It was my first time in Cuba, in south america, and it met my expectactions.
- Beautiful resort, nice building, site, easy access to everything with a little walk. Nice colours, lively.
- Staff is helpful and friendly enough (when they are less, look at the other customers around you, I would understand why they can become a bit more friendly...)
- Pool is nice and clean.
- Beach and sand is top of the line. Awesome, lot of space.
- As in most of these resorts, I would say the beach chairs dance is ridiculous (reserved in advance vs availability), but hey, you are warned, and since you go on the beach, worst case scenario: you are on the beach!
- Bar service is up to par
- Buffet is mostly and almost always full.
- À la carte restaurants are for the service, but they don't offer better food than the buffet.
- I understand that Cuba is not the best place for food, but I would have liked to taste more different food than what we eat in North America. Still, it may not be the resort's fault (as they must try to offer the best to difficult people and lots of people that have no taste and avoid trying new things...).
- For less that 1k, you cannot complain much. I would way that the main problem is the guests themselves... the Ontarian kids on spring break were fun, but probably disturbing for other guests (not us, luckily or not), but the selfish and glutton babyboomers smelling cheap coconut are awful. Why rush and cut the line in front of someone at the buffet? There is plenty of food! And why ask for a bucket of beer? It will be flat at the end, fool.
Even though, I would recommend visiting and enjoying this resort to relax, disconnect from usual life and not be surprised to much by food.
Thank you to Memories Caribe for a nice week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Memories Caribe Beach Resort offers 328 rooms in different categories, including 280 rooms in deluxe category, 48 junior suites and 56 connecting rooms (deluxe category, 4 of them handicapped accessible). For your convenience, our facilities also have rooms for smokers and non-smokers. RESTAURANTS: International buffet "Las Arcadas" (air conditioned), Breakfast, lunch and dinner service; Italian restaurant "Arenas Blancas" (fan aired), Dinner service; Seafood restaurant "El Coral"Dinner service; International restaurant "El Coral" Dinner service. BARS: Lobby bar "Oceano Atlantico" (9:00 to 23:00 hrs)Selection of national and international drinks included Premium beverages offered at an additional cost; Snack bar "La Estrella" (24-hour service) Selection of national and international drinks included; Aqua bar "Los Delfines" (9:00 to 17:00 hrs) Selection of national and international drinks included; Beach bar "Uva Caleta" (9:00 to 17:00 hrs) Specialized in Cuban cocktails. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Memories Caribe Beach Resort 4* Hotel Cayo Coco