“Super lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Aldershot, United Kingdom
“Super lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for somewhere to take out son and his friends for lunch after a visit to the laser quest at the Big Apple for his 10th birthday. Having read the reviews on here and that it was just round the corner from The Big Apple we booked for 10. We were greeted warmly and we were sat in the front of the restaurant. The kids had the Americana pizza form the kids menu and this was demolished off quickly and reduced the chattering to silence immediately! My husband and I chose form the main menu and were not disappointed. The pizzas were light and full of flavour. We will be returning!

Guildford
“Yummy and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We were staying the the Woking Hotel in December & fancied Pizza but couldn't be bothered to walk to Pizza Express! Hadn't even noticed this place existed before! It is quite small & wasn't busy considering it was a Saturday evening. The service was relatively quick & the food is well priced (Pizzas start at £7 ish). The food is really nice tasting and there is options to add extra items onto pizzas and stuff which you would expect. I have marked down the service just beacuse it took a while for the bill to be brought up at the end.
I would also recommend the Cheesecake - delicious!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Guildford, United Kingdom
“A suprisingly good restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Visited with my husband and Mother in Law one Saturday lunchtime. We were the only people in there (meaning I can't really complain about service attentiveness!) but warmly greeted by a very friendly waiter and chef. We ate pizza which was well above average and the price was very reasonable, the beer is a little on the expensive side, but what you would expect from somewhere like Pizza Express. Would come here again. Don't be put off by the grim surroundings of "the strip" in Woking, or the less than appealing view of McDonalds, lovely pizzas reasonably priced.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing lack of flexibility”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Called here early one Saturday evening. The place is well presented and inviting and the initial greeting was friendly. Having ordered a drink I was handed the menu. This is quite limited and, as I didn't want pizza, even more so. Add to this that I was looking for a vegetarian dish and the choices soon boiled-down to no more than 2/3 items. Unfortunately, the options remaining focused on an absence of meat rather than much by the way of vegetables. I therefore asked the waiter whether it would be possible to substitute the meat element of one of the other dishes with a vegetable alternative but this was flatly refused ... basically it was the menu or nothing, so I opted for the latter and went elsewhere.

Yes, I am a fussy eater and seem to be in a minority in actually liking vegetables as part of the dish, so I don't expect menus to offer that many options. The vast majority of decent restaurants are, however, more than happy to be flexible on this and I rarely have any real problems. This was the first time in quite a while that I encountered an inability to help.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Cheap and cheeful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were staying in a hotel nearby but wanted a change so we tried this. It was a Friday night about 9 and there was only 6 people in but service and food were good and really reasonable prices.

Visited July 2012