“Good resort for the price!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Mojito

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayo Coco
Iberostar Mojito
You added Iberostar Mojito to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jardines del Rey | Jardines del Rey, Ciego de Avila, 69400, Cuba (Formerly Hotel La Laguna)   |
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Cayo Coco
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Good resort for the price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

I didn't go this resort recently, but thought I should share my experience since I've been reading other reviews. I went august 2009, for one week. I went with my friends (4 girls and my self all 23 yrs of age). It is more of a family resort, but there were singles here and there. The food was fantastic. The a la cartes were amazing. Lobster bisque at the seafood rest!!!! There was always enough eat and if you're not pickey, they had ham and cheese sandwiches after 2am!!! I DO recommend going to the cave!!!! Won't regret it! You'll meet people from other hotels and locals. We paid 685 with tax, booked in may for august. Preaty good considering what we got. This is a 3 star resort, with 4 star treatment:) totally recommend!!!

• Stayed August 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

We went to Cuba over our February Reading Week and had an amazing time!!

Beach - Beautiful!! White sandy beaches and shallow blue water. Never had a difficult time finding a chair. Lots of free beach activities including dance lessons, volleyball, kayaking, paddle boating, and catamaran rides (these were dependent on the wind though and were only open 2 days we were there). The catamaran was definitely a highlight for us - it was free and we had our own guide for half an hour. The weather was amazing when we were there in late February.

Pools - Great!! One adult only pool, another family friendly one with more activities like aqua size... swim up bars great.

Room - Clean and safe. The walls were kind of thin though. Had to strategize shower times to ensure good water pressure.

Restaurants - Buffet was good but kind of repetitive. We went to three a la carte restaurants - the Steakhouse, the Italian, and the Cuban. The Cuban one was the best. Recommend don't eat fresh vegetables as someone in our group got ill one night. We had to wait in line about an hour to sign up for the a la carte restaurants so it is recommended that you line up early in the morning. You can sign up for all three at the same time.

Excursions - The only excursion we did was snorkeling off the glass bottom boat for 20 pesos which was a great deal. Lots of fish. They provide the equipment. We had a great time!! We also went biking for free and saw wild horses which was neat.

Shows - The same dance team performed every night. Very talented group but the acts became predictable. The nightclub was fun with good music!!

Internet was an hour for 6 pesos. Also it is a good idea to bring a power adapter. The shuttles were really easy and fast coming and going from the airport! Free champagne on the flight there too.

All in all, we had an amazing time and would definitely go back!!! The best part was the beach and the sun!!! We miss it a lot!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

My daughter and her daughter were there last month and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The rooms were clean and we loved the pools. It was a short walk to the beach. We found all the people that worked there were very friendly. I know i will return again. While i know some people complain about the food, i'm sure you can find something that will satisfy you. Bring lots of snacks of your own, just in case.

Stayed February 2011
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

Let me start off by saying this resort is not the top resort in cayo coco but it is fine for what you pay. The rooms are alright but the hotel just got new owners who are renovating and doing alot of repair work to the resort and in a year or two i would think it would be alot better. The cleanliness was alright but at the time we had 2 school groups drinking everywhere and it was a little dirty as well as most public washroom stalls do not have toillet paper so if your room is close to where you are i suggest you use that. The service is great just remember to tip a little bit, Alec at the pool bar is great :D ... Location great, beach beautiful The food at the resort is alright and keep in mind its cuba so you are not going to get top food. Buffet doesnt really change so i suggest you try some of the a la carte. For lunch we usually did the la serena bar which was pretty good (pizza, sandwiches). If you want faster serviec you should go to the Las Dunas snack bar across from the cigar lounge (less people, faster service, better food). I think the sleep could have been much better if we didnt have alot of teenagers partying but thats alright. We did the catamaran trip and it was really good, do the full day. Remember that everything there is in pesos which you can exchange at the front desk usually 1 canadian dollar = .85 cuban pesos. Bring alot of extra cash but only exchange as needed. remember departure tax os $25 cuban pesos per person, Pretty good resort i would suggest it

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Delson, Quebec
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

Loved the place, cozy, intimate, clean, good food, great service, loved the staff. The entertainement is awesome compared to a Varadero hotel i've been to. Was there last january, would love to be there again....now

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

So Just got back a few weeks ago from the trip.
Me and my boyfriend had a blast! The other reviews that are negative are being wayy to harsh on the resort and on Cuba. You will like it if you dont get too picky/posh and if you just relax about small details.
First things first, Reception was fast and fine. The attendant we had could speak english very well. The resort was huge and they offered a few golf carts to take you to your room, if you wanted to wait for them.. Me and my boyfriend didnt wait, and we got lost.. Fortunately we found our way thanks to a nice couple.

Our room was simple and clean. The first night we didnt have a water bottle in the fridge but the next morning I left a note to have water and the maid left one, sometimes two for us all the other days. The beds were comfy, not too hard as a few other people had stated. I always slept really well on them. In the mornings though around 8 there would be grounds keepers shouting about to each other and woke us up before we wanted to, but Hey its Cuba, you can sleep on the beach.

Buffet was simple and repetitive, but it was decent. The cooks were there to make what you wanted, and that was always really yummy, but long lines to compete with. I often did not wait and just got regular buffet.
The best food was at the A la Cartes. We went to the Cuban and Italien and Steakhouse. The Italian and Steakhouse were the best. The food was amazing!!! Super tasty and very good quality and service was good. We had free wine for our dinner and they kept coming to refill our glasses (very wonderful). The Cuban was pretty good, but our last choice. I would recommend trying the other ones before that one.

The Beach was awesome!!! It was soo beautiful. Ive never seen a nicer beach. It was amazing! There was a lot of wind though and sometimes it was pretty chilly and that would be my only complaint for the beach but that wasnt the hotels fault.

There are 3 pools. Our favourite was the one that was on the farther end of the resort, far from the main area. It was very colourful and had a pool bar. It was less quiet than the main pool and more happening than the small cramped adults only pool. We made the trek everyday to the other one.

Bars: There were a crazy amount of bars including two pool bars. We liked all of them, Especially the cigar bar at night. They had the best and most yummy drinks. We had pina coladas and we watched the bartender put on a show for us while he was making us our drinks it was excellent. As well the live music was a nice touch.

The main areas, the common areas were a bit less clean. The bathrooms in the main areas were pretty gross most of the time and had this smell that just never went away. A lot of the toilets didnt flush or was missing toilet paper, so thats my only complaint about the main part of the resort. The bathrooms were gross and took away from the quality of the hotel. But our room as I said was simple and clean.

Although the resort was like 30% closed... You barely notice... Its a MASSIVE MASSIVE resort. Like 3 resorts in one. The property is huge and I don't know how they ever filled it up at one time. It seems impossible. But there were still a lot of people and it was never a problem. I didnt even notice that some things were closed.. We never ran out of different things to do and different places to go and to try.

My only complaint that would make me hesitate to go back but was not at all the hotels fault. Was the weather. I have been to Cuba before 2 times and this time was the worst weather. I had never been to Cayo Coco before and I dont know if I will go back. Late February, it is cold.. At night we had to wear sweaters and sometimes long pants. And in the morning with the wind, it was pretty chilly. One or two days the sun didnt show up at all, and it was hard to get into your bathing suit.. It was really windy and the wind was cold.

All in all minus the weather and minus the gross bathrooms, me and my boyfriend had a blast and we thought very highly of our trip and our time in Cuba. I recommend going to this hotel

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

This was the first time that my husband and I travelled to Cuba and it was thoroughly enjoying. We relaxed, we drank, we swam and we took in some local sites. I would especially recommend the Catamaran trip. We had read reviews that the food was not good but this was not the case. We found that the buffet had something different everyday and the a la cartes, especially the Cuban, was very good and the service was excellent. The only exception to this was the Seafood restaurant at the resort. The server we had at the Seafood restaurant was unsatisfactory. Also, you should try to find the cigar bar. They had excellent live entertainment every night and the service was excellent (thanks Freddy).

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Iberostar Mojito? Share your experiences!