“good views,” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Black Spruce Restaurant

The Black Spruce Restaurant
Box 232, Norris Point, Gros Morne National Park, Newfoundland and Labrador A0K 3V0, Canada
Website
Dining options: Reservations
St Johns,
“good views,”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were staying here and the restaurant was the easiest pallce to eat after a day walking and sight seeing. It may have be my palate but I found that most items were over seasoned with either salt for if a potatoe dish, white pepper. Presentation was good as was the portion size. The wine selection is quite good and well priced. I did think that it was a little overpriced, however you are also paying for some wonderful views. Although when we went they are starting to wind down as it is towards the end of the season, the staff were very helpfull and friendly. Every day there was a "catch of the day" special

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
atcanad, Manager at The Black Spruce Restaurant, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that our seasoning wasn't to your taste and we would have been happy to prepare you another. I'm glad you enjoyed our setting, thank you for dining with us.

Toronto, Canada
“Tasty dinner in beautiful setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The restaurant has a small menu. The dishes were very tasty and well presented. Rather pricey; however, if you compare to some other restaurants in the area, which are terribly over-priced, even by big city standards, then the Black Spruce doesn't seem unreasonable. The setting is stunning.

Visited August 2013
atcanad, Manager at The Black Spruce Restaurant, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for your review and for dining with us. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your dinner and our setting, it is a beautiful space.
Hamilton
“Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

It's a lovely place. But pricey... and small portions. Service is great.
Family of four (2 adults 2 children $200.00) FYI
There is better food and at a more reasonable cost in the area.

Visited July 2013
atcanad, Manager at The Black Spruce Restaurant, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to read that you felt our prices to be a little high, however an average of $50 per person is reasonable for fine dining. We are very comparable to similar restaurants in the area. I am happy to know that you were pleased with our service, thank you for dining with us.
Calgary
“Beautiful location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Neddies Harbour had by far the most beautiful view I have ever seen in a hotel. You can sit out on their patio or their sun room forever just looking out into the bay. The rooms are clean and has everything you need. It is not the fancies place I've ever stayed at, but it is certainly very well appointed. We didn't try the restaurant, which I heard was very good, but I do recommend staying there for a few nights and just forget about all your worries.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
atcanad, Manager at The Black Spruce Restaurant, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. You are certainly right about that view, it does have a way of helping you forget any worries you might have. Thank you for staying with us.
Brooklin, Canada
“Dinner with a View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stopped here for dinner, service was friendly and helpful. Food was exceptional. We all had beef tenderloin which was very good. They had very good appetizers and desserts. The one drawback was that they were out of scallops, which we had seen earlier in the day as a special. Would recommend for the ambiance and the view.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
atcanad, Manager at The Black Spruce Restaurant, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I'm so happy that you had the opportunity to dine with us and that you enjoyed your experience. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get to try the scallops, I'm sure they would have been delicious! Thank you for dining with us.