“Not up to the standard usually experienced from Premier Inn” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book at premierinn.com
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Woking
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Not up to the standard usually experienced from Premier Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I am a regular user of the Premier Inn chain. I often use them when I need a short stay in an area that I am unfamiliar with, as I know what to expect, or so I thought. The location was good, with ample parking and the standard restaurant on site. Good so far. The accommodation was split over 2 buildings with parking nearest to the satellite building. I would recommend leaving your luggage in your vehicle until you know which building you're booked into, to save the error that I made of parking, lugging my cases to the main building (difficult as there is no proper pedestrian route or pathways) to find that I'd been booked into the satellite building and having to lug my cases back. The satellite building has no lifts so cases have to carried upstairs, so if mobility is a problem then state this when booking.
When I checked in there were other people in the lobby. As such I expect my key to be handed to me discreetly so no-one is alerted to female travellers in certain rooms. But the receptionist announced my room number loud and clear for everyone to hear. I had booked a twin room, but it was not what I expected. The twin room consisted of a double bed and a sofa bed conversion. This meant that not only was there only 1 'proper bed' but also meant that there was a lack of seating. With 1 hard chair only I called reception and asked for a 2nd chair to be brought to the room, so that both myself and my travelling companion could sit down. Although they appeared to be taken aback by the request, a 2nd chair did arrive. On arrival the room temperature was a freezing10c. I adjusted the thermostat but as the temperature hadn't increased beyond 12c after 30 mins and we were literally shivering we decided to go an eat while the room warmed up. The room never really reached more than 16c but we wrapped up and got on with it.
Breakfast was served in the restaurant and there was a good selection of food available. Very happy with what was on offer, exactly what I would expect.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed here several times, used to live in the area so know the place well. Room prices are normally good. The rooms are ok, staff is friendly and helpful, car park is sometimes pretty full if you arrive late in the evening. The breakfast is a big let down though, far too expensive, and a poor selection. Would stay again, but skip the breakfast.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Tamworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The staff are excellent, very friendly and remember you from previous visits. Breakfast is excellent, and the pub next door does very nice food and drink. We have stayed at other hotels in Woking, but always tend to come back to the Premier as it is handy for the town centre, reasonably priced and the bed is more comfortable.

Room Tip: All rooms are noisy in the day as there is a school next door and the kids are outside a lot! But ev...
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Travelling for business, I stayed at the Premier Inn Woking for 2 nights and found the expereience to be excellent, staff were really helpful and efficient, the room was exceptionally clean and tidy and offered all the facilities that I required at a very reaonable rate.

Room Tip: Well worth a stay, great rooms at a great affordable price.
Dewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed overnight as Daughter was joining army the next day. We got two rooms which were beautiful, and the price was amazing £38.00 for them both. Will definitely look for other Premier Inns to stop at in future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Not good - the only good thing was going to sleep.

-Adjoining room hadn't been locked by cleaner, had to go and get manager to lock it - could hear other people in room but they obviously hadn't noticed the door open ajar.
-Room not the cleanest for a Premier Inn, sofa bed thing smelt too, didn't dare put anything on it.
-Bathroom could be cleaner
-Service in the pub is embarrassing, asked barman how long food would be and he said "as long as the microwave takes to heat it" - food was horrible anyway

Twitter @nonrevs

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Woking, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the quality of the food served in our restaurants. Please be assured we take all feedback seriously and we would like the opportunity to investigate further. Please email your details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here Friday 18/1/13 for one night. Owing to the inclement weather plans changed at short notice and I asked if it was possible to change the room to a twin bedded rom. The receptionist was very helpful and asked if and what time I was going out. When I told her, she said she would make up the extra bed when I wasn't there. It was done when I got back... Excellent.....
The room was what I expected at a Premier Inn. It is well situated, just far enough out of town to be quiet, yet close enough to walk in. It is next to the Beefeater pub, so food and drink were easily accessible. There is a good size car park where it is free to park, very good.
A decent hotel, very reasonably priced in a good location. Best still, the staff are helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Premier Inn Woking? Share your experiences!