“I am still loving the Tryp!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tryp Cayo Coco

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayo Coco
Tryp Cayo Coco
You added Tryp Cayo Coco to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Ave. Los Hoteles, 1300, Cuba   |
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Cayo Coco
Montreal, Canada
“I am still loving the Tryp!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I just returned from another wonderful stay at the Tryp and, once again, I didn't make any mistake by choosing the Tryp to spend my so deserved vacation time! I stopped counting my visits there but time after time I am always amazed by the quality of the service offered at the Tryp and it seems that a lot of people think the same way as I saw there this time again several familiar faces of other regular guests!

The attention upon arrival was as usual very pleasant and efficient and my holiday could start right away by hugging friends and having a little welcome drink (which in fact was a pretty good coffee)!

I had not been there since December 2011 and was positively surprised by some changes made in the resort over the last year. I was pretty happy to see more light at night in the paths to the buildings, to realize that the odour problem from the lagoon had been solved, that there are better indications to find the way to restaurants and buildings (not important to me as I know the resort very well but good for new guests!), and other alike improvements.

Some of the menus of the à la carte restaurants were changed since my last visit and I was not disappointed at all! My favourite restaurant had always been the oriental and I found it improved this time and that made me even happier! The service was excellent in all restaurants and at the buffet, very professional, attentive and efficient. Eventhough I don't drink much, I saw a wide variety of drinks and cocktails being offered at all bars.

As usual also, the resort was maintained very clean and the gardens were pretty good looking. The beach is still wonderful, with enough room for everybody on sunny days.

I had no problems in my room, my bed was comfy, lights, air conditioning, shower, toilet and mini fridge working properly and the maid always did an excellent work.

My only complaint: time flies too fast while being there... I wish I could have stayed longer! :)

I will not hesitate to go visit this resort again when I'll be in need of sun, beach, palm trees and cuban friendship!

Hugs and kisses to everybody at the Tryp! :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
ManagerTrypCayoCoco, Director General at Tryp Cayo Coco, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to write your comments here and your loyalty as well. We are glad knowing that you have enjoyed once again your recent visit. Hope to meet you here again very soon.

Tryp Cayo Coco Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,002)
Stafford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed at the Tryp Cayo Coco in March 2012. After reading negative views on here I thought I would post a long overdue review. OK the hotel is a little tired but you are in Cuba and it is difficult to get anything done with an embargo.

We had emailed in advance and booked a suite and were allocated Room 1468. This is a very spacious suite and after a few minor hiccups (safe wasn't working and had to wait a while for this to be sorted out) we were able to enjoy our holiday. n

The Room

As I said this was extremely spacious and well maintained. This room has been renovated and does not have the green bathrooms as in other rooms. The whirlpool bath does not work but believe this is a technical issue in each of the suites. There is also a fabulous sea view that you never tire of. It cost an extra 70 CUC per day but the fridge was stocked with soft drinks and beers, you receive a bottle of rum on arrival and can arrange for a continental breakfast each morning through Client Services. You are also able to book the A La Carte restaurants and get lobster free in the International Restaurant. It is well maintained daily by the maid who is extremely friendly and works very hard to keep everything clean and tidy.

The Food

The food in the buffet restaurant is fine - a wide range of different meals each day and food is constantly being freshly prepared on each of the stations. OK it can be a little repetitive but you eat the same foods at home each week so no different really. The omelettes in the morning are very good and plenty of fresh fruit, salad, bread and crepes in the morning along with cooked breakfast. We have stayed all inclusive in many places in the world and haven't seen so many food stations freshly preparing food before.
During lunch go down to the pizzeria on the beach as it is very good although you may not need breakfast as you get a full pizza each.
We did not get chance to sample all of the A La Carte restaurants as my husband particularly enjoyed the food in the Interational and the lobster was superb. We also tried the steak house and this was good also but watch out for the mosquitos.
In the evening in the reception area there are several small stands that have candy floss, burritos.

The Beach
Fabulous. Absolutely gorgeous white sand which is maintained to a high standard. The tractors go out in the morning and rake over the sands to remove seaweed and it is kept clean and tidy. There are also plenty of activities going on that you can book on the beach or take a walk along the bay. The sea is lovely and warm and clear. I am not one for swimming in the sea but was in it every day as it is fairly shallow. Sunbeds are available however become harder to gain the later in the day you go down as with any other holiday destination.

The Staff
The staff are very friendly and Client Services are extremely helpful (hello Rosa - see you again soon!) The bars in the reception area do get extremely busy in the evenings and you can wait a while for a drink however they do their best. The Hotel Manager Alberto was always around and checking to see that everything is up to standard. He also arranges a meeting with the customers to check everything is OK.

Trips
We took a day trip to Havana. This was a very long drive (8 hours each way) and is done over 3 days. Havana is fantastic and we really enjoyed this trip despite the long distance travelling. You also get time to visit Che memorial and Ernest Hemmingway Hotel. Very good if you want to discover the history of Cuba and experience the mainland.

Overall we had a fantastic holiday and have booked to go back to stay back in the suite again on 1st March 2013. We have stayed many places in the world but this hotel offers great value for money and this is the first time we have returned back somewhere the following year! We are looking forward to seeing you all again soon!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 1468 which is a suite on a third floor far away from the main building and in tota...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagerTrypCayoCoco, Director General at Tryp Cayo Coco, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

It has been very nice to read your comments on this site and to know that you had fantastic holiday last time and that you are planning to come back again next March. Hope to meet you here in March. Happy New Year!!!

Dorset, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Our stay was very nice. The buffet meals were very good and a large variety of different foods to choose from. The ala carte restaurants were excellant for the food and service. Our room was cleaned daily. The bathrooms do need to be up dated, they are very worn but they did work. I did notice that one of the buildings was being repaired and it did look like a big renovation. The beach was excellant and we would go again to relax and be by the ocean. Our trip was from Nov. 28th to Dec. 5th. weather was great but very windy. Hope to go again in 2013.

Room Tip: ground floor or second floor would have been better for us because of the stair climbing, we are in...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time and your comments here. They are very helpful and give us always opportunities for improvements. Hope to see you here in 2013. Happy New Year!!!

oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

we had a lovely time at the tryp , basic rooms but very clean , food in all the restaurants good and an amazing beech but what makes me return here is the wonderful staff that do everything to make your stay enjoyable . we will return here again in the future .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time and hope to see you here again very soon. Happy New Year!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The beach was amazing the employees was very nice they kept the guests entertained with fashion shows, dances for the kids and adults and plays. My mom and I are planning on coming back with the whole family . We are very pleased with the service we got from Tryp Cayo Coco.

• Stayed December 2012
ManagerTrypCayoCoco, Director General at Tryp Cayo Coco, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear customer,
Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your stay in our hotel.
We are happy to read that you on the overall you enjoyed our service and hotel.
We hope to see you back soon in the Tryp Hotel!

Tryp Hotel
London, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The destiniation was beautiful, but it was so unsanitary, but the teenagers are the worst. They drink, smoke, and party all day, all night, and no one does anything about it. Even though the employees are very welcoming, I couldn't escape the fact that there were so many teenagers swarming around, the plumbing was terrible because of how out of date the place was, and I was then constipated for a month afterwards. The only reason I am not giving it a one is because the employees were incredibly nice. With a few ground rules and renovations, I can see that place being great.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We sincerely respect your opinion but this last March was much better than previous although we had teenagers. Other guests also saw this. Also you can come other times of the year and you will not be coincidence with this groups of guests. Hope to see you again here another time and you will have a different experience.

Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The treatment by management of returning guests is excellent and much appreciated. Special mention for the great services of Ricardo Gomez Carro who goes out of his way to see that all guests are comfortable. The service in all areas of the resort were exceptional. The food in the buffet and the ala carte restaurants were satisfactory. The opportunity to visit the two sister resorts for lunch & refreshments is a nice change.Beautiful beach lots of chairs, snack bar & drinks.
Will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Close to the pool choose building 3. If you want a quiet area building 11.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for your time to write your comments. It is always nice to know that regular guest are satisfied with the Hotel services and more over that you experience the changes we are always doing to make our guests feel better and better. Hope to see gain very soon. Happy New Year 2013!!!

Tryp Cayo Coco Hotel

Been to Tryp Cayo Coco? Share your experiences!