“Most amazing vacation!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pestana Cayo Coco Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayo Coco
Pestana Cayo Coco Beach Resort
You added Pestana Cayo Coco Beach Resort to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera a Cayo Guillermo, Km 9, 69400, Cuba   |
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Cayo Coco
Barrie, Canada
“Most amazing vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My daughter (teenager) and I had an amazing time at this resort and would highly recommend to others. What was important to us in a resort was beautiful beach and great service, and we had both at Pestana. All employees in this resort made our stay exceptional with great positive attitude and smiles all around! Modern hotel with great rooms that were fully equipped with everything we needed... being one of the newest hotels in Cayo Coco was also great! We loved it so much that we are definitely going to return here by end of this year. I would highly recommend it and will not be surprised when the ranking for this hotel increases very soon. As a side note, there is a large dance club being built in Cayo Coco to service all resorts, which is going to be walking distance from Pestana....the estimated time of completion is said to be at the end of 2014.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
MarketingCcs, Director General at Pestana Cayo Coco Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Irmina K:

I really appreciate your comments and highlight that the hotel is the newest in Cayo Coco and everything works fine, but more important is the service that our employees always provide with a smile as you mentioned it. I see you also like the beach, as you say we will be top-ranked when more people know us and write about our service.
We will wait for you at the end of the year, with the same smiles.

Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I have been coming to Cuba for the last fifteen years, this is the most beautiful resort with the worst food, service and beach. On my fourth night I was told from a female barista (evening service) that I drank too much white wine (you know who you are and only made me ask for more!!!). Who is managing this place!!!! While we were waiting for the bus to transfer us to the airport (that forgot to pick us up) we were constantly asked, when will you return. This is the first time I lost weight on a vacation!! (Usually gain 5 pounds in a week). Honestly beautiful resort but that is all and someone really needs to manage this place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
MarketingCcs, Director General at Pestana Cayo Coco Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear autumnblaze4:
Sorry to hear you do not enjoy your holiday, because the subject of food, I think it has affected us the low occupancy, but the variety is an issue that we will continue to work, I am always on site and I am always available to guests, are very easy way to identify me I am with an orange shirt and customers come up to me and commented that they like and actions are taken normally.
Well I should encourage people to talk more to me.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

My husband and I just came back from Pestana Cayo Coco for the second time and we had a wonderful trip once again. The hotel just opened in August 2013 and everything still feels new and clean. Though the hotel was quite empty (40-50 guests) due to in-between seasons, we were well taken care of and they didn't scrimp on food or services. Even gave us a bottle of rum cuz we were return customers. Customer service called us every second day to ask if we had any suggestions to better service or if we had any complaints. It was nice to see some of the same staff still there from last time (Liuba from entertainment, DorisLady from the main bar) Always with big smiles to greet us and time to chat a little and serve great cappuccinos and cocktails. Julianna in the restaurant holds a warm spot in our hearts and the blonde young lady in the buffet who's name I forgot to write down, gave very attentive service to every meal and reserved a table nicely set with flowers.
The airport is very well organized and goes very quickly. Hotel Reception check-in and out very speedy as well. The bus ride from the airport only 15-20 minutes even with passenger drop-offs. The beach is very pretty with sufficient shade/umbrellas and lots of chairs.
Though we paid a lower price than in fall, strongly suggest to wait until last minute for booking for early June cuz the prices came down even lower. In fall the situation is quite different.
Suggest to buy all souvenirs, cigars and alcohol at the airport cuz the choice is very varied and the best prices. The hotel had good prices but not as much choice.
The resort is not gigantic which for us is a very big plus cuz everything is close at hand.
We recommend this hotel for really getting your money's worth and a relaxing, nice time. It is a reliable and solid 4 star hotel that we will visit again in the future.

Room Tip: Last time we had a garden view in Building #1 and it was very pretty. This time we were on the thir...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
MarketingCcs, Director General at Pestana Cayo Coco Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Terry H:
I appreciate the choose again our hotel for your vacation, and so we treat our repeaters, the same smiles and dedicated service and excellent. Thanks for recommending us and we promise that we will work on keeping in good conditions the hotel as possible. the beach is beautiful and the variety of colors. I will give your greetings to Liuba, Dorislady, Juliana, and Saily who are always very friendly and smiling.
Thanks for recommending us and we want you to return in the future, we will wait you with our smile and desire to serve.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

There are not enough words to describe how hard and how far the staff go to make your holiday memorable,, This was my 2nd trip here and I will be back in November. A personal shout out to my Cuban friends who have fast become family,, Yoenia and Geissy for their outstanding customer service,,, ( all the little things,, thank you) my day time bartender in the lobby,, love to you and your family for your morning smiles and cappuccino! Jose and Mary,, front desk girls always cheerful smiles/laughs, the hugs in the dining room from my girls accompanied by the wonderful service!
The dance crew especially Joe S and Luba. for the laughs and hugs..

Last but not least,, the wonderful host and general manager Luis. I have visited many resorts thru business and travel purposes,, it is so apparent your commitment/hard work and the heart you put in each day,, Thank you,, I always leave a piece of my heart when I go, take good care and see you in November! Melanie and Kelly

Room Tip: Value, bungalows are breathtaking oceanfront , worth the extra minimal charge,, staff is outstanding...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Kellyluvscuba:
We will remember you highly and talk about your education and friendliness. Each day you said hello to everybody, I think the best way to answer that is with a friendly smile and effort to serve the best possible way from our staff.
Thanks for coming back and we will be waiting for you in November with the whole family.
I will give your regards to Yoenia, Geissy, Joe, Liuba, Gustavo, etc.., Thanks for your kindness and see you in November.

Brockville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Had a great two week trip there. Hotel quite new, so one of the reasons for staying there.
Food was pretty good, though by the end of two weeks was repetitive, would have been nice to have had more off resort options, but the island reclusiveness is one of the reasons for going there so not bothered by peddlers.
Resort in pretty good shape, though you can see where some of the made in China items (ie. coat hangers, toilet components) fall apart.
Found the supper sitting at the buffet to be a rather late start - a little late to digest your meal be retiring. I'd rather a 5:30 or so start for supper.
Not to mention the show start time - being in early 50's and a day of fresh air and sun, I'd rather be in the lobby winding down with a night cap by then.
For about 3 CUC, a bottle of chocolate liquor from the store goes just perfect with a coffee on the balcony in the morning - can't beat those memories. Especially since we fortunate to get moved to a third floor ocean view, couldn’t thank them enough.
Room in great shape, but already showing some wear. Things not built as durable as they used to be. The washroom was nice and modern, but reeeeeaaaallllyyy would have rather had a walk in shower. Anyone with mobility issues going to have a problem, a potential neck breaker if slipping when getting in and out into such a high set tub. I think the resort is really going to regret having them, I can see a lot of water problems getting in under the tile and tub in the future.
Having to refill water bottles in room a right pain - really should have an open water dispenser at the bar to get your own water (or even beer!!!....yeahhhh....)
Beach was wonderful, yeah some coral, but really you should take beach shoes anyhow - you never know what is under there.
Being fair skinned, shade on the beach is important for me, not to mention when I look at a number of sun worshipping 50 year olds at work at home here (uggghhhh). The usual towel games on the chairs (though this time a first, someone had chained the chairs and towels to the palpaya - they course still hadn't showed up at 4 PM when we left), though I usually getting aggravated by this as I prefer to not participate, was actually better in the end. With the brush lining the beach, lots of shade under them, plus don't have to move the chair to follow the shade every 20 minutes. I really recommend they clear out the under growth, deadfall, and thin out the brush lining the beach. They did that next door in the resort next door's diamond section, what a perfect area to relax in, plus a great way to add a ton more shade spots and minimize the towel battles.
As usual, the beds were hard a rock, but just ask for the maids for a couple extra blankets, fold them over for extra padding under you in the bed, and not an issue anymore.
Would I go again, maybe - found that 95% of the other tourists in the resort were 'non-English speaking', so much more limited socializing.

Room Tip: High floor ocean view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SnowCanuck:
I appreciate your review of the hotel and in two weeks you felt right, it is a new property, food good, your comment is true that most furniture is made in china, but it is the country's best known trade, because the embargo. About water bottle if you request we provide daily. There is access to the beach without coral, but the coral made up a different world of fish and inhabitants of the sea.
About the shade palapas we are changing them and we are controlling to reserve chairs.
Thanks for coming and we hope you come back and you can be sure you will find more English speaking guests, it is usual to have.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Very clean very nice weather lovely beach very friendly people
Had met a lot of friendly people .... Certainly going back again because all inclusive is excellent!!!! Probably going back early Next year !

• Stayed April 2014
MarketingCcs, Director General at Pestana Cayo Coco Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear Pia A:
Thanks for wrote your comments and I agree with your point of view about our staff that are very friendly and they just want you to feel good, well serve. You like the hotel and you could enjoy it.
Here we hope you to return soon to enjoy a relaxing holiday with us.

Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stayed at Pestana from April 16th to 23rd with our two children (ages 4 & 7) and my wife's parents in an adjoining room. This was our second trip to Cayo Coco. We booked a suite (building 6, room 6207) and were extremely pleased with it. We would definitely pay the extra money for a suite again. The room was large, beautiful, and very clean. It had two TV's, a walk-in closet, separate bedroom, living room/sitting area, dual sinks, glass shower, whirlpool tub and large deck with wooden furniture....air conditioning worked wonderfully as well. Cleaning staff did a great job of keeping it tidy daily.

We found the staff at the resort to be very friendly, professional, and polite. Service was better than previous resorts that we have visited and was always provided with a smile. We did tip, but never felt obligated to.

As far as a few standouts... Our little girl (age 4) made friends with Diane (Martinez) at the buffet, who always went out of her way to make her feel special whenever she saw her. It meant alot to us and made what can become a repetitive trip to the buffet, one of the highlights of our day, she will always hold a special place in our hearts. The grounds keeper with the bird was also very kind to us and made little grasshoppers out of vegetation and gave them to our children as well, which they really enjoyed. I'd also like to mention Pinky, one of the entertainment staff at the pool, who (I'm fairly certain) let me beat her at a game of mini golf one day, she made our time around the pool more entertaining. Lastly, we had the privilege of meeting the wife and young son of Dennis, a member of the security staff on the beach. They were very nice people and we will always remember them.

As for the food, we found the buffet to be standard fare, somewhat repetitive, but in-line with other resorts we have visited. We really enjoyed The Grill at lunch time, we wished we had noticed it earlier in the week. The 24hr bar has the best Spanish coffee, hands-down, especially in the morning. Overall, we found the best drinks were at the main lobby bar. We had the opportunity to experience the Cuban and the Mediterranean a la cartes. Both were good and the service was very quick.. we did, however, prefer the Cuban one.

To sum it up, we loved Pestana and would definitely go back again. It is a great resort for families. We always felt respected, valued, and safe. It was the perfect size for what we were looking for and has the proper amount of bars/restaurants and staff. The resort could use a larger gift shop and possibly a disco for night activities, those would be my only two suggestions.

P.S. - Diane, Leah says "Hi".

Travis

Room Tip: Building 6, suite 6207 (beautiful).
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Travis A:
I appreciate your comment and for highlighting how good it was your suite for the price you paid, the work of your maid was good and the room always had very clean, Diane the waitress in the restaurant was excellent and made you to return to every day and she loved your children, Thanks for mentioned Pinky from animation team, she is really a woman of great joy and transmitted. The hotel staff is a very strong asset that we have and I'm glad you find here our service better than the other hotels you visited before. Our employees work hard not waiting for a tip they just want to be friendly and want to have friends during your stay.
Thanks for recommending us and want to come back, We wish you visit us again and we can pamper you as we do in Pestana.

Director.

Been to Pestana Cayo Coco Beach Resort? Share your experiences!