“A great little bit of Italy in Runcorn” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 54 Restaurants in Runcorn
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
cheshire
“A great little bit of Italy in Runcorn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

A great evening out at a reasonable price I visited this local restaurant on returning from work one Sunday night. I had read reviews on here and was keen to try it out for myself.
We were created by a friendly waiter who asked us where we would like to sit s they weren't too busy. We asked the waiter about the wine and he reccomended gte house which was thwarting cheapest but we were pleasantly surprised with how good it was. To be honest all the wines were vert reasonable.
I opted for a starter of calamari which can sometimes prove chewy if not cooked correctly and which is also sometimes prone to being over heavy on batter. My starter was perfectly cooked Wuthering just enough bite to give it texture but not over cooked and the light tempura batter was perfect. The garlic mayo was served separately on a spoon so was an option but not an essential. The portion was large enough but not too large that it spoilt the appetite. My fellow diner didn't fancy a starter but wanted some bread and olive oil, though not on the menu a large plate of home made rustic bread appeared and went down well.
As for the mains I decided to go for lamb chops I was asked how I licked them cooked and asked for them to be well done and crispy. They were perfect abduction I got 5 of them all crispy yet beautifully tender. My partner opted for sea bass and got two well sized fillets which were perfectly cooked with a crisp skin and soft flesh beautifully flavoured. Neither of us fancied salad so we were asked what we would like instead. I got a mix of mushrooms and onion and we had a side of vegetables and babe potatoes. All the food was cooked to perfection With godd but not overall attentive service which we both prefer I can think of nothing worse than being constantly asked about our food as some places do in an Americanized false manner
The chef actually asked us how the food was which was a nice touch and we were given 2 free grappas
We decided on a homemade tiramasu between us, the only criticism was that it was slightly too chilled abduction would of benefited from a larger dose of alcohol in the base. We ordered coffee which was very good however I went for Irish coffee which was not brilliantly made and this disappointed me however the overall dining experience outweighed those minor gripes
We will certainly return and try other menu options and will recommend it to friends well done to our new Italian neighbours they have given a much needed lift to Runcorn

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

we visited last night and was very impressed. food was great, staff were great, service was fast and didnt feel like we were in runcorn at all. we will be returning without a doubt and have reccomended to my friends and family.

Runcorn, England, United Kingdom
“Great venue, lovely food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Great food, great service & a great addition to Runcorn. Will definately be returning again soon. Menu is a tad expensive on first glance, however the quality comes through.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“A welcome addition”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We have lived in Runcorn for over 30 years. Despite some fine architecture in and around (and even in the otherwise unpreposssessing Old Town) it has little to offer and certainly has never had a decent restaurant - until now. This family restauarant is a gem. It is warm, friendly, convivial and with good service. The food is of a high standard and the arrival of this place has been well worth the wait. It desreves our support.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cheshire
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Went for husbands birthday with friends . Fantastic restaurant really nice food worth every penny. Will return and recommend to all.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere