“Not as good as it used to be.” 3 of 5 stars

+44 (0)1483 756283
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Zizzi - Woking is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 149 Restaurants in Woking
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Situated just off the beaten track in Woking, this restaurant is worth going out of your way for. The relaxed ambiance and open plan kitchen is ideal for intimate lunches or dining out with friends, and the large outside area gives it a Mediterranean feel. But the most interesting part about this restaurant isn’t the look or feel, it’s the people. Every year, Italian villagers come to Chobham Common to pick mushrooms and always stop by to say hi. Dine al fresco with an outdoor dining area for sunny weather.
Woking, United Kingdom
“Not as good as it used to be.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I took my partner here last weekend for Sunday lunch, having just returned from a week away on holiday. We'd been before and expected service to be as good as it was, but were sadly disappointed. The waiter who served us seemed to be quite surly and unhelpful. Drinks orders were delivered incorrectly (e.g. Coke instead of Decaf Coffee, despite asking specifically for an Americano). The side salads were quite poor too - a few limp lettuce leaves and bits of old tomato were not worth the money. They didn't have any anchovies for the pizza either - clearly keeping a small jar in stock from Morrison's next door is too difficult.

I doubt we'll return again, as there is plenty of choice in town. A shame really, as Zizzi's Woking always used to be one of our favourite restaurants.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“A Complete Swizz”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Up until 31st October 2013, I was a great fan of Zizzi's. Now it seems, they appear to offer as little as possible for as much as possible. I had the Penne Della Casa which consisted of penne, about 2 or 3 tiny pieces of chicken, bits of fatty pancetta and flecks of appropriately named baby spinach. As for dessert, I tried the 'new' Tartufo Al Cioccolato. Ignore the photo and the description. This is a chocolate mousse on a plate - forget the crushed hazelnuts, amaretti biscuits and liqueur. I could go on and on but I'll only get more angry. No wonder Zizzi's continually feature special offers. If they offered value for money in the first place, they wouldn't need them.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Woking, UK
“Another excellent meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Don't think I've ever been disappointed at Zizzi's, surprised they're not higher in the ranking. The pizzas I think are now better than those in PizzaExpress, assuming you like a nice firm base. Also there's a very good range of dishes on offer.
The friends I took recently had never been to a Zizzi's and they were very impressed.
We had a 25% off voucher which seems to be almost a permanent offer these days. But even so, we had two dishes each, three bottles of wine, coffee & the bill came to £114 - very reasonable I thought.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We have been here before when it was busy but tonight it was lovely. We were served really quickly and food came on time. It is great quality food and definitely worth the prices they charge. The actual restaurant is nicely decorated and feels clean and well looked after. Staff were friendly and helpful. Will definitely visit again soon.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“I simply love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have been in different Zizzi's in London but this one fortunately is right in front of my house and it's amazing. Nice food, nice staff and prices are not to bad, if you ever come to Woking look for Zizzi in Goldsworth Road it is close to the train station and I promise you wont be disappointed!

• Visited July 2013