“Would return” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
london
“Would return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Visited on a Monday night. We were the only couple in the restaurant for the entire duration.

Food was lovely. Very tasty. Good selection on menu and staff very attentive. Only thing is I think they are slightly expensive (over £50 for 2 of us). Maybe have an offer of half price or something on a Monday night and more people might visit.

And food was given to us on a plate which was already full of rice noodles and carved veg so we found it difficult to have room to put food on our plate.

Nice thai restaurant would visit again but would still try others!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Have been to Sang Thai several times now, and every time has been fantastic.

First time we came to this restaurant, was after seeing the Opera at Woking theatre, and it finished pretty late in the evening - we decided to stop by the restaurant as we were hungry and although they were closing in 30 mins time, they did not refuse us and could not do enough for us.
Since then, we have been back many times.

Service is excellent - all very friendly staff and friendly manager - they cannot do enough for you.
Food is fantastic and all very fresh, and tastes delicious.
Decor is really lovely - especially the wooden hand carvings on the wall and the fish tank - really beautiful.

Have been to a few Thai restaurants, and this is by far the best!

Keep up the great food!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Woking, United Kingdom
“Tasty Food. Great Service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I have enjoyed some tasty Thai cuisine over lunch on a couple of occasions and we have never been disappointed.

The food is delicious and fresh. The menu is diverse and Sang Thai also offers a lunch special for those looking to spend a little less on some great Thai cuisine.

The staff is very attentive, offering a quality level of service that is, unfortunately, lacking in many other restaurants.

Great experience and definitely recommended.

Visited December 2012
Addlestone, United Kingdom
“Great for Dinner - Missing an Opportunity at Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Sang Thai is the restaurant that showed me I loved Thai food. Taken in once by a friend to try their Monday buffet, I was immediately addicted to their mushroom toast and gai kratiem, and now have a good knowledge of and appreciation for the majority of their menu.

The food, to put it simply, is outstanding. The service is friendly (if slightly awkward because the restaurant is often fairly empty) and prompt. I'm always recognised and greeted with familiarity, which I like.

The pricing, for the large portions you get, is just right. However, I think this is part of the problem. I like a large portion, but these are so large that even at dinner time I can't quite finish a starter, main and side on my own. At lunch, I'd be very satisfied with a starter and half portions of a main and side - and this is where I think the owners are missing a trick.

My office, full of hungry people who want a quick, tasty lunch without breaking the bank, is a stone's throw from this restaurant, and yet very few people go in for lunch. Why? Because when mains are around £7 each, you're paying somewhere in the region of £15 for twice as much food as a single person can reasonably eat. Unless you have a friend who wants the same thing you do, that makes it a pretty expensive lunch, however tasty it is - half of which then goes to waste. And believe me, it's a crime to waste pad thai this good.

If Sang Thai offered a half portion of their mains with a half portion of pad thai or rice to go with at under £10, far more people would be coming in either to sit down with friends or to get takeaway to eat at their desk. I know I would come in twice as often if this were an option.

Pretty please, Sang Thai, do smaller portions for lunch!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Very nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Had good time in the restaurant.
I could feel the Thai taste.. Should give a try .. I liked..

Staff was helpful and courteous.

Will go again .. for sure .. if I am in Woking again .. :)

Visited November 2012