“Hated the Cielo Mar” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Cielo Mar

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Aguadilla
Hotel Cielo Mar
You added Hotel Cielo Mar to your Saves list
Avenida Montemar 84, Aguadilla 00603, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Aguadilla
Florida
“Hated the Cielo Mar”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2006

My husband & I stayed at this establishment and would not recommend it . The halls were dirty, the music from the weekend parties were blasting and we could not sleep. The resturant was closed on Saturday even though we had the package deal. The staff made no effort to accomdate our needs. This place needs a great over haul.

Millie
Florida

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Lack of respect
  • Tips/Secrets — Keep away
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Brooklyn, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2005

My husband and I and our 2 kids stayed at Cielo Mar from August 15 - 20th. The hotel was clean and we stayed at the new building. We were told we could get the ocean view room but the day we arrived they were working on installin new A/C's, so they put us in the new building instead. The room was big and clean. Very large bathroom. We were really only in the room at night to sleep and take showers. They had a nice video game room, which the kids utilized. They had a nice pool, but we were never around in the day time to use it. Overall the hotel was nice and we would definitely stay there again because the price was right (approx $83 per night).

• Stayed August 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2005

My husband and I stood here for 4 days and it was beautiful. Im a clean freak and the room was perfect, we had been previously staying at El Guajataca was a disaster the place was terrible. The staff was so nice they had learned about our terrible experience at the other place that they let us check in to our room about 3 hours pior to check in. The staff all speak english which worked out great for us and the restuarant had great food. They have a nice pool and also have wireless internet service and the even have a computer room for the guests to use. I definetly recommend this place to anyone and I would stay here again. What is also great is that the airport in Aguadilla is literally five minutes away, alot of people dont know that this airport has major Airline companies flying in there like Jet Blue. Also you have Ramey base within minutes from here. It's very easy to get to from the major highway #2. And parking is free, not like some other places who charge an additional fee for parking. You have Crash boat beach within minutes. Overall this place is great!!!!

• Stayed June 2005
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2005

The rooms are very small and services are practically non-existant. After 2 days they finally fixed the beds...The dining facility was only operating on weekends, if there were enough guests in the hotel. Currently there is construction going on in the pool area. Unfortunately the noise starts at 7 am, someone forgot to tell management that guests sleep past early morning. You definately need a car because there's nothing within walking distance.
There are better hotels in Aguadilla but they lack the ocean view. However, the view isn't worth the construction noise and poor services.

Stayed April 2005
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2005

We arrived at Cielo Mar on Jan 27 and check-in went smoothly. Bilingual staff was friendly & helpful. We were given a huge, beautiful modern room with big bathroom and brand new mini-fridge. The only disappointment was that my husband wanted an area for studying, and there was not much lighting in the room, no desk & no balcony. So I requested a room with a balcony, and got a room that was like stepping back in time 20 years. Tiny room, tiny bathroom with no counter space & rusted out fridge. But it did have a tiny balcony & a view, so we kept it. Bring your own hair dryer. Hotel also has a game room with pool table & vending machines. There is an ice machine that requires 25-cents for ice. We were generally given one bath towel, and always had to ask for more. Eventually I raided the towel closet on my own. Even had to ask housekeeping for plastic cups. Although it's on the ocean, there is no beach access at the hotel. Crash Boat beach is a 5-minute drive down the road. The hotel's outdoor restaurant has a beautiful view. We ate there one night...hubby had mahi-mahi which was salty & fishy tasting, I had stuffed chicken (which clearly was Sam's Club chicken cordon bleu, but tasted good). Beans & rice were good. We both had a side of mixed vegetables which were ice cold. Asked to have them replaced & got them luke warm the second time. The restaurant was virtually dead every night during our 4-night stay--not surprised. Watch the sunset there, and then drive to Rincon to the Lazy Parrot for a much better meal. We didn't use the pool, but it looked good. There is also a kid's pool. No jacuzzi. The Cielo Mar is like a palace compared to the rest of Aguadilla, but still not to the standard I was expecting.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2004

The view from the bar is heaven sent. The staff was helpful and friendly. I would definitely recommend it to anyone and I look forward to returning.

Napavine, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2004

We had a third story room that cost us $70. The hotel is located just above the coastline. Our room (as do most of their rooms) had a small balcony with two chairs and a small table that overlooked the ocean. It was an outstanding view, especially at sunset. The room was very clean and of an adequate size for my wife and me. It had a TV and air conditioning. There was also a nice looking on-site restaurant (although we didn't eat there) and a very nice swimming pool. I highly recommend it. You can't beat the value. The view alone was worth the money.

Been to Hotel Cielo Mar? Share your experiences!