“Best chowder in Gros Morne Park” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Seaside Restaurant

Seaside Restaurant
263 Main Street | Gros Morne National Park, Trout River, Gros Morne National Park, Newfoundland and Labrador A0K 5P0, Canada
+1 709-451-3461
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Canadian, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Winner of Hall of Fame Restaurant! Harp Music on Sunday & Wednesday evenings! 7 to 9 pm Seaside Restaurant is located in the most scenic part of GROS MORNE NATIONAL PARK, in the small fishing village of Trout River (Route 431), on the beachfront overlooking the ocean with its spectacular sunsets & a kilometer of boardwalk... less than a 10 minute drive from the Tablelands Exhibit. Enjoy the best of Newfoundland cuisine and enjoy beautiful sunsets over the water. After a hike up the Tableland Mountains, or a boat tour up Trout River Pond, this is a great place to come and relax with some real cultural delicacies and picturesque view. Great Food, Great Wine & Great Views of the Ocean!
Toronto
“Best chowder in Gros Morne Park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stay in Gros Morne Park for 5 days and tried several Seafood Chowders. The Seaside Restaurant by far served the best!

Visited September 2013

Corner Brook, Canada
“Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

PATHETIC job done on pan fried trout,not fresh and had the taste of freezer burn,carrots and broccoli appeared to have been previously frozen, wet and soggy, baked potato small but edible.
Servings were small and very expensive, A very,very overrated restaurant. I am a Newfoundlander and I enjoy a good fish meal. Do not be misled by adverts concerning this restaurant'
A Newfie fish lover.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Corner Brook, Canada
“Overpriced Tourist Trap”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Visited this restaurant on the recommendation of a relative. Wait until I next see him!
Admittedly my wife and I ordered the same dish, pan-fried trout, so we can really only comment on the one dish.
Portion was what I would call 'small', fish tasted as though it had freezer burn, carrots appeared to be of a 'cheap. frozen variety' and overcooked but as the meal was promptly served there would appear to be insufficient time for that, perhaps they were left over from 'lunch' and then just 'warmed'.
Very definitely not worth the price charged.
This was our first visit and it will be our last.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Connecticut
“Best meal in Newfoundland!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We really enjoyed our meal here! We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food, given the size of Trout River. We had a lovely seat by the window...and were so happy to find fish on the menu that was actually poached and not FRIED! Would highly recommend!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lunenburg Co. N.S.
“Shockingly overpriced...mediocre food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I travel extensively, and use the book "Where to Eat in Canada" as a guide. It has seldom let me down, but the Seaside was a real disappointment. I came for lunch, did not want a big meal, and asked for a small plate of just capelin, cod tongues, and scallops.(Nothing else- no salad or potatoes) After a long wait, I got a plate with 4 capelin, 3 cod tongues, and 6 bay scallops. I have lived in the Maritimes for 13 years now, and no matter where I have ordered scallops, I got the large variety - never bay scallops. They were about the size of small marbles, and very rubbery. The real shock was when I got my bill. Since their dinners were in the $19 - $24 range, I expected to pay around $15....I was absolutely shocked when I was presented a bill for $30.45 !!
The server was visibly embarrassed when I questioned this - he told me he had called the boss" and that's what he was instructed to charge...
The drive to Trout River is wonderful, and the view is grand...but stay away from this rip-off tourist trap....

Visited August 2013