“Great Resort for Families” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Memories Caribe Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayo Coco
Memories Caribe Beach Resort
You added Memories Caribe Beach Resort to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jardines del Rey, 67210, Cuba   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Cayo Coco
Englehart, Canada
“Great Resort for Families”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Arrived on Nov. 5th, wristbands were given at the airport. When we arrived at the resort we went for a drink and something to eat, we did not get our bags delivered to our room until 10:30. Our room 1514 was very nice and quite a good size.
Water was delivererd every day.
There were many children here, I counted around 30 just playing the childrens games. This did not include the children not playing and the babies, I am sure there were at least 50 all together. The swim up bar area was constantly filled with children and we were unable to use it in peace.
The food was not very good and the beach was just ok. We have stayed at two other resorts on Cayo Coco, both of which were better. Melia has adults only and The Tryp is our favourite of all three.
The piano/lobby bar was wonderful. Very good drinks and air conditioning!

Room Tip: Room 1514 is near everything and a lovely room. Superior balcony room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (667)
Parry Sound, On
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is my 7th trip to Cuba, twice to Cayo Coco. Cayo Coco has most beautiful beaches. We were a group of 4 ladies, we had an amazing time here. Check in to this resort was done on the bus to the resort, thus allowing us to make ourselves comfortable on the beach by noon. The resort itself is kept clean by some amazing gardners, and busy housekeeping staff, we would pass them each time we left our room, they always had a wonderful smile and a Hola for us. The breakfast buffet was great, loved the egg stations in the morning, the gentlemen that did the cooking there always friendly. The waffle station, wow, great waffles but they are quite big, mistakenly took 2, could only eat one. Lunch buffet was full of variety, always found something there to eat, although most times we stayed on the beach and enjoyed a burger from the hotdog, burger and chicken hut, the cook is quite friendly, sit back and watch him, he loves to dance!! There is also a pizza hut, very good pizza, you will enjoy them. We were in room 1718, had a great view, had no problems there except our air-con didn't seem to be working properly so our room stayed quite warm for sleeping, but we didn't let it impede our stay. We asked our maid for an extra pillow and had no problems getting one. Our water for the fridge in our room didn't get replenished as i thought this was part of our package, was a little disappointed in that but didn't make it in to a problem, also the coffee didn't get replenished, but we were early birds so we enjoyed coffee with our breakfast. Our other travellers spent the week in room 1011, which is close to everything, they had no major complaints to speak of. Dinner buffet was awesome, i am not a seafood eater normally but i did indulge in the shrimp, which were very delicious. The dinner buffet always had some great dishes, stirfry, pasta and meat stations available. We ate in the same area each night, our server Maceo and his coworkers were amazing, thank you fellas!!! Spent only one day at the pool just to check it out, we enjoyed it, but the beach is much quieter and that is where we chose to be. It is not the resorts fault for this, but yes, there were jelly fish, but it was explained to us that due to some bad weather prior to us coming, they were forced closer to shallower waters. I did get stung, just felt like a bee sting, there were no lasting effects so please don't worry about them. There is a gentleman that seems to roam the resort, not sure what his title is, seems that he oversees what goes on, very friendly, always had a greeting for us as we passed. We found at night that the walkways were not lit very well, the first few nights it took us a little while to find our rooms, but once we got our bearings it became quite easy. We did go to Pilar Beach, most beautiful beach i have seen by far in Cuba, please go if you get the chance, you will not regret it. We did go out on a catamaran ride, and also made use of a peddleboat absolutely beautiful, is a must do for sure. We took in a couple of the evening shows, found them entertaining, magic show and the aquatic show...most other nights we were wiped and just ready for bed, should start the shows earlier than 9:30. Overall, I would definitely go back to this resort. My sister who was part of our group and the one that i have travelled to Cuba with for all my 7 trips is already booked to go back in December with her entire family over christmas. Thank you Memories Caribe for a wonderful vacation!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
eynel v, Director of Sales at Memories Caribe Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Hello _jewell9342,

It was a pleasure reading your review, but most of all the great experience you had at Memories Beach Resort, thank you for sharing it with us. At Memories we try very hard to make everyone feel happy and love caring, it looks we have accomplished that with you.
We hope to see you soon over this paradise; at Memories Caribe we are trying to improve every day and keep customer happy and willing to come back.
Let us know in advance when you are planning to return and advice us in order we can fulfill your needs.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Hi we went to memories caribe in Cayo Coco Oct 29th to Nov 5th 2013. This resort is extremely clean and the service and staff were impeccable !!! Food was good but needs a bigger variety for those that don't eat seafood .. And a blender would be ideal at the beach bar with a bigger drink variety. Now the greatest part of the resort was the beach!!! I've been to Cuba a dozen times and this beach is fantastic. Also a very big thumbs up to "Yamirka" from the animation team that took great pride and joy to make sure the children and adults were having a good time!!! It's the first Memories Resort Chain I have chosen to book and I am not disappointed one bit!!! I will definitely come back because I got great value for my money and I enjoyed myself . See you soon and Thumbs Up to all the staff

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Carlathepug,

Thanks a lot for posting your opinion about your holidays in our hotel. We will congratulate the workers you mention because of their good job. At Memories Caribe Cayo Coco we are committed to enhance and improve staff attitude and quality service. Your review shows us that we are in the right track and still we have a lot to work to do. Please, do not hesitate to let us know when you are coming back and if we can be of any assistance.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

My mom and I went to the resort Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013.
Beautiful resort.
Room, clean and organized.
Staff, helpful and always smiling.
Shows, every night, aquatic is a must see. Amazing.
Kids stuff, lots of stuff for them to do.
Beach, clean thanks to the workers who cleaned the seaweed.
Weather, rained 1 day.
This resort is so beautiful and I would definitely return.
Keep up the great work.
Joanne C.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
eynel v, Director of Sales at Memories Caribe Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Hello Joanne C,

Thank you so much for your comments and feedback. We are happy to know you're already thinking about returning to our hotel and when the time comes, please, don't hesitate to contact us. It will be a great pleasure to help you build even mpre memorable holidays.

Warmest regards,

Eynel Manuel Verdura Morales
Sales Manager
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My best friend and I (aged 22) went to this resort October 9-16 2013. Our first impressions of the resort is that the resort needed updated. Having this been our second stay in Cuba, we preferred Memories Flamenco better food wise, room wise, and beach wise. There ARE jelly fish in this water that you can't see until they sting you!!! Even then... We were EXTREMELY lucky we didn't get stung as we met at least one person in every group we encountered who had been stung sometime during their stay. We spent most of our days at the beach, the boys at the beach bar Sandro, Jorge, and Leuman are AMAZING! They made our holiday a blast!! They are the nicest. The pizza and burger stalls at the beach are good too and are much better then the buffet. The A LA CARTES are not good... You're better off at the buffet, after every time we went to dinner there we ended up at the buffet. The guys at the pasta area are so cute and so funny! As well as the male servers in the bufft. We were only given one big bath towel and one hand towel... and for two girls ? That's not enough, after complaining for a few hours we eventually got two big bath towels and they were changed every day. The maid does not change the sheets, simply fixes them and tucks them in. We also only got one pillow each... quite unfortunate sleeping arrangements, but we were able to sleep on the beach. You need to leave a seperate tip for the maid and a seperate one for the guy who refills the fridge. We locked our things in our suitcase every time we left the room just in case. At the end of our trip the people who had made our stay so enjoyable got a huge bag of stuff we could live without. Tylenol, headphones, clothing. Anything we thought would impact their lives. My friend and I paid 585$ each for the trip including flight, it was WELL worth the price, but we lucked out not being stung by jelly fish. The night entertainment sucks bad... DO NOT go to it! We stayed in the piano bar every night where if you've got the talent to play the piano and sing go for it! I certainly did and the waitors and other guests cheered me on! No one ever yelled at me for playing even at 1 am. The disco is fun and safe, mostly spanish music but some popular songs too. This resort was also filled with a lot of french canadians, which sucks cause I don't speak french but they were all so friendly! Your trip is what you make of it, if a scuff mark on the wall is going to bother you, do not go here. If you're a family who is used to 5 star resorts.. i would probably recommend elsewhere only because of the accomodation and food. If you're young and looking for a good time i definitely recommend here, but I can definitely say I've stayed in nicer places in Jamaica, Mexico and the Dominican

Room Tip: They don't listen to your requests anyways...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Hey there, I came back to Montreal yesterday from our awesome vacation that we (my mom and I) spent at the Memories Caribe Resort. From the 2nd day that we were there, I couldn't wait to come back home, and finally post a review about this place.
Before I left on Vacation, my mom and I spent hours reading the reviews on Trip advisor about Memories Caribe. Many of you wrote:
There's no Ketchup and Mustard
There's no hot water
The people are not friendly
That the chips (French fries) are too greasy
The food is not good
The place is too noisy
The rooms are bad
And many, many, many more...
This is not incorrect information: there's Ketchup and Mustard at this Resort. It may not be the same as we have in Canada, but it's still the same thing! It's still good, and eatable. Even now that I’m back home, I miss the Cuban chips/hamburgers with their ketchup. Bear in mind, that I eat practically everything with ketchup (except maybe chocolate, lol). So please, people who are planning to go to Memories Caribe in the next couple of days/weeks/months, don't listen to those people who wrote these kind of comments.
About the water. I admit that the they don't have boiling water, but why in earth would you like to have it, if you're staying in a place where it's 30 Celsius all the time. If you want hot water, you better go to Alaska on vacation, rather than Cuba.
We had a moment where we didn't have water, but it went back to normal in about 5 minutes.
The people are not friendly? Are you all ok? I fell in love with Cubans. Not only they're all good looking, but also they all consider you as a family member. 1000 times a day they say "Hi, how are you?” They ask you many times a day whether everything is good with the room/food/beach/entertainment... I was crying the last two days of my vacation, knowing that I’m leaving soon, and that I won't see them until the next time I go back to Cayo Coco.
Please, don't get me started on the chips!!! They're delicious!!!! Bear in mind, that the snack bar is opened 24/7, so if you didn't eat for super, or you're starving after drinking 25L of beer, that's were you can have something to eat.
In regards the food. I agree that the food is repetitive, but you do have something to eat anytime of the day. I'm pretty complicated when it comes to meals, and I didn't even lose a little pound during this week.
The place is too noisy? Well I’m sorry that the people there always try to entertain us. We are there to have a good time, and having fun is included in "having a good time". The entertainment staff (Yarminka, Anaid, Yudith and many, many, many more) work like dogs every single day, to make sure that all of us will have fun during our time-being at the Memories Caribe Resort. Some people wrote that they would hear music during the night, well sorry!!! Personally I have nothing to complain about the noise, as our room (1815) was located right in the middle of the resort. So it wasn't far from anything (bar/buffet/snack bar/piano bar/beach/reception....) + we didn't hear a noise once the doors were closed.
As I mentioned, we lived in room 1815 which was perfect. It's close to everything (bars/buffet/reception....). Once we closed the doors of the balcony, we couldn't hear anything at all. At the time of your arrival, they give you a map showing where everything could be found. As I said, everything was close. Cleaning lady was pretty good (most likely because we left her a lot of tips). But either way, we always had fresh towels/cleaned room/cleaned ashtrays/new bottles of shampoo/body wash...
Please note:
We spoke to some people working there in regards their lives, and how they work at the resort. They explained that:
If you give tips during your day, it's not shared with all the staff from the Resort; it's only shared with the people working in the area. Let's say you leave tips at the Buffet to your waiters, at the end of the day all the waiters share that money within each other. If you give tips to the cleaning lady, they share within themselves....
So in this case, the entertainment/reception ... don't get much.
Don't get me wrong, I’m not saying that you should be giving tips to everyone you see there, nor I’m saying that you shouldn't be giving anything at all, I’m just asking you to be careful with how much you leave, and to whom are you leaving.
Bear in mind, that the people working there don't get fortunes on each paycheck. Overall, they get around 10-20 convertible pesos/month. Hen we were there, we bought rum for around 40 convertible pesos, meaning that the average salary for 2-3 months.
I'm asking you very kindly to bring something the next time you go there: clothes/tooth pastes/facial treatments (most of them have pimples, and every girl would like to be pretty 365days/365days. Don't buy anything expensive, but some stuff that you can by at the drugstore, would be very good for them). Some toys, since most of them have kids..... Please don't throw away old stuff that still can be used, those people will be extremely happy (maybe even cry) if you give them a little something the next time you go, little souvenirs ... etc.
As you can see, my review is mostly positive! Don't worry; you'll be more than satisfied with this Resort.
I recommend you to go on excursion, as it will most likely change the way you'll think about life. Those people have nothing, and still find a way how to be happy, and how to appreciate life.
I highly recommend you to go to Memories Caribe, as it's an amazing place where you can spend your vacation with family/friends...
I'll try to post some pictures in the next couple of days, showing you how awesome that place/country is.
I'm happy that I’m home, but I already miss those people.
When you're there, ask Yelitza (she works in the morning at the Piano Bar) for the morning drink. It's Rum and Champagne. It's Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for reading.
Acia.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
eynel v, Director of Sales at Memories Caribe Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Hello Acia1994,

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent experience at our resort.
Your review has been sent to all departments to be read during their daily or weekly meetings and all the workers you mentioned have already been congratulated.
Best regards and thanks again,
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised. The beach is amazing ! My room (building 20) balcony with view of the lake was big and very clean,pleasant and well taken care of by Daysiani, sunrise a plus! Food is ok, only went to the buffet, not much variety but I always found something to eat ( I dont go to Cuba for their food) and I got great service from Yandy. I found the whole resort quite clean, certainly no help from tourists who cannot even pick up their glasses and cigarette butts.
Service is great, a special mention for the front desk personnel who were very helpful and always smiling.
My only complaint is the courtesy room we were given to be able to take a shower before departure and not having to pay extra for a late check out ( 10.00 an hour !); the bathroom was awful, very dirty, no electricity, no AC, just awful !
As a solo traveller, it felt a bit awkward being the only solo traveller in the whole place but it was my choice and the staff made me feel very welcomed.
As a beach lover it was paradise ! Hope to go back with my husband one day !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear vannat,

We thank you for coming here and for giving such a nice opinion about our resort. We also hope to receive you here with your husband. You're welcomed!

Sales Commercial Hotel Memories Caribe

Been to Memories Caribe Beach Resort? Share your experiences!