“Another Amazing Holiday at Memories Caribe” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Memories Caribe Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayo Coco
Memories Caribe Beach Resort
You added Memories Caribe Beach Resort to your Saves list
Jardines del Rey, 67210, Cuba   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Cayo Coco
Lindsay, Canada
“Another Amazing Holiday at Memories Caribe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Just got back from a wonderful vacation. This year they added new features such as the speciality coffee bar, ice cream parlour, cigar demonstration, etc. Once again the staff were wonderful and always very accommodating. Best beach around! We walked for miles. The Michael Jackson show was amazing!!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (575)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I visited Memories Caribe for the third time in April 2013, and should have written this review, long ago. This trip, bookmarked my sixth time on the island of Cayo Coco, and I have added two more trips since.
I have stayed at three other resorts on the Island, and though all of my visits to Cuba have been "AMAZING!!", I pay homage to Memories Caribe Beach Resort. In my opinion, the best place to be!!!
The Staff at Memories Caribe, have proven to be wonderful every time, and have always been very helpful, addressing any concerns or problems, I may have had. Thank you.
This trip, in particular, remains "#1' for me, so far.
Being greeted by the "Memories" management staff at the Jardines del Rey airport was a very pleasant surprise, and a few more surprises followed. I find it very satisfying to be pre-booked into your suite and not having to deal with a line-up at the front desk, relieves a lot of stress, already created by the airport transfers, and the "Hurry up and wait" scenarios!!!
I have taken 17 trips over the last decade, and have had to deal with quite a few upsets and disappointments, most of which I found pointless. I know that some travellers have encountered worse problems than I have, and my heart goes out to them.
Planning and excersizing that "Perfect Vacation", can create a lot of expectations for travellors, and then they find themselves disappointed at the outcome. LOL. It happens to us all!!!
Travelling to Cuba is an experience in itself, that a lot of people are not prepared for, and I see it every time.
I have not seen, or traveled the complete Province of Cuba, but I know very much about Cayo Coco and the people that make my trips worth while. Memories Caribe, has proven that every time.
I have mentioned before in my previous reviews, that if you are expecting a "Culinary Delight", in regards to the Cuban food, then stay at home. It won't happen.
There was a new Chef at Memories Caribe, my last two visits, and I saw, and tasted, some good improvements.
The food can tend to be bland, as the kitchen staff does not use much in the way of spices, or flavour enhancements. They have no problem though if you wish to bring your own. Many repeat visitors do. Ketchup, Peanut Butter and garlic are among the favorites.

A trip to Cayo Coco, in my opinion, is a Beach vacation and should be viewed as such. Cayo Coco offers beautiful beaches, a Very hot sun most times, amazing "BLUE" water at the beach, and a breathtaking blue sky. Prepare for the Beach, and you won't be disappointed.
Memories Caribe also offers, clean comfortable rooms, a spectacular swimming pool, a wonderful and friendly Spa and Beauty staff, programs for Children, and an outgoing Recreation staff, or "Animation" staff in their words.
Here, in Toronto, Canada, we have all the "Bells & Whistles" in regards to Restaurants, Bars, Movie Theaters, Concerts and other entertainment. In Cuba, especially Cayo Coco, they don't have it, so prepare for it!!!
What they do have, is some very friendly, courteous, outgoing people, who offer you the Best of what they have, and a Big Smile to go with it. Feel Free to be generous when tipping, I always do.

Myself, I am not a Five Star person, LOL, and never pretend to be. I go on vacation to party, meet new friends and get a Kickass tan. Memories Caribe offers everything I need to be happy, and is as close to Five Star as I require.
There is a very pleasant Piano Lounge and Bar on the resort if you're feeling, "Dressy", and the Snack Bar, (my fave place) is 24 hours and always busy. There is a Bar on the Beach, and there is a Disco in the evenings after the Nightly Entertainment that Memories Caribe presents.
I waited too long last year to book my trip, and had to settle for another resort. (not worth a review).
This year I am booked, and am looking very forward to seeing my Friends at Merories Caribe.
Come on down!! I'm Buying!!! LOL.

Room Tip: Buildings 21-24 are good..
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
brampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is my 3rd time at this resort. Same great service AND they added MORE activities, events, and FUN since i was last there. LOVE...LOVE...LOVE the ice cream parlor. Maybe next time i can get a room beside it???

The beach is perfection and staff very friendly, helpful and caring.

Always love coming back - Can't wait till the next time. Big shout out to Mr. Ernesto Aguilar - The new Director...WHAT A BIG CHANGE! Next time i want you to lead the welcome dance and song at the lobby.

Merry Christmas to all and see you in the new year.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
ErnestoAguilar, General Manager at Memories Caribe Beach Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Jen,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Memories Caribe Beach Resort. We are pleased to hear that you had a great time with us.

It was a pleasure for us having you at our resort and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Merry Christmas to you too.

Dorval, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

First off we flew Sunwing Airline I've taken sunwing in the past and wasn't too pleased seats too cramped no leg room but a pleasant surprise this flight very nice and comfy sunwing has upgraded their fleet with new planes yeahhh we took off 20 mins late due to de-icing but landed in Cayo Coco right on time

We stayed at Memories Caribe from Dec 06 to Dec 13th 2014 in block 1500 rooms 1512 and 1519 second floor both rooms clean and everything worked great. The resort is quite nice and laid out good but must say a lack of ashtrays around the grounds ... check in was done on the bus so no problem there. We arrived at night so finding our rooms was a bit of a challenge none of the signs showing the number of the buildings have lights so it would be a good idea to bring a pocket flashlight with you

Now about the resort
Buffet: plenty of choices I'm a picky eater and never had a problem the service is out of this world I've been to many resorts and this one for service is top notch the staff is the so friendly they really make you feel special and go out of their way to show it

There are 3 a la cartes and several places to get a bite to eat on the beach they have hot dogs hamburgers pizza .. next to the pool they have a 24 hour snack/bar there are also one lobby bar 3 near the pool one which is the 24 hour snack bar and one at the beach

The Grounds:
The grounds are kept very nice and clean never seen anything laying around during our stay the gardens look amazing you can tell the staff are very proud of what they do

The Beach:
From what I was told from repeat guest is that the beach is very nice during our stay we were in high tide all week so the beach was not so great you have to go down early to get a lounger because there are not enough if the resort is full ... don't leave food on your lounger because if you do you might have a few visitors like I did wild pigs but they are more scared of you then you are of them they were no problem at all I even gave them a hot dog or two amazing to see wild life around on the resort there is two peacocks in the lobby and one flamingo in the pond all in all I really enjoyed my stay and would return to this resort

Thanks to all the staff that made my vacation one to remember :)

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
ErnestoAguilar, General Manager at Memories Caribe Beach Resort, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Mike,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Memories Caribe Beach Resort. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.

We appreciate all the complimentary comments about our hotel and the services we offer.

It was a pleasure for us having you at our resort and we hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you once again.

Bucharest, Romania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our lucky was because we stay in this resort just 3 days! Very bad entertainment,drink poor, very bad food! It's ok for old people...very bad disco...no internet...stay away for this place for your safety :)).we don't want never this resort!

Stayed December 2014
Saint Jerome, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Returned to Memories Caribe for a third time in a year. Discovered this little gem of a resort in October 2013, and was puzzled by the good reviews and wondered what made people go back over and over again, so gave it a try... Returned in January 2014 and once again November 29 to December 6th. It still is my favorite resort in Cuba!

This time, I had booked Diamond Club with an Al Fresco shower and it was wonderful. I was in #3901 and a very nice view of the pond from my patio door, mid-way between the pool and the beach. Thanks Yohn!

I would first like to point out, that it is really worth it to book Diamond Club and was pleasantly surprised by the litte extras it includes. First, we have a private bus from and back to the airport. You get to keep your room till 3pm on the day you leave without paying an extra 30 CUC. There is also the private section on the beach where the waiters serves you. I will come back to this a little later... You are also entitled to a special Diamond Club lunch (which I did not attend since I preferred to enjoy the terrific weather and beach) but the highlight was the fabulous Diamond Club dinner on the beach on our last night... Special thanks to Ernesto!

Delicious shrimp entrée, followed by scampi and shrimps, and a nice dessert. Such a romantic setting on the beach with musicians and entertainment from the animation group! Great service from our waiter Gerardo who even wrote my name on my plate since I had dined at the Italian restaurant on the same site earlier that week... Nice touch! Thanks so much to all of you for making my last night in paradise so wonderful!

Like I mentionned, this was my third stay at this hotel, and it is still my favorite place not only because of the spectacular beach, clean accomodations and wonderful gardens all around. The food at the buffet may not be the best I have had elsewhere in Cuba, but it's the people that work there that makes this resort so special... You will not find service like that anywhere else... I now have so many good friends there, and they are the main reason I always will go back at least once a year... I just can't stay away!

Also got to meet the new General Manager Ernesto Aguilar Medina one morning for coffee. We talked for over 1 1/2 hour where he detailled some the ameliorations coming soon. He has great ideas for the resort, which includes taking care of the conditions of the workers there also. He knows his employees very well and he does care for them. That is a sign of great management! The more you give to your staff, the more they will give back. And we, the tourists, benefit of the best service possible because of this! Winning combination!

I had said that I would come back to the Diamond Club section on the beach. For those of you who don't know what Diamond Club is, let me explain! First, if you don't know if you are Diamond Club or not, you obviously ARE NOT! Please remember and keep in mind that you do have to pay extra for Diamond Club! So if you are not wearing a grey bracelet with «Diamond Club» written on it, you are not supposed to be in that section of the beach. Please respect that! It's like travelling first class! If you don't pay extra, the airline will have you change place! So don't be surprised if someone asks you to move! Nothing in life is free!

Another thing I would like to mention... They are rules which are to be respected everywhere and also when you travel... So, for the «jerk» that showed up at the buffet, wearing a bathing suit, no sandals and no shirt (there is a large panel when you go in indicating the need for a T-shirt and shoes/sandals...) You answered the General Manager in English... although you supposedly spoke only Italian and that you can't read Spanish, French or even English... Well, sorry here but... vaffanculo!!!! You should understand that word! If you can only speak Italian, maybe you should consider travelling only to Italy... or even better... Do us all a favor, and stay home! It takes only one bad person to make us other tourists look bad and as for your lack of «educazione and cortesia», you should be ashamed! Ernesto, told you I would gladly pass the message! hi! hi! ;-)

Now, on a lighter note, I think that the pictures speak for themselves... But neverthless, I want to say a special thanks to a few of my favorite staff:

To Yohn at front desk... Thanks so much for the nice suite! I did appreciate and enjoyed 3901 just between the beach and pool like I wanted :-)

To Wilbert, the busboy. thanks for moving me and picking me up at exactly 2h20 on my departure day! Great service with a smile!

To all my friends at the beach! Yep! You know who you are!!! Jorge, Sandro and El Kato, at the beach bar, thanks for your friendship, great service and lots of fun all week with you guys! To Norle, great pizza and great smile, was good to see you again! To Carbo, great hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken sandwiches (great that you had onions for the hamburgers this time)! To Aros and «Richard Gere», thanks for reserving my palapa Ocho all week! You are all special men!!!

By the pool, Yudith «Allo mon amie»!!! And to all the animation staff! Had a wonderful time! Kept me busy all week and don't forget me!!! The sexiest woman of Memories Caribe!! hi! hi! Don't remember all of your names, but you know who you are!!! Thanks to Rudy for the Churros and to your new partner that now shares your hut for the Banana Mamas! Mmmm... Wonderful way to finish a day! Not diet, but who is counting calories while on vacation!

Special thanks to Gerardo, the waiter at the Italian restaurant on the beach, for great service twice! And say hello to the beach chefs and staff for me! Wonderful Diamond Club dinner! Wow!

Now for my three favorite friends... Maceo, Idael and Yandy... You know that you will always have a very special place in my heart... You know that you are the real reason why I always come back... You have become such good friends! Sorry, if I was not «good» when I left... I did try hard not to cry, but just could not help shedding a few tears...I'll see you again very soon. Please stay in touch, cause I do miss you already! I love you... xoxo

So to all of you that are reading this review... These are only some of the wonderful staff you will meet there... Take a look at my pictures, you’ll see... This is a gem of a resort! So if you are still hesitating on giving Memories Caribe a try... DON’T! Cause the Memories you'll bring back, will last you a lifetime! Enjoy!

Lyne
Room #3901

P.S. To Ernesto: See you again in January!

Room Tip: Best way to determine where you want to stay is to check the hotel map and write to management with...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
ErnestoAguilar, General Manager at Memories Caribe Beach Resort, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Lyne,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Memories Caribe Beach Resort. We are very happy to hear that you chose us for a third time and that you had a great time again.

It was a pleasure meeting you personally. Thank you for your words about my work, it gives me much encouragement. Along with the staff, which is the largest credit to the hotel, we make every effort to ensure that guests have a memorable vacation. We are pleased to hear our staff made your stay special and we will congratulate them on their excellent work.

It was a pleasure for us having you at our resort and we look forward to welcoming you again in January!

Novi Sad, Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I highly recomand a trip to that hotel..the food, rooms, pool and beach are amazing..and everything about CayoCoco. Regarding member staff, bufett service is great, especially creps cook, i can t remember his name, but he is really friendly .He cooks fish for lunch and creps for breakfast.He is my favorite.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Neda,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Memories Caribe Beach Resort. We are pleased to hear that you had a great vacation.

The chef you mention is Abril and we will congratulate him on his excellent work.

Ernesto Aguilar

Been to Memories Caribe Beach Resort? Share your experiences!