the tattooed partying youngsters type and I did not even feel with my wife putting her swimsuit on around these people. Suddenly like we were at some trashy spring break beach party location. Luckily, my wife was equally turned off by all of this and we just left in less than 2 minutes. With some cleanup and presence of some kind of a beach patrol or other security type presence this would be a top notch beach. Now it is just an ugly place we will never visit again.

Visited October 2012

“Awesome!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

One of the best beaches in the west side of the island. Encourage every person that goes to PR. To get outside of the metro area and enjoy the rest of the island.

Visited July 2012
Houston, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“Neat place for a scuba dive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I did a solo night dive here. Below the old pier is a really cool dive spot. The water has decent visability of about 20 to 30 feet. The pillars that support the old dock are brimming with lfe. There are colorful Sargent Majors, Tang, Grunts, eels, seahorses and many other animals that are common on must reefs. There is no significant current, but there is swell from the waves, so you have to be careful near the pillars. There are showers at the location where you can rinse your gear. There is some trash on the seabed, but it is not as bad as other beach areas.

Visited September 2012
New York City, New York
23 attraction reviews
“Clear blue waters.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The most clear and warm ocean waters I've seen in PR. I like the palm trees, and the beach. I don't like the atmosphere there , lots of young adults drinking and street dogs walking around . Too loud for my taste. Needs to be clean up. Food venters all around , but not the best of food. Not a family oriented beach. I wouldn,t choose this beach if I had young children with me. I been here several times and I have always seen drunk and I mean drunk acting people.
It's a shame , because the beach it's really nice and clear.

Kennett Square, PA
12 attraction reviews
“Kids loved this for jumping off the pier”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Arrived here early Sunday morning and it was busy with scuba divers. Our 4 teenagers loved jumping off the pier. My husband & I snorkeled (we thought it must be good with the 50-70 scuba divers there..) The snorkeling was not great , but we did see an octupus on the pilings to the right of the pier.

Visited August 2012