“First trip ever down south” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Memories Flamenco Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayo Coco
Memories Flamenco Beach Resort
You added Memories Flamenco Beach Resort to your Saves list
Jardines del Rey, Cuba   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Cayo Coco
Edmonton, Alberta
“First trip ever down south”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect. I was in Mexico when I was 12 (I'm 30 now). I went in January, and I must say overall I don't have bad things to say. I chose this resort because of the price.

The beach - GORGEOUS, absolutely stunning.

The food - was ok (the pizza's at supper are super yummy) but from what other people were saying, it was on par with cuban resort food

The hotel room - was nice, updated. Our cleaning lady was very nice, but the service times were sporatic (the first night we got there, room wasn't cleaned until 8pm) but she always did a very good job at cleaning. The biggest complaint I had was that the bed is super hard, very very hard. Not very good sleeps for hubby and I. And they had nothing to offer us to help with the stiffness of the bed, which was a bit unfortunate.

The staff - I found they were all super nice. They were short staffed in the main buffet. But if you are patient they will come, and they are very nice and helpful.

We only did 2 excursions, the day trip into town and the swimming with the dolphins. Both well worth the money in my opinion.

If you are not a patient person, don't go to Cuba. They run on "cuban time", which can sometimes be a bit of a wait (one trip the bus was an hour late). But the people in Cuba are SO nice and SO easy to talk to. I love it!

Room Tip: I was in bldg #9, If you want quiet at night, go to bldg 8, 9 or 10. They're all at the back of...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Memories_Flamenco, Director General at Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Melissa M,

Thank you for trust in our company Memories beach resorts and thank you for choosing our resort in Cayo Coco, Memories Flamenco.

We have shared your review with all the Memories flamenco´s family, and we would like to have the opportunity to see you again.

Director General I General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (966)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have been to Cuba many times and this was by far my favourite resort. It is a newer resort so of course everything is fresh and clean.

The staff are very friendly and welcoming from your arrival to your depature, making your stay very enjoyable. They seem to be genuinely interested in making your stay a good one.

The only issue I would comment on happened on our arrival. There were lots of us arriving at the same time, at least 2 buses and when I tried to get my luggage I was told they would be delivered to my room. We arrived at the resort at 10:30 p.m. and I was in my room by 10:40 p.m. with my 4 year old daughter, both of us very exhausted. My luggage was delivered at 12:45 a.m. Having to wait 2 hours for my luggage to be delivered was unacceptable.

As this was the only real issue I had, I would have no hesitation going back to this resort, or recommending it to others.

One word of warning to future travellers - the Mosquitos are extremely aggressive and you do not want to be without bug spray, afterbite or benadryl.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Rachael Diane,

We are very very happy reading that you have been too many times in Cuba and this was by far your favourite resort. THANK YOU!!

Laval, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Went to the Memories this summer, nice NEW hotel (1 year). Therefore the vegetation is inexistant. The personnal are VERY nice. Expect some rock at the beginning of the beach after it is fantastic, you can walk for a long time and have water at your knees. For the food, expect the Cuba food not more not less..... if you have a good price it is a nice destination.
We went to Cuba 3 times(Varadero, Holguín) prior to this trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband, 10 year old daughter and I stayed for a week in August and had a very enjoyable experience. To be clear, this is a Cuban 5 star resort, not a Turks & Caicos 5 star resort, and the affordable price reflects that difference. We were most impressed by the service. The staff was, without fail, pleasant, engaged and professional. Our room was large and adequately equipped. We brought our own toiletries and even tissue in case we ran out as other reviewers noted. No tissue issues the week we were there. There were some small inconveniences: they didn't have equipment for the tennis or basketball courts (cardio equipment in fitness centre was an unexpected bonus though), our room was missing a pillow and we had to go to reception to get it, and the buffet ran out of fresh mango a few times. A quick walk to the incredible beach, where we snorkelled offshore (bring water shoes), put things into perspective pretty quickly. This resort is in a beautiful part of Cuba that will soon be as populated as Veradero. The food was the best my husband (frequent traveller to Cuba) ever had in Cuba. I thought it was great considering Cuba isn't a place you go if you're a foodie. Overall, this resort is a great value. The staff go all out to make your stay enjoyable (a particular nod to Omar, Victor, the animation crew and hardworking chambermaids). We'd recommend the mangrove snorkelling and Pillar Beach excursions. Skip the horseback riding. We have great memories and would go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: We stayed in building #4 beside the beach. No complaints. Would recommend top floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

We are very happy reading that your family had a wonderful week in our resort, and you were very impressed with our service.

Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food was not very good. We had to wait to get into the dining room almost every night. We did not get any water in the fridge in our room. After asking several times, we purchased water at the store on the resort. Don't go there!!! There is no vegetation on the resort, the plants are dying because of the shortage of fresh water. Some of the staff was friendly, but most servers ignored the guest even after getting a tip. The only saving grace was the ocean. Beautiful water color and very warm temperatures.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Just got back from a short stay at the resort.
I would rate it as a very good one and I have nothing to add to all the things that are already said here, good sleep quality, good food, clean, nice pool, hypnotizing beach and sea … They have great pianists that would play for you even at breakfast time. I Just want to emphasize, “DO TAKE AS MANY MOSQUITO REPELLENTS AS YOU CAN” and in any form you can find them, as I saw a few people spraying themselves and they were still beaten. We didn’t have any mosquitos in our room. But as soon as you exit your room at dawn and dusk they attack you.
The check in and check out were both surprisingly well- arranged. The best and fastest I have ever seen . You could tell all the staff in all levels cared so much about doing a good job.
I would have liked very much to a see a Cuban flag at the entrance of the hotel besides the Canadian and British ones.
That’s it. Go there and enjoy yourselves!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Although the resort had only been open about 8 months when we were there in September 2012 it was great. The food was excellent. The rooms were extremely clean. The service amazing. Their spa had not opened at that time but you could take advantage of the spa in the next resort if you chose. Can't say enough about the beach. All in all a terrific vacation. Going back in 2 weeks time for a reunion with friends we met last year....

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms on the 2nd floor of the bungalows are quiet and have beautiful views.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Director General I General manager

Been to Memories Flamenco Beach Resort? Share your experiences!