“Piece of junk hotel.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Cielo Mar

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Aguadilla
Hotel Cielo Mar
You added Hotel Cielo Mar to your Saves list
Avenida Montemar 84, Aguadilla 00603, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Aguadilla
“Piece of junk hotel.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Very bad customer services, refrigerator falling in pieces, bathroom with mild, lamp not function, dirty floor, dirty blanket, vintage tv. I'm in the third floors not elevator, dirty walls and pillows.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Mayaguez
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My son's Mothers Day Gift. I like in a near city but need to relax. This not the place. Services need an upgrade as do the Place. There are no care for detials. Room: Terrible ! Bar: Terrible: People: Very Friendly !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

4 years ago I had a wonderful time al the hotel, so I decided to make a reservation. What a bad choice ... The room was dirty, the bathroom was moldy, the fridge was falling apart. the wallways were dark and dirty. The only good a found was the bartender an old and gentle man. Could only stay for an Hour and made check out. Very sad for P.R. Turism.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
San Juan, null, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This place is dirty, bad service, no customer service at all. Rooms are a nightmare. DIRT everywhere... Puerto Rico have great hotels in this area like Marriott, Rincon of the Seas, Holliday Inn and casino, and many great hotels to stay. Don't waste your money and vacations in this place. We made check in at 10pm and made the check out at 10:30 pm the same night, and stayed in Marriott that is a beautiful hotel and great service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband mothersday gift and it wasn't that bad... After i read all the other review i was going to freakout... but everything was good, not excelent but it wasn,t bad at all... pool nice, very clean the food was too expensive so we had to go outside to eat but average it was good!!

• Stayed May 2013
Carolina, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is a few months late but i just have to share this experience. The location of this "hotel" is horrible, its hidden and does not have much life to it. Upon arrival the front desk agent was not helpfull at all. My husband and i wanted a nice getaway so we opt for the ocean view...What ocean view???? They have this broken down building blocking the view, the pool looked disgusting and when we went down to see if we could change rooms the man said no rooms were open when i could clearly see 4 to 5 rooms available (i am a front desk agent) so had to be stuck in that crappy room..I wouldnt return even if it was free but the saddiest part is that this hotel has so much potencial...well hope this helps

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

After reading some reviews about this hotel I was just about to cancel. I went with my 2 kids my sister and my neice which is 3 years old. Check in was great, I am sorry about not getting the names of the employees but atleast the lady who checked us in was very nice, she asked me the ages of the guests, and when she saw my neice was so small she didn't charge me for the extra person staying in the room, and also told us we could bring an inflatable mattress. Since we didn't have a pump to fill it up we went to the nearest tire service station and they filled it up for us. In the PM, I ask the guy at the counter if I can bring in the mattress already inflated ( question I had forgot to ask ) and he started to ask many questions that what room was it, how many people were going to stay, how old were each person ect. in a very nasty way, when he noticed that I wasn't charged for the extra person he said that I had to pay if not the extra person could not stay! So YES I had to pay almost $50 more for a 3 year old at 8pm!!!

Other than that, we had a nice time, our room had a balcony with obstructed ocean view (some building was under construction but never finished ) So that took away some of the beautiful view. We did not eat at the restaurant, but the food sure smelt good. It was great that there is a Fridge in the room, we took snacks water and soda. A super plus for me was that all kinds of fast foods and restaurants are very close by. Drinks and coffee at the bar are very expensive.

I wasn't told I had to take towels for the pool but thank god I did because there are no towels at the pool. Nor any supervision or lifeguards. Pool was supposed to be open at 9am, but we always had to wait for atleast 20 min for the pool to be finished cleaning. Chlorine was so strong it stained my clothing.

Other than all of this negativity, The kids had a great time that is the most important part for me.
Would I go back? Yes, only if it is a trip with the kids again. Not good at all for couples.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Cielo Mar? Share your experiences!