“J brunt” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Runcorn
Tamworth, United Kingdom
“J brunt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic friendly staff on reception, at breakfast and in the restaurant. Rooms clean and food lovely. A great place to stay. Car parking good and secure. Lobby area and bar great for relaxing in. I would choose to stay here again for business and pleasure

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
jonathan_huglin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Jane B
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Runcorn.
I am delighted to read that you would stay with us again and that you found the staff friendly, the rooms clean and the food lovely.
We appreciate you taking the time to pay compliment regarding your stay here and your comments will be passed on to the team.
I do hope that we get the chance to welcome you back in the near future.
Jonathan Huglin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This hotel is spacious looking on arrival to reception, after a long journey check in was quick and staff helpful in arranging a taxi and hot drink before I had to leave for work within 30 mins.

The bedroom was a disappointment, based on the first floor which is two floors up from reception? As you enter the hotel you arrive at the third floor?!

The room had very old furniture, the bathroom was horrible with mould and very small so you bumped into the toilet getting into the shower.

I found it strange there was no hair dryer and it was very cold in the room, as it was late when I returned to the room I didn't mention the negatives to staff.

The restaurant serves nice food, which is not cheap and takes time to arrive as they cater for the bar orders too.

Breakfast was pleasant with plenty of choice of hot and cold food. The staff were not very helpful to hurts and seemed to be stressed even though it was not busy, they did not portray a positive atmosphere.

Overall, I did feel this was not a hotel I would choose to stay in again and I have stayed in Holiday Inns before and had better experiences.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear DeerUK
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn.
I am sorry to hear that there where certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your standards in particular the layout of the hotel and the décor of the rooms. The concerns regarding the mould have been passed to our Housekeeping Manager and the issues regarding the Breakfast Staff to the Restaurant Manager for further investigation.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed here for a university open day with a friend. Receptionist was very friendly at check in and we purchased 2 dinner vouchers for the restaurant. The staff in the restaurant were very friendly and down to earth and the food was lovely!
The rooms were clean and the beds were comfy. The shower was fantastic!
Had breakfast the next morning and the choice was good.
Would stay here again definately! On check out our bill was wrong but the staff sorted it out straight away. Did the job and enjoyed my stay!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
jonathan_huglin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear TylerKateP
I am delighted to read that you found the Reception and Restaurant staff to be friendly and that you enjoyed your dining experience during both dinner and breakfast. I am also happy to hear that you found the room clean and comfortable.
I do hope that we get the chance to welcome you back if you are ever in the area again.
Chester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed here with my wife 4 anniversary. Rooms were shabby and dated. Things seemed ok until early hrs of morning when my wife noticed something just under the bed. To my horror my wife had found a used bottle of lube/sex toy which had been left from the previous guests. When we arrived home we rang and explained exactly what had happened, how my wifes anniversary had been ruined because if basic cleaning hadnt been done what else had not been cleaned! We were offered a £20 refund which considering what my wife had found was a complete insult. Our night had been ruined. After several phone calls we agreed on £30 refund which is still an insult but they made it clear they werent going 2 give us a full refund. Worse hotel I have ever stayed in!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
jonathan_huglin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear joanne c
I am saddened to read this review on the Trip Advisor website.
I am deeply sorry for the item that you found in your bedroom and after receiving the complaint via our guest relations department I investigated the issue personally.
The Room Attendant is very upset and shocked that she had missed this item under the bed but has assured me that the cleaning of the room was to our i-clean schedule.
Our Reception Manager confirms offering you a £20 refund after your initial phone call and then also confirms that you called again to state that you did not feel that this recompense was appropriate. After speaking with the accounts department and verifying your details Vicky then processed the full refund and called you back to advise. Unfortunately there was no answer but Vicky assures me that she left a voice mail confirming the full refund. In the mean time you had contacted our guest relations department who offered you a £30 refund. I e-mailed yourself yesterday (06/10/13) to apologise once again and I had hoped to clear up the confusion.
I am sorry that you feel that our hotel is the worst you have ever stayed in, that we ruined your anniversary and that you feel we made it clear that we were not going to give you your full refund, this was not our intention.
Jonathan Huglin

Travelers are raving about these Runcorn hotels

Hull
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Having booked an Executive room I was extremely disappointed to find :-
1. The bathroom was so small it was not possible to move around without banging into the toilet bowl
2. The lock on the room door did not work. The plate had been screwed on at an angle so that the bolt could not go through.

Also, the Steak, Kidney and Taragon pie was very poor - small with hard pastry and hardly any meat. But a good breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Headboy
I am sorry to hear that there where certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your standards in particular the lock on the door and your dissatisfaction with the steak, kidney and tarragon pie.
I have passed your comments onto the Maintenance Manager and Head Chef for further investigation.
I would like to once again thank you for raising these issues with me as without guest feedback it would be impossible to improve our hotel which is something here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn we are striving to do.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel.. because the offer was to good to refuse. It is in good distance to chester zoo, cheshire oaks and large food and drink outlets. The hotel was ideal out of the way from main roads etc, our room backed on to the woods which was really nice. The rooms are nice, clean and well presented. The receptionists where welcoming and extremely helpful. There was only one downside.. noise.. the room had a door leading to the next room.. which wasnt the best for keeping the noise out.. we ended up using a towel and the bottom of the door.. most of the day and night we could hear word for word what the other guest where doing.. i dont think this is any bad reflection on the hotel. i think it all depends on the guests that have booked...it was abit fustrating but i would go back there again and recommend to others.. just as a base to sleep if you are gonna be active during the day.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear chocolatecoke,
I am delighted to hear that you found the rooms to be clean and well presented, the reception team to be welcoming and helpful and that you would stay with us again and recommend to others.
I am sorry to hear that the noise from the adjoining room was a problem. I appreciate you taking the time to raise this issue with us and I can assure you that this will be discussed with the relevant Heads of Departments to save further complaints of the same nature.
I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Stamford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stayed here recently for a work conference. This hotel has a lot of good points - the pool, spa and gym are nice, the communcal areas are really smart, the breakfast was excellent and there is plenty of parking. Its also nicely situated just off the M56. The conferecning facilities and service were brilliant too.
We ate in the restarant the night before the conference - the food was really good. I think most of us had steak - no complaints here! The 'seasoned wedges' are amazing!!!
We also got lunch during the conference which was also really good.
The staff on the desk were friendly and helpful at check in and check out.
The room was small but clean, the thing which let it down was that I paid £104 for it (then had to pay £10 for breakfast) and it was very tired, dated and had a lot of wear and tear. having siad this, it had everything I needed, the air con worked and the bed was comfy. I cant help thinking i'd have got a better room at the preier inn for half the price. If I was on a leisure stay with my partner I think I would have been really disappointed with the room.
I did note that some areas of the hotel were being refurbished, so hopefully that will extend to the rooms.
Overall a good hotel and a good stay, but rooms need some work to make it more than 3 stars for me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
jonathan_huglin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Shaz105
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Runcorn.
I am pleased to hear that you found the staff friendly, the food excellent and the spirit health club top be good.
We appreciate you taking the time to comment as without guest feedback it would be impossible to improve our hotel which is something here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn we are striving to do. I am also pleased to confirm that a capital plan is in place to refurbish the bedroom block in the very near future.
I hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Jonathan Huglin

Been to Holiday Inn Runcorn? Share your experiences!