“wonderful service and very tasty food!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 1
Clarenville, NL
“wonderful service and very tasty food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The service there was fantastic. food was delicious. we stayed at The Beach House on our anniversary and had supper here while watching the sun set. Very romantic

Visited September 2013

St. John's, Canada
“Beautiful location, disappointing food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We attended Atlantica for a 60th anniversary family celebration. The dining room was lovely and the view was beautiful, especially at sunset. Service was incredible, the best I've ever experienced! The cocktail menu is impressive and drinks were great! Unfortunately the food was very disappointing, particularly portion sizes. The entree options of scallops, of which there were three, and salad, which was devoid of dressing with beet chips that were difficult to identify as beet, were meagre. I selected halibut as an entree and that was all I got, just the fish, albeit perfectly cooked. The bok choy and accompaniments were little more that garnish on the plate. My dessert, bakeapple shortcake was an ample portion and delicious but the chocolate cremeux selected by others at the table was a tiny portion of mousse with decoration. It's unfortunate that the food quality and portion size does not align with the other wonderful qualities of this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
c.b.s
“I was Treated Like A Princess”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My son took me there in May, 2012, on Mother's Day.
It was a very special day indeed.
The view,our waiter,the food...nothing could compare.
Then when I left, my waiter handed me a yellow rose. Oh my....wasn't that nice! He made my day.
Now.....they spoiled me....and I wanted to go back this PAST Mother's Day,but they were not open for business.
I phoned to ask why,as I was kind of shocked that they would not be open on such a special day.
The girls response was...."Most of our customers came on Saturday night"
Hmmmmmm I thought...strange!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newfoundland, Canada
“A disappointing experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Five family members and I decided to dine together on the evening of August 24th. Having never been to the acclaimed Atlantica, we decided we would give it a try. The first issue was parking...space was very limited. The welcome at reception was lukewarm and a little awkward. The restaurant room and atmosphere were pleasant, and as we had requested a window table, we had a lovely view. We then commenced a series of successive waits that became almost laughable. Furthermore, the food portions were inadequate, the flavours and presentation were unremarkable, and my entree had to be returned for reheating. (It came back to me warmer but still not warm enough for my preference; rather than endure further delay, I ate it.) The wait staff were gracious and pleasant, but not sufficiently attentive. (For example, we were never offered more bread, wine or coffee.) I was left with the impression of a formulaic approach that was not sensitive to diners' hunger or adaptable to their preferences. At the end of it all, we paid far, far too much for a surprisingly mediocre dining experience. Consequently, I will not be returning to Atlantica.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
St. John's, Canada
“A Great Night with Friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I found the service and food to be first rate.
The view and sunset were unforgettable.
I would highly recommend this marvelous eatery
for a super meal.
Make reservations before the sunsets to take in the view.

• Visited July 2013